5. || FIVE

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hours passed and finally short after midnight they finally managed to make the elevator working again. The lights came back on again and the air conditioning had finally stopped. Jonghyun looked next to him still finding you asleep. Not only did it put a smile on his face, it also made his heart flutter. “I like you Lauren” he whispered removing a string of hair hanging in front of your face and tucked it behind your ear. "Ah there you are. Are you ok?" SHINee's manager panicked finding you and Jonghyun in the elevator. "Is she ok?" he asked with a worried look on his face as soon as he saw you had been crying. "She's ok" Jonghyun whispered assuring everyone. "You guys really need to eat something. Take her to the dressing room" SHINee's manager insisted as he walked away to look for his assistant to order you both something to eat. The man he was, Jonghyun carefully scooped you off the ground and carried you out of the elevator into the SHINee dressing room where the rest of SHINee and Chloe were waiting. "Are you guys ok?" Chloe asked a little bit too loud before she realized that you were sleeping. "She cried?" Taemin asked sounding worried thinking Jonghyun did something to her she didn’t want. "She probably panicked" Chloe started. "Lauren is claustrophobic so I guess she panicked and cried trying to calm herself". Jonghyun laid you down on the black leather sofa in the dressing room not really wanting to wake you up, but he also knew you had to eat and drink something. SHINee's manager walked back into the dressing room "Food is on the way. Make sure the both of you eat and drink a lot of water" and left the room again taking another phone call that looked somewhat important to ignore it. Short after the food was delivered you opened your eyes again and realized you were everywhere but home. While the others left the room, Jonghyun stayed with you and tried to wake you up. You rubbed your eyes looking somewhat surprised when you saw Jonghyun sitting on the floor in front of the couch after he sat the table with food. He stayed with you? You sat up straight yawning like no tomorrow, but you were somewhat hungry and still feeling sick at the same time. Jonghyun looked up when he noticed you were awake. “Are you feeling alright?” he asked sounding somewhat worried. You nodded lightly. “Yeah I just feel a little puffy I guess”. You didn’t even wanted to know what you looked like right now. Probably like panda with your mascara all the way down to your chin. How embarrassing really. “They got us some food. You should eat something” Jonghyun insisted meeting his eyes with yours. “I think I can use some food” you smiled correcting your hair and shirt. You couldn’t resist and had to take a quick look in the mirror on your phone. It wasn’t so bad, even though you still somewhat looked like a panda. You took out a napkin from your purse and started to remove the few black lines on your cheek to make yourself a bit more presentable again.


Jonghyun had walked over to the small table in the room and stalled out all the food that was ordered for you two. Groggily you walked over to the table and joined him before you noticed you were still wearing his jacket. “I...I am still wearing this” you mumbled ready to take it off but Jonghyun raised his hand and shook his head. “You can return it to me tomorrow. Don’t worry about it”. You grabbed a spoon and a pair of chopsticks and started to feed yourself with some rice and soup. You weren’t as hungry as you hoped to be and Jonghyun noticed that too. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked still worried swallowing the last bit of rice. “I am just sleepy and still feeling nauseous. That’s what happens when you have a panic attack like I did back there” you explained. “At least you are trying to eat something” Jonghyun smiled taking another mouthful of rice. You didn’t eat much but you ate something. You didn’t really have much appetite when you reached the state you were in right now, but you did drink the whole bottle of water without any problems. “Are you girls okay taking a bus back? I could drop you off?” You gave Jonghyun a small smile. “It’s okay, I am sure we’ll manage to get home” you assured him. “She’s in good hands, don’t worry” Chloe convinced the worried looking Jonghyun. “But thanks for the offer. I shall take her home now and make sure she gets to bed and catches some sleep. She’s in need of it”. Jonghyun nodded. “If you girls are okay then I am too”. “Isn’t this his jacket?” Chloe asked looking confused at you. You nodded. “It is, but he told me to return it tomorrow” and exchanged a glare or two with Jonghyun. “Well see you guys” you smiled waving them goodnight and left with your friend Chloe to take the next best bus back to your apartment. Chloe made sure you got back into the apartment in one piece and the bus ride took a little longer than usual. You were so much out of energy that it wasn’t long before you fell asleep as soon as you got into your bed after you showered and threw on a comfortable pair of PJ’s. In fact you were falling asleep with a big smile on your face and caught yourself thinking of Jonghyun again and how he smelled. Your friend was right, why fight your feelings for him? What are you afraid of? What do you have to lose?
 


Like any other day you had been extremely busy running around like a chicken without its head to make sure SHINee's wardrobe was prepared and ready for their broadcast performance. You couldn't wait until the end of the day so you could slow it down a little bit and catch your breath. Working for such a big entertainment company really was hard work and long days. As soon as the broadcast performance was over you gathered all the outfits from SHINee's dressing room and took them to the dry cleaner nearby. The sooner that was done, the better it was for you. After a while you picked up the clean outfits again and returned them to the wardrobe where it belonged. You took a look at your watch and it was 6.30 PM already. Since when did time go this fast? The SM Entertainment party was starting in two and a half hours, no way you could be all dressed up, had your dinner and meet with Key to be just on time on the party? You grabbed your coat and headed out of the building deciding to take the public transport back to your apartment. Unfortunately for you it was raining and it came down like a waterfall. "Just great" you pouted. "Now I will be soaking wet too. Can it get any worse?" Just when you released those last words it started to hail and storm a little. "Are you kidding me?" you murmured and got a little hesitant to go through this weather. You had no choice. You were supposed to meet with Key and Minho in less than two hours. Against your will you rushed outside the door to find the closest bus stop going your direction. Just when you wanted to cross the street to take the bus to your neighborhood, a black vehicle pulled up rolling down the window. "Lauren?" Jonghyun asked not really recognizing you at first because of your drained face and hairdo. You faced the car recognizing Jonghyun's voice. "It's really you! Hurry. Get in the car". You somewhat froze in your tracks because of his sudden action of inviting you into his car. "You really don't want me to pull you in! You'll get sick". You blinked your eyes. "It's a little too late for that" you answered sarcastically. "Come on, get in. I am heading your direction anyways. I'll drop you off" Jonghyun insisted. "I....I don't know....I might ruin your car" you murmured crossing your arms in front of your chest rubbing your arms as you got a little cold. "Don't be so stubborn and don't worry about my car. Just get in already will you? Or do you want me to get out and get you?" Jonghyun threatened with a smile in his voice. "No no" you mumbled giving in and stepped into the car while Jonghyun turned the heater on.


"You really need to stop being so stubborn sometimes" Jonghyun shrugged. "You're ok?" You just nodded lightly. "Yea, I am just wet" you answered dryly. Jonghyun shook his head stepping on the gas driving you to your apartment which was on the same block as SHINee's and pulled up in the front. "Thank you for driving me here. I owe you" you whispered ready to step out of the car. "Don't worry about it. Just make sure you'll take a warm shower and dress warm ok? I don't want you to get sick" Jonghyun insisted smiling at you. "I will thanks. See you tonight" you said and stepped out of the car rushing into the apartment building disappearing quickly. Jonghyun sighed looking in front of him watching the rain bounce of the car. "I don't want you to get sick?" he whispered to himself. 'Why do I care so much? Do I really care for her that much?' and waited a few more seconds before he snapped out if his thoughts and headed home. You walked into your apartment leaving straight into the bathroom to get rid of your wet clothes. As soon as you locked the bathroom door you leaned with your back against the door releasing a big sigh combing your hair with your fingers. 'I told myself not to fall in love and here I am, falling in love. I can't. We can't'. Slowly you stumbled into the warm shower giving yourself some time to warm up again. As soon as you were done taking your shower, you threw on your bathrobe. You thought you would feel better after taking a shower, but you didn't, instead you felt worse than before. 'How long do you think to pretend and deny all your feelings Lauren Daniels?' Lost in thought you walked back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter