17. || SEVENTEEN

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day, the big day for you. Today you were going to leave your school life behind you. Permanently. You enjoyed every single day being in the school you were in, but you were more than happy you finally graduated. Time for the adult kind of life. With all that said, you couldn't wait to launch your online business and start doing what you love to do. Now that you officially graduated and received your diploma in front of all the other fellow graduates, friends and family, you were preparing yourself at your place with your friends Chloe, Riley, Shoshanna and school friends Amanda and Abigail to get ready for the biggest celebration school would have; the Graduation Ball or in other words; prom! This was your chance to attend a school dance with your best friends for the last time for old times’ sake. Amanda was sitting on your bed when she noticed the two suitcases packed in your room for your big move "So you're really leaving huh?" You smiled from one ear to the other after you applied your mascara. "Yea, it feels weird to know that I am leaving New York, but I want to be with my guy who happens to be the sweetest one in the universe". "Ahw, I really admire you" Abigail smiled finishing her eye shadow. "I really hope he is worth the move". Chloe turned around after she curled her hair. "She's in good hands and he's a good guy, but I guess you will finally meet him in five days at their concert right?" Abigail chuckled. "Pyeah! Never heard their music. You guys talked us into it so I am super curious though". Just when she finished the sentence, SHINee's music video 'Hello' passed your TV screen. You were more than happy your parents had satellite TV so you were able to receive quite a number of Asian channels as well because you enjoyed watching Korean dramas and variety shows.


"Just when you're talking about the devil" Chloe shrugged and pointed at your TV that was on. "Is it them?" Abigail asked pointing at the TV. You and Chloe both nodded at the same time. Abigail and Amanda both turned to the TV curious about the five boys that called themselves SHINee. "Cute" Amanda squealed. "And who is your guy? Wait, it's the one with the blue greyish leopard shirt right?" Amanda corrected herself confident she picked out the right guy. You smiled with pride "Yap that's he and he’s all mine". "He's handsome I’ll give you that" Abigail answered nearly drooling in front of the TV. "But they're all cute I guess. They're all single?" she joked. "As far as I know the rest of them are, but Kibum is off limits" Chloe interrupted as she took her dress ready to put it on claiming Key to be hers only. "The guy with the long hair is cute. He has a cute smile" Amanda continued referring to Onew. “He can knock on my door anytime bringing me flowers” Abigail chuckled. "Girls please don't fight over the poor guy" you chuckled. "He's single too?" Abigail smiled looking at you. "y, free and single" you chuckled and took your dress from the chair ready to put yours on as well. "This will be so interesting" Abigail cheered as she continued to do her make-up as soon as the video stopped playing and so did Amanda. Now that they both had a short introduction to SHINee, they couldn't wait to see them in person. Finally everyone had their dresses on and were pretty much ready and so were you. "Lauren, I love your dress! It looks good on you" Riley complimented you. You smiled at your friends checking out your dress in the mirror. They were right. It was fit for you although your mom had made some adjustments to it to make it even better than it already looked. It looked a whole lot better than you expected. "Thanks to my mom" and applied some lip gloss on your lips before your mom knocked on the door. "Girls are you all dressed?" your mom asked carefully before she walked in. "What is it?" you asked surprised looking at your mom. "I think your ride is here". "We'll be down in a bit" you smiled at your mom correcting your dress.


Your mom got the memo and left your room again while all of you girls gathered your purses, phones and made finishing touches putting on your shoes heading downstairs to meet with the others waiting outside. "You girls look absolutely gorgeous" your mom complimented all of you and made you gather for a group picture. "Thank you Mrs. Daniels" Amanda smiled hugging your mom to thank her. "You don't need to thank me" Mrs. Daniels smiled. Unaware of anything you walked into the living room to get your purse and found a smiling, y looking Jonghyun in a tux holding a small box. "Oh my god" you mumbled not believing what you were seeing. He's really in front of you? Is this real? "H..how..?" you attempted but failed to speak. "Will you be my prom date?" Jonghyun smiled ily at you taking a step closer to you. "Jong...." you attempted once more but failed to speak as you were overwhelmed to find your boyfriend in your living room all of a sudden and looked at Jonghyun with glassy eyes in disbelief "Is that a yes?" Jonghyun asked carefully not removing the smile from his face. "Of course" you whispered moving closer to Jonghyun wrapping your arms around his neck kissing your boyfriend's lips not caring about the lip gloss you would have to redo again. Jonghyun pulled you closer. "You look gorgeous like always. You look like an angel wearing white" he whispered complementing your dress leaning his forehead on yours. "But you always look beautiful to me". You smiled with no ends moving your hands down resting them on his arms. “I know how much you love white and I so didn't expect you here, but I am so happy” you whispered inhaling his scent holding onto him tightly unaware you were practically crying. “Baby don't cry. Your make-up”. You blinked followed by a chuckle. “I am not crying”. Jonghyun gave you one of his killing y smiles removing the tears from below your eyes with his index fingers. “I missed you so much though” you whispered. “You don't have to miss me anymore” he smiled taking your face in between his hands staring away into your eyes. “I love you” you whispered not taking your eyes from his. “I love you too baby” Jonghyun whispered leaning in to kiss you more properly. Because he too, missed you like crazy.


"Where is Lauren?" Riley asked looking around for you wondering where you went since everyone was waiting outside. As soon as she walked into the living room, she found you kissing your boyfriend. "Oh hi....ehm..." Riley started feeling guilty she interrupted your little moment "Everyone's waiting?" You smiled at your cousin. "Sorry, I was just..." "It's okay. You're still coming?" Riley asked nearly thinking you would want to stay home instead. You looked at your boyfriend who was putting the flower corsage around your wrist taking your hand "Let's not make your friends wait" and continued to smile at you. You squeezed Jonghyun's hand a little while he escorted you outside following Riley. "Ah there you are. Oh hii Jonghyun!" Chloe smiled surprised not expecting to see Jonghyun. "Is that..?" Abigail carefully asked whispering in Chloe's ear. Chloe smiled. "Yea, that's the lucky guy". "Do they all look this handsome in person?" Abigail complemented Jonghyun's looks. "Yeah they do. Don't worry, you'll meet the others in five days or just go to Asia when you have time and you’ll meet dozens of them" Chloe chuckled while everyone stepped into the vehicle. Your evening couldn't have started any better with Jonghyun by your side as your date to your last prom. You didn't let go of Jonghyun's hand for one second earning glares from the other three guys who tagged along including Shoshanna's boyfriend and Amanda and Abigail's prom date trying to figure out what made Jonghyun so special that you turned down their friend's offer to take you out as a prom date, but they also knew that Jonghyun was your boyfriend for almost two years and that you were moving to Seoul soon to be with him so they didn’t blame you for it. You finally arrived at the party where photos were taken of the prom couples and groups upon request and so did you and Jonghyun. This would be given something to look back to and you liked that idea.


While everyone walked in Simple Plan started to play 'Jet Lag' taking it over from the DJ giving away a live performance. You pulled on Jonghyun's hand pulling him closer snaking your arms around his waist holding him as tight as you could. How you missed his muscular body. "I missed you". Jonghyun leaned in planting his lips on yours "I missed you more". You chuckled resting your head on his chest closing your eyes for a second. "I am more than happy I'll get to be with you. Waking up next to you every morning". Jonghyun held you tighter. "I am never going to let you go" and kissed your head as you were enjoying your prom dance. “Can’t I just snuggle into your suitcase and go home with you?” you whispered looking back at your boyfriend. “You’re asking me to kidnap you?” he smirked rubbing your arms with both hands. “Yes please. I am going crazy without you” you confessed keeping your eyes locked on his. “I know baby. You’re not the only who is going crazy. I’d rather take you home with me now than tomorrow” Jonghyun whispered leaning in to kiss you. “We have to be a little more patient” “I know” you sighed enjoying one of your first prom dances with your boyfriend. “Can I get you something to drink?” Jonghyun whispered in your ear before he kissed your cheek. You nodded. “There should be some punch or some kind of lemonade at the tables over there”. Jonghyun didn’t hesitate and took your hand in his to get something to drink for the two of you. As he pulled you through the dancing crowd you earned several glares here and there as no one really recognized Jonghyun ever going to this same school, nor were some aware you actually had a boyfriend to begin with. Too many were surprised to see you with a guy since they never saw you with one in school, other than your male friends of course. “There you go” Jonghyun smiled handing you a plastic cup of lemonade before he got one himself. “Thanks” you smiled and took a sip. “You look very handsome in a tux” you complimented your good looking boyfriend correcting his tie. “Am I?” he smirked looking at you with the forever twinkle in his eyes. You nodded stepping closer planting your lips on his. “Lauren?! There you are” Chloe cheered joining the drinking stand with you and Jonghyun as she caught you kissing your boyfriend. “Were you looking for me?” you asked surprised. Chloe sighed “No, but we were wonderin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter