19. || NINETEEN

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While you were preparing a healthy salad for lunch before diving back in all the work you still had to do, your phone was buzzing right next to you. You cleaned your hands on a towel and saw it was your boyfriend calling. "Hey?!" you smiled happy to hear his voice "Hey babe, listen. Do you have time to meet me in the hospital right now?" Jonghyun asked hoping you would say yes. Worried thinking something bad has happened to him you started firing questions at him. "Something happened? Are you okay?" you panicked. Jonghyun shrugged. "Baby relax, I'm okay. I am asking you to come to the hospital because I want you to meet someone. That is why I asked if you can make some time for me right now". "Right now?" you asked bluntly wondering what he was up to. "Mhm. Can you?" Jonghyun asked still waiting for an answer. "Yea, okay! Just give me a few. Which hospital is it?" you asked closing your laptop and took the cable out of the socket. "It's the Asan Medical Center" Jonghyun answered with a smile in his voice. "Alright, I'll see you in twenty minutes if the traffic is working with me" you assured him before you hung up. "So mysterious all the time" you whispered to yourself grabbing your purse. For one last time you checked your hair in the mirror, grabbed the car keys and left the house. After driving for a little more than twenty minutes you finally reached the hospital parking the car wherever you could and headed to the entrance finding Jonghyun waiting for you at the entrance of the hospital building. "You're here" Jonghyun smiled stealing a kiss from you. “Is everything okay though? Is it your mom?” you asked with a straight face. Jonghyun shook his head rubbing your arms “No baby, no! I asked you for a reason. I have a very good reason. Trust me” and took your hand dragging you into the hospital to the baby department. You were slowing the pace not feeling comfortable walking around such department surrounded by baby cries. You felt very uncomfortable seeing all these new born babies everywhere not sure why you were here in the first place and not sure if you wanted to confront your inner mommy feelings.


"Jong, where are you taking me?" you asked nervously stopping in your tracks ready to turn around and leave again. Jonghyun noticed you were feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Baby, I’m sorry. I wasn't thinking" and stopped from walking squeezing your hands. "The reason I asked you to come here is because my sister had her baby this morning. I want you to meet him" "It's a boy?" you asked smiling forgetting about your own feelings for a second. "You want to meet the new family member? You're an auntie now" Jonghyun joked taking you to the room his sister was. You pulled on your boyfriend's hand. "You pabo, you can't meet your sister empty handed. It's your sister!" you scolded him walking back to one of the shops to get something for the baby boy and his mama. Jonghyun didn't move an inch and just stood there waiting for you to come back with a bouquet of flowers and a big bear for the newborn. Jonghyun couldn't stop smiling. "Gimme that" and took the big bear from you thinking it was too big for you to carry around and took your hand in his other and made your way to the recovery room. Jonghyun knocked on the door and only walked in after his sister shouted it was okay for them to come in. You carefully opened the door walking in. "Congratulations" you cheered putting the flowers in a vase before hugging Sun Ah who looked quite exhausted to you. "Thanks so much for the flowers. They’re beautiful” Sun Ah smiled looking at the flowers. “And thank you for coming here”. “No problem. How do you feel?” you asked not wanting to lose her precious time to rest just because someone called Jonghyun was too excited to see his newborn nephew. "I am doing pretty okay actually. I am a little tired still, but other than that it's not so bad" Sun Ah explained. “Are you sure it is okay for us to visit right now? We can come back later if that’s better” you assured her starting to feel guilty you interrupted in the first place. Sun Ah shook her head. “No please. I’m glad you guys are here. It’s okay. I slept a little this afternoon. When I’m getting tired of you two you’ll know” she chuckled.


As impatient as he was, Jonghyun had already taken his little nephew out of the crib holding him in his arms while he was peacefully sleeping slightly moving his hands a little. "Meet little Dae Jung" Jonghyun smiled as you turned around finding your boyfriend holding the little boy. "Ahwe, he's so precious and big though" and you couldn't stop smiling as you his little hand with your finger. "You want to hold him?" Jonghyun asked carefully knowing it would recall some mixed feelings for you, but he was convinced it would help you dealing with guilt. You shook your head. "I don..." but you couldn't even finish your sentence as Jonghyun carefully passed the baby boy to you. So much went through your mind. You felt so much at the same time, but you couldn’t help to smile. "Hi?!" you smiled as the little one was trying to open his eyes but the lights in the room were too bright for him. “These lights are too bright for you huh?" you whispered sitting yourself down in one of the chairs stalled in the room not keeping your eyes from the little man wondering what it would have been like if you never miscarried in the first place. Would it have been a boy? Or a girl perhaps? Unfortunately you never got to know. No matter how much you dealt with it, you always felt a piece of you was missing, a void that could not be explained. Jonghyun's heart fluttered at the sight of how you were holding his little nephew and knew that one day you’ll be a perfect mommy. Sun Ah noticed her brother’s facial expression and the way he was staring at you.


“Don’t you have something to tell me or share with your big sister?” she smiled poking Jonghyun’s arm. “Sorry?” Jonghyun mumbled snapping out of his stare. “Come on. I see the way you’re looking at her. She looks good with a baby don’t you think?” Sun Ah smiled at her brother. Jonghyun shook his head letting out a sigh. “If only that was so easy” and looked back at his sister. “But yea she does. It looks natural doesn’t it?” he whispered looking back at you again. “Jonghyun-ah. If something is bothering you or if there is something you need or want to talk about, you know you can talk to me. Whatever it is?” Sun Ah reminded her brother. Jonghyun gave his sister an uncomfortable smile. “I know thanks. Some things are just difficult to talk about especially when it’s a sensitive subject” and tucked his hands in his pockets. “Are you two alright?” Sun Ah asked sounding worried about the relationship you were both in. “Our relationship couldn’t be better” Jonghyun smiled looking back at you. “I just wish I could give her what she wants without having to drag her through hell to get it” he confessed. Sun Ah looked at you and back at his brother and noticed the way he was looking at you holding a child. Her instinct was telling her that it had something to do with a baby, but she wasn’t sure if she should pull it out of her brother to talk about it, but it made her heart feel somewhat heavy. “Jonghyun” Sun Ah started putting a firm hand on his arm. “I am not entirely sure what this is about although I do have my guesses. You two will get through this and figure it out. You two need each other. Don’t forget to talk to each other even though I can imagine it’s not an easy subject to talk about. But I know talking will help you understand each other in how you feel about it” she assured her brother. “Everything will be alright. You two are meant to be together”. Jonghyun sighed looking back at his sister. “I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks! So where is your other half?” he randomly asked to change the subject to drop the awkwardness. “He went out to get some frozen yogurt for me. I have been craving for it ever since I was pregnant and even now I can’t stop” Sun Ah joked making Jonghyun giggle. “He should be back in a minute” she added reaching for her brother’s hand this time. “Promise me you two are okay?” Jonghyun turned around looking at his sister “Noona don’t worry about us. Everything couldn’t be better between us...it’s just that we have a difficulty or two. I promise we’re okay”. Sun Ah gave her brother a smile. “That’s all I wanted to know”.


Jonghyun made his way back to you and sat himself on the chair next to you greeting his little nephew who was still fighting to open his eyes. “Hey little guy” he whispered his head. "It suits you. The both of you" Sun Ah smiled liking the sight of you two together with a baby. You just smiled at Sun Ah and looked back at Jonghyun who was looking at you when he noticed your watery eyes and kissed your temple. “You’ll make a very good mommy someday. I love you Lauren" and kissed you. "I know you do" you whispered looking into your boyfriend's dark eyes before you looked back at the little Dae Jung who slightly had his eyes open. "Hi? You're saying hello to us now?" you sing songed smiling at the little boy in your arms who started to whine because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter