7. || SEVEN

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a little longer than a month since you and Jonghyun went out on your first date. You've been on several dates together in the meantime and took you out for a fancy dinner, movies, the zoo and Lotte World, but this time since it was rapidly getting colder and the winter was slowly making its way into Korea, Jonghyun decided to make this date a bit more personal. He didn't say what he had in mind, but assured you it was something he had never done for a girl. You didn't really know exactly what the plans were today, only that Jonghyun wanted to take you out for a walk in the park. Knowing this you decided to throw on some comfortable jeans and a light gray knitted sweater. While you were sitting in the couch putting on your black converse, the doorbell echoed through the apartment making you and Chloe both jump. "Holy geesh" Chloe mumbled walking to the door to see who was ringing in the first place while she was eating her toast. "It's Jonghyun, probably coming for you" she shouted at you taking another bite from her toast "She'll be down in a minute" she shouted through the intercom and startled Jonghyun with her sudden voice. Jonghyun laughed "Ok, I'll be right here". Chloe went back to reading her book in the kitchen while you threw on your coat. "I am not sure exactly what time I'll be back" you informed your best friend. "Uh huh, well at least let me know if you're staying for dinner or not because Key is coming over to make mac and cheese". You frowned "You have a date with Kibum?" Chloe shook her head. "It's not a date" and waved with her toast. "We're friends and we're just having a little dinner party here and Key decided to make mac and cheese, so it would be nice if you two could make it as well. Unless you two have better things to do" and wiggled her eyebrows. You chuckled. "What? Don't even go there". "Come on, don't tell me you guys haven't done the big thing yet!" Chloe said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. You shook your head. "I am not going to answer that!" and buttoned your coat. "Oh my god. Did you guys really?" Chloe asked surprised nearly choking on her toast holding her hand in front of . "Chloe?! What do you think? Seriously? No of course we haven't done it yet" and you quickly shook your head. "Why am I even telling you this? Anyways, we haven't. Oh and I am sure this conversation can wait until tonight." you shrugged leaving the apartment. Chloe blinked her eyes confused looking at the door not quite understanding why you're taking your time and soon snapped out of her gaze finishing her breakfast while you took the elevator down to meet Jonghyun at the front side of the big building.


You started to smile like an idiot as soon as you saw Jonghyun and he couldn't hide the grin on his face either. "I am so happy to see you" Jonghyun smiled ily at you surprising you with a kiss. "Mhm, I am happy to see you too" you whispered answering his kiss taking Jonghyun's hand entwining your fingers with his. "Let's walk through the park a little?" Jonghyun suggested. You nodded smiling at the always good looking Jonghyun. "I am okay with everything as long as I am spending time with you" and rested your head on his shoulder while he started guiding you through the park as the majority of leaves came down from the trees when the wind was blowing over. "I'm really enjoying this" you whispered with a never ending smile plastered on your face holding Jonghyun's warm hand with your head still against his shoulder looking at the leaves gently falling down to the ground. Jonghyun turned his head looking at you smiling from one ear to the other. "Believe it or not, I am enjoying this too" and gently squeezed your hand slowing down the walking pace "You're actually the first girl I have these kind of feelings for" he confessed making you stop in your tracks. You raised your head looking at Jonghyun. "Really? I just thought you weren't exactly the kind of guy who never..." you started but noticed it was coming out wrong and shook your head. "I don't mean...well, I just expected you to have a few girlfriends at least". Jonghyun chuckled. "I feel flattered you say that, but honestly I haven't really. I have been on dates, but it's difficult to keep it a secret from the public eye and it usually ends up not going anywhere, so when it comes to girlfriends I really haven't had one since I debuted". "Oh" you smiled awkwardly trying to hide you were blushing. "I am sorry, I was just assuming..."


Jonghyun shook his head. "It's ok, don't worry about it" and let out a sigh stepping in front of you. "But you are different. I feel different when I'm with you" and took your free hand in his as well. "These feelings for you I just never had for any other girl I dated" and paused staring into your eyes. "I am not sure what you are doing to me" and shrugged taking a few steps closer. "But I do know, I like you a lot and I really would like you to be my girlfriend". "Jonghyun...are you sure this is a good idea?" you mumbled worried about the situation he will be in if you decided to be his girl. Jonghyun frowned. "Ah...I am sorry I shouldn't have asked you" and slowly let go of your hands. "Just forget I asked". You blinked your eyes and grabbed his hands this time. "Wait, it's not that I don't want to be your girlfriend. I do. It's just that" and you looked down to your feet. "I will get you into trouble and I am not sure if I that is what I want" you continued to murmur. "Lauren, what makes you think you'll get me into to trouble becoming my girlfriend?" You met back with Jonghyun's eyes and raised your shoulders. "I don't know. All I know is, SM is not going to like it that you're dating, and you're dating me for that matter. Imagine what they will say? I want to be the last person to ruin your career" you confessed. "Sweetie, you're not ruining my career ok?" Jonghyun whispered tucking your blond hair behind your ear. "I know what I am getting into and I am pretty sure they will do everything to convince me to break it off with you and stop dating you, but you know what? I am willing to take the punches" and squeezed your hands taking a few steps closer to you. "I can't express what I am feeling for you right now, but whenever I see you, you set my heart on fire. All I can think about is you and how much I want to be with you. I don't care what SM wants but I do care what I want. I want you Lauren and I really want you to be my girlfriend"


You couldn't believe what Jonghyun just said, he really liked you that much? You were speechless and didn't really know what to say. You entwined your fingers with his "Jonghyun...I" you attempted to answer but somehow you couldn't and instead you carefully pulled on his arms kissing him instead. "Is that a yes?" Jonghyun whispered staring at you. You nodded. "I like you Jonghyun and I really would love to be your girlfriend" you added finally managing to say the words he wanted to hear. Jonghyun smiled from one ear to the other and pulled out a small white box out of his pocket and handed it to you. You gave Jonghyun a confused look. "What's this?" you carefully asked staring at the box in your hand. "How about you open it?" Jonghyun shrugged. Uncomfortably you lifted the top of the box and found a silver necklace with a pink shaped heart on it. You looked back at Jonghyun. "Jonghyun, you really didn't have to buy me anything". "I wanted to and I was kind of hoping you would say yes. You like it?" Jonghyun smiled endlessly. "I love it. Thank you, but I don't know if I can accept this" you murmured. "I want you to wear it and I want this to symbolize the start of our relationship" Jonghyun confessed. "Thank you" you smiled wrapping your arms around Jonghyun's neck and pressed your lips on his afterwards. Jonghyun paused kissing you and took the necklace out of the box and stepped behind you putting the necklace around your neck after he took off your scarf. You couldn't stop smiling while Jonghyun surprised you with a back hug. "How about we get some hot chocolate or coffee?" he whispered kissing your cheek. "I'd love that" you chuckled turning around while Jonghyun wrapped the scarf around your neck again. "I don't want you to get sick" and planted a small kiss on your lips taking your hand as he took you too one of the coffee shops near the SHINee dorm.


After you and Jonghyun picked up a cup of coffee and hot chocolate, Jonghyun took you to his dorm since he was pretty sure that the rest of SHINee would be out and he liked the idea of having some sort of privacy with you. You both took your shoes off as well as your jackets while you both sat down in the big leather couch in the living room until you noticed a guitar in the corner of the room. "You guys play guitar?" you asked surprised. "Ehm, not really. Well I do sometimes" Jonghyun shrugged. "I didn't know you played the guitar?" "Well I don't" you giggled. "But my brothers did" you confessed. Jonghyun put down his coffee on the table and picked up the guitar sitting down on the floor starting to tune the guitar strumming a few strings. You joined him on the carpet finding it y to see him play the guitar and couldn't stop smiling. "You're actually pretty good" you complimented your now boyfriend. Jonghyun paused from playing giving you one of his y smirks. "You want to try?" You shook your head. "No, I am absolutely not good at this". "Come on, try it" Jonghyun insisted passing the guitar to you helping you to hold the guitar properly. You carefully the strings, but the sound coming from it was rather awful. "Sorry" you giggled. Jonghyun laughed clearly amused. "Come here" and sat himself behind you holding the guitar with you placing your fingers the way they should and finally you managed to make a guitar sound that wasn't so bad. "By the end of the day you'll be able to play one of our songs" Jonghyun complimented you whispering in your ear. You just laughed at his statement. "Yeah I am not so sure about that" and turned your head to face Jonghyun. You two didn't say anything for a few seconds and just stared into each other’s eyes until Jonghyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter