22. || TWENTY-TWO

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You smiled feeling lucky with such good friends. You finished your coffee and went upstairs to get yourselves dressed for a day out in Los Angeles to find the perfect wedding dress for you, but first you made a pit stop at the Women's clinic feeling more nervous than you ever were. Your hands were sweating which was the first time in your life it actually did. Nervously you were waiting on one of the chairs until one of the nurses called you in. "We'll be right here if you need us okay?" Chloe assured you that everything was going to be just fine. Anxiously you followed the nurse into her office and sat down in front of her desk. "How can I help you Miss Daniels?" the woman kindly asked you smiling friendly at you. "I...I would like to know if I am pregnant. I know this sounds silly and I also know I am probably not, but I would like to know just to be sure" you ranted nervously. The nurse smiled at you. "It's okay to be nervous. Let's see if we can confirm it. Can you fill this cup with your urine and we will test it right after. You can tell my assistant and she will take the cup and I will call you back in in ten minutes okay?" You nodded nervously going to do what she told you to do. After you left your urine and waited back with your friends in the waiting room, she called you back in after fifteen minutes. With jelly legs you sat yourself back down after the nurse told you to take a seat she started to give you a serious look which started to worry you. You didn't much like it when nurses gave you the serious kind of look. This couldn't be good right? "Miss Daniels?" the nurse started her conversations as she had your medical records in front of her. "I see that you have been diagnosed with PCOS and stopped fertility treatment this year is that correct?" You nodded not sure where she was taking this conversation. You could feel there was a but coming and you weren't sure if you wanted to hear it. "I see you're engaged" she continued looking at the ring around your finger. "Is he here as well? You might want to call him in" she suggested. You shook your head. "No he isn't here. Does it matter? Am I sick? Am I going to die? I am sick aren't I? Is that why you need him to be here?" you ranted thinking something was awfully wrong with you. The nurse chuckled a little. "Miss Daniels, slow it down, you're perfectly healthy. I suggest you go and see a gynecologist in the women's clinic in Seoul when you get back from your trip. You’re pregnant. Congratulations" the nurse confirmed smiling at you. You just sat there with a poker face not believing what she just said somewhat stunned.


"What?" you blinked your eyes looking at the nurse a little puzzled. "You're pregnant. Results are positive. Very positive". "But how? Are you sure?" you asked in disbelief. The doctor smiled at you. "We are sure Miss Daniels. We could do an ultrasound here to see how far you are but that is up to you. You could also make an appointment to do that in Seoul or I could call them for you to make an appointment if you want" the nurse offered. You shook your head still in disbelief. "I can't believe this". "You better believe it. We know your medical history and we know you are a PCOS patient so we made extra sure the positive was correct and therefore we insist you to see a gynecologist as soon as you're back in Seoul to have you checked up entirely also to make sure both you and the baby are okay" the nurse explained. You looked down at your hands while your eyes formed with happy tears and looked back at the doctor. "Thank you. I think this is the best news I've heard in a long time". The nurse walked around her desk to give you a hug "You're a young woman, you still have your chances, don't give up on it. Congratulations". "Thank you" you smiled at the nurse having the urge to call Jonghyun to tell him the good news but you preferred to tell him face to face instead. You wanted to hold him more than anything else in the world right now. The nurse contacted the gynecology department in the women's clinic in Seoul to make an appointment for you two days after you arrived in Seoul and handed you the appointment card and shook your hand before she let you out "Good luck". "Thanks doctor" you smiled walking back in the waiting room where your friends were anxiously waiting to hear what happened.


"And? Is everything alright? What did she say?" Shoshanna asked curious for the result. You smiled from one ear to the other nearly crying "I'm pregnant". "AH! Lauren, really?" Chloe asked in disbelief. You nodded hardly believing it yourself. "Oh my gosh! That is good news. Ahw, Lauren is having a baby! Congratulations!!" Riley cheered giving you a big hug. "Thanks for taking me here" you smiled at your friends thankful you got to share it with them but right now this second, you really missed your fiance more than anything in the world. "We're your family too, of course we would do it again" Shoshanna assured you as she mobbed everyone together for a group hug before heading out of the clinic. "Now let's find your dress because you have somewhere to go afterwards" Chloe assured you earning confused looks from Riley, Shoshanna and you. Chloe shrugged "I mean that she wants to tell her other half they're having a baby and since I was hoping for positive results I spoke to Key to surprise him at their show in Japan and then you can go home together with your fiance. Sounds good right?". "Chloe, you really didn't have to do this. But you didn't tell him anything right?" you mumbled not wanting everyone in SHINee to know before your fiance did or had to hear it from someone else but you. "Of course not. I'll let you do that. On the other hand I am lucky my daddy is a pilot and he happens to fly from LA to Tokyo tomorrow morning so he got us a place on the flight" Chloe smiled hugging you. "Ah thank your dad for me will ya" you smiled feeling blessed surrounded by such amazing friends who do everything for you. "You're welcome and I will" Chloe smiled as you all stepped into the car. "LA here we come" Shoshanna cheered as she started the vehicle turning up the radio.


Blasting amazing music on your way from San Diego to LA singing along with the most random songs passing the radio station having fun like old times. After driving for a little two hours you arrive in Los Angeles as Shoshanna parked her car not too far away from the city center. First things first, you were all kind of starving and made a stop at cafe to have some breakfast enjoying the early morning sun in the beautiful city. After you had your stomachs full you went on a shopping spree to shop for the perfect wedding dress and of course the dresses for the bridesmaids since they were all present. You stopped at several boutiques fitting countless of dresses. They were all beautiful but it just wasn't it. Just when you thought you ran out of options Shoshanna remembered the boutique her cousin got her wedding dress and dragged you inside. All of the dresses seemed to look like all the dresses you tried on before, but then Riley took a dress off the rack where the skirt of the dress was slightly pinkish shaded. It wasn't too obvious pink, but very light skin kind of pink. "How about this one? I think this will look so good on you". You gave Riley a strange glare "I am not sure about it". "It's a beautiful dress, why not try it on? See how it looks? It might be the dress?" Chloe insisted. You took the dress from Riley "Okay I will try it on for you guys, but I am not sure this is it". "Hush just go in there" Shoshanna said as she carefully pushed you into the dressing room and patiently waited for you to come back out sitting down on the white big sofa in front of the circle stage in front of the big mirror. You walked out of the dressing room and stepped up on the circle in front of the two big mirrors letting your skirt down on the floor. "Wow! That dress...wow" Shoshanna smiled as her jaw nearly dropped. She wasn't sure about the light shade of pink of the skirt at first either, but it wasn't so pink after all and it looked good on you. You looked at yourself in the mirror no longer knowing what to say and started to feel nervous. Was that a sign? Did you finally have the right dress? The lady owning the boutique came to look at the dress as well "It looks perfect on you doesn't it? I think I have something to finish the look" and she took a hair piece with a long white veil attached to it and started to adjust it to your hair. "Unless you don't want the veil, but I think looks quite right" the lady complimented you taking a few steps back to check out the whole picture. You couldn't believe it and nearly started to cry. Did you actually found the dress? You finally knew what they meant knowing when you found 'the' dress.


“Lauren you look gorgeous" Riley complimented you "I knew this would be your kind of dress". "Riles is right, this dress is written all over it" Chloe agreed with Riley's words. "How do you feel about it?" Shoshanna asked since you didn't quite answer just yet not knowing if that was a good sign or bad. You turned to your friends "I think this is it. I am so nervous as if I am getting married any second. I didn't have that feeling with any of the dresses I tried on today. This is the kind of dress is a little similar to the one I once drew when I was younger" you smiled thinking it was faith to find this dress. "You serious?" Shoshanna asked in disbelief. You nodded "Yea! There is a notebook in my purse, look at it". Chloe grabbed your little sketch notebook and flipped through the drawings you did and indeed, you did draw something similar ten years ago. "This got to mean something" Chloe simply answered. "I think you found your dream dress". You smiled "Yea I did. Now we finally did. We need to get you girls’ dresses". "Finally" Riley cheered happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter