18. || EIGHTEEN

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quite early when suddenly your alarm went off. You moaned lifting your head from the pillow pressing your alarm on snooze and closed your eyes for a second round, but then you realized that today you were leaving for Seoul, for good! You opened your eyes turning yourself on your back rubbing your face in the hope it would wake you up a little but it didn't. As sleepy as you still were you stepped out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to splash some water in your face. There you go. Your eyes were open, well kind of. You looked into the mirror and started to smile out of nowhere taking the pink heart on your necklace between your index finger and thumb. "Finally we’ll be together" and stumbled back into your bedroom to get your clothes for the day. After you were successfully showered and all dressed, you took the last picture frame of you and Jonghyun together to put in your suitcase. Unfortunately Jonghyun was already back in Seoul again and rather took you with him the day he left, but your visa wasn't final yet so you couldn't leave when he left and had to stay in New York for another two and a half months. No matter how crazy these months apart was driving you, you knew you were going to stay in Seoul to be with the guy you loved and was going to be worth the wait. While you made your way down to the kitchen your dad was taking your suitcases down and threw them in the trunk of the car. After you finished your coffees, it was time to leave. "Sweetie you got everything?" your mom asked to make sure you wouldn't forget anything in your room you would need eventually. You nodded. "I got everything" and smiled at your mom before grabbing your coat and followed your parents out of the house. Before you stepped in the car you took one last look at the house. The house you were born in. The house you were raised in. The house with so many memories. Somehow you were going to miss it, but this will always your home.


As soon as you arrived at the airport and your dad threw your suitcases on the cart, you made your way to the check in to drop your suitcases. It was early and the line was massive. The waiting was endless but once it was your turn, you were relieved to get rid of your suitcases, at least for now. When you dropped off your luggage, you were charged because of overweight luggage and you were already kind of expecting it. Just when you wanted to put down some cash your dad put down the money himself and gave you your money back. Slowly you headed to the border security, but was surprised by Shoshanna, Riley and Chloe who were there waiting for you. You smiled as soon as you saw your friends. "What are you guys doing here?" "Do you seriously think we would let you go without saying goodbye one last time? There is no way". Riley shrugged. "Come here" and gave you a big hug. "Will miss you cuz". "I will miss you too. Please promise you will come visit me this year?" you begged your cousin with sad puppy eyes. "I will, I promise. I think we all should visit" Riley assured you. "Sis, come here" Shoshanna hugged you. "I'm gonna miss you blondie". "I will miss you too" you smiled nearly crying at your best friend for years. "Thank you for being the sister I never had. Say hi to Mike for me". "I will. Thank you for being my maid of honor at my wedding" Shoshanna smiled handing you a wedding book with photographs of her wedding last week. "You're the first person to see all the amazing wedding photos taken. You made it special for both of us, thank you". There, you couldn't swallow your tears anymore. “Shosh. What friend would I have been if I didn't make your wedding exactly the way we used to talk about when we were just kids?” you mumbled "Thank you" and gave your best friend the biggest hug she ever had. "We'll keep in touch and if you're getting married, don't forget us" Shoshanna joked. You shrugged. "Of course I won't. How could I. You girls are my family". "Come here shorty" Chloe joked hugging you. She always somehow liked to randomly call you that. It was true, you were the shortest among your friends, but it never bothered you. "I'm going to miss you, but I know you're in good hands. He promised me to look after you so if he doesn't, I will have to come out and kick his " Chloe joked. "I'm going to miss you too. Please keep me updated on your auditions for American Idol? I will cheer you on from Seoul and watch it on TV" you assured your best friend Chloe. "I know you will and we'll keep in touch. You'll see us soon I promise" and Chloe gave you another big hug.


"Enjoy your reunion with your boyfriend, say hi to them from me" "I will. Thank you for everything and for always having my back and be there for me when I needed a friend" you sniffed trying to fight the tears from rolling down your cheek. "That's what best friends do. Oh and we got you something" and handed you a gift bag with a frame of the last group picture at the goodbye party you had last night. "Thank you guys. I will miss you all so much" you sobbed loving the gift from your friends. "Group hug" Riley cheered mobbing everyone together for one last group hug. "All that matters is that you're happy and you are happy, he makes you happy" Riley reminded you. "Just don't forget us" Shoshanna joked causing you all four to laugh. "Of course I won't, you crazies. Take care of yourselves yea?" Your friends nodded in union and held onto one another while you were greeting your parents one last time hugging them at the same time starting to cry like a little child. "I will miss you" you sobbed causing your friends to cry as well as both your parents. "Sweetie, we will miss you too" your mom whispered removing the tears from your cheeks looking at you closely one more time. "He's a good man, you'll be okay". "I know, but I will still miss my mommy and daddy" you murmured. "You'll always be our little girl" your dad assured you kissing your forehead. "Enjoy your time together. Your mom and I will always be there if you need us". "You can call us day and night, don't forget" your mom added smiling at you. "I won't. Thank you for everything. I love you". "We love you too sweetheart" your dad whispered hugging you tightly before letting you go. "Love you sweetie" your mom hugged you one last time. "Let us know you arrived safely". "'I will. Love you" you mumbled waving at your parents and best friends as you disappeared at the border security.


The entire flight you were practically sleeping and when you were not, you tried reading a book, but somehow you had mixed feelings about leaving New York making you feel a little homesick. After a long flight of thirteen hours you finally landed safely in Incheon. You stumbled out of the airplane claiming your luggage struggling to throw them on the cart, but a random Asian man was kind enough to help you with it. Before you made your way to the exit you checked your makeup and hair a little bit even though you didn't have much on to begin with, but you did not want to look like sad panda in front of your boyfriend. As soon as you were convinced you looked okay, you made your way out of the exit and quickly detected a widely smiling Jonghyun awaiting you. You cried and smiled at the same time. You we were so happy to touch your boyfriend again after being apart for nearly three months. He fastened your way while you literally ran into his arms forgetting your cart. Jonghyun took you in his arms and held you as tight as he could kissing you. "I missed you beautiful". "I missed you too" you smiled between your cries. Jonghyun couldn't resist to kiss you again lifting you from the ground a little before he put you back down and removed the tears from your cheeks smiling at you. "I am so happy to have you here. Welcome home baby" and leaned in once more to kiss you before he took your cart starting to push it to the exit walking to his car. Once he threw the suitcases in the trunk and put away the cart he stepped in the vehicle where you just buckled yourself in. "I love you baby" Jonghyun whispered leaning into kiss you. "I love you too" you whispered back caressing his cheek. "Let's get you home" and Jonghyun started driving to Seoul which was taking at least one hour and a half considering the traffic on the way. You didn't quite know where Jonghyun was taking you but stopped in front of a white big modern house a little outside of Seoul. You gave Jonghyun a confused look.


"Are we visiting someone?" Jonghyun shook his head. "I want to show you something" and stepped out of his vehicle. You did as told and stepped out as well. "What is it that you want to show me?" you asked out of curiosity. Jonghyun didn't answer your question and took your hand in his and unlocked the gate in front of the house. You didn't say anything and just followed Jonghyun into the still big empty modern house and pulled you closer. "I bought this house" Jonghyun finally confessed. "Jong...wh..." and you looked around a little overwhelmed. "Are you crazy? Isn't this a little expensive?" Jonghyun shook his head. "Believe it or not, it wasn't so bad. I saw these newly build houses after the manager suggested these to me and when I saw the house inside out I thought it was perfect for us to live in together. And it's big enough to raise a family". You shook your head in amazement. "Babe.... this house looks so expensive, can we afford it?" Jonghyun took your hands in his. "Baby don't worry about the money okay? Do you like it is what I want to know". "I love it, but..." you mumbled. Jonghyun shook his head. "Don't but" and gave you one of his y smiles. "I don't want you to worry about if we can afford it or not. I got this" your boyfriend assured you placing his hands on your hips pulling you closer. "So you think you can live here? Can you imagine yourself in this house chasing little versions of us in this house?" You chuckled at his words "I don't know what to say, but I love it and I think it's perfect for our family" "Come I'll show you around our new home" and Jonghyun took your hand in his taking you around from room to room. The house was perfect and spacious even if it looked small and compact on the outside. It was big enough for you to live in as a famil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter