38. || THIRTY-EIGHT

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a well needed shower of fifteen minutes, you stopped in front of your closet going through it trying to find a dress to wear. There must have been at least one you haven't worn yet or haven’t in a long time. Your mom has made so many dresses in all these years, you couldn't possibly have worn them all. You took out a red/ dress covered with swirling lace making it both elegant and y. You wondered if you would still fit in a dress like this after you had your girls. Nonetheless, you wanted to try it either way. You dried your hair with the blow dryer a little bit and curled it a little here and there applying a bit of makeup on afterwards. Not too much since you liked to keep it a little bit neutral. Anxiously you took the dress from the bed putting it on and to your surprise, it still fit you perfectly as if you never gained weight from your pregnancy in the first place. You took one last look in the mirror and applied a little bit of red gloss on your lips, grabbed your purse and walked into the living room short after. Your mom noticed you first while she was putting down the plates on the table and couldn't hide the big grin on her face as soon as she saw your dress. "Lauren, you look beautiful and that dress suits you perfectly. I don't think I have ever seen you wearing that dress" your mom complimented you. "Thanks mom" you chuckled "I guess I was waiting for the right special occasion". Your mom shrugged "I think you found it" and continued putting the food on the table for herself and your dad. Jonghyun's face started to glow as soon as he saw you and walked your way still holding MaeLynn. "Look at mommy, doesn't your mommy look gorgeous? She does, doesn’t she?" Jonghyun sing-songed and looked back at you. "Baby you look amazing. Are you sure I get to take you out?" No matter how long you have been together with Jonghyun, he never failed at making you blush. You smiled at your husband. "Of course you can" and pecked his lips. "Ready for your date?" your mom sing-songed walking into the living room. Jonghyun gave MaeLynn one last kiss before he handed her over to your mother and went out to look for SaeRa to give her one big kiss too. "We'll look after them don't worry. Enjoy your date together okay?" your mom assured you. "I know they're in good hands. And thank you for letting us go out" Jonghyun said thanking your parents.

After saying bye to your two little girls, you threw on your coat and both walked out of the house taking the car and drove to downtown New York where Jonghyun made a reservation at one of the restaurants he used to take you when he was visiting you. Jonghyun parked the car close by and the both of you stepped out. You closed the door behind you and walked over to the driver’s side to meet with your husband as he was locking the car. Jonghyun smiled as soon as he saw you and couldn't resist to kiss you. You chuckled and removed the bit of red gloss from his lips "You don't want to walk around with red gloss on your lips". "Why not?" Jonghyun joked. "I don't have to hide it I just kissed my beautiful wife" and kissed you again. You giggled "I am not saying you have to hide it. I don't want you to" and kissed your husband this time. Jonghyun gave you one of his y smiles and folded his hands with yours as he took your hand walking over the sidewalk to the restaurant he made a reservation. New York City looked gorgeous at night with all the buildings lighting up and the neon lights coloring the skies. It had something magical to it no matter how long you’ve lived in this beautiful city. You smiled from one ear to the other as soon as you saw the restaurant he was taking you. "Babe, you still remember this place?" you said looking at your husband in disbelief. "Of course I still remember. I remember all the places we went together" Jonghyun confessed kissing the back of your hand and took you inside. You were both welcomed by a host at the entrance as Jonghyun mentioned he made a reservation on his name and the lady called in an to lead you two to your table. You were kind of used to it that women looked at your husband, but not in New York.

While you two were taken to your table, the host, the girl couldn't stop staring at Jonghyun. "Forget it Stella, he looks happily married" the blond guy chuckled to pick up the next couple. The girl just laughed at her colleague's statement. "That's not possible. He looks way too young to be married, and to her? Nah! He's probably around my age too". "Stella, forget it. You don't stand a chance. They are both wearing wedding rings, not forget to mention she has an engagement ring on her finger too. Look for someone else. Besides, you're here to work, not to check out men" the blond guy reminded his colleague taking the next couple to their table. You and Jonghyun both sat down and ordered something to drink and to eat from the menu. While you were waiting you enjoyed a glass of red wine together, something you didn't have in a long time, also because you weren't allowed to when you were pregnant. Jonghyun took a sip from his wine and noticed your facial expression as if you were thinking about something. "Baby is everything alright?" he asked shifting in the chair in front of you. You smiled and let out a sigh. "We haven't been out together for so long because we are parents now, but I can't help it thinking of the girls" you whispered worrying about your twins. Jonghyun reached out for your hands and took them in his. "Baby, they will be ok. I know it is strange to be without them right now, but nothing will happen to them. They're safe. Your parents are with them". "I know they are, but I just kind of feel I am abandoning my own kids somehow. It just feels strange leaving them" you sighed. "I am sorry, I am just overreacting, my hormones are still somewhat messed up". "It's alright! That's what mom's do, they worry about their babies and that's alright. Look baby, if you want to go home to the girls, it will be ok too, I would understand" Jonghyun assured with a comforting smile on his face. You shook your head. "Baby I know and it's ok, but I don't want to ruin our date. I guess it just feels strange being away from your own flesh and blood" you confessed squeezing Jonghyun's hand. "Promise me one thing?" Jonghyun whispered with his eyes locked on yours. "If you're not comfortable anymore and you want to go home, you'll tell me and we'll go home, ok?" You smiled "Okay" "Good" Jonghyun smiled leaning in to give you a kiss.

As dinner got served you both enjoyed the delicious food and enjoyed your time being together. While you two enjoyed another glass of red wine talking about your first anniversary coming up, your cell phone started vibrating in your purse. At first you didn't want to pick it up thinking it was either Riley, Shoshanna or Chloe, but something was off as your phone continued to vibrate. You took it out of your hand bag and noticed it was your mother. Your mother never calls unless it's urgent. With the thought of that your stomach dropped and your face turned blank. With a worried tone you picked up your phone "Mom?" Your mom cried on the other side of the line "Lauren?! You have to come to the hospital. Now!" Your face turned pale and you quickly rose from the chair ready to leave. "Mom! Calm down, what's wrong?" you asked while tears formed in your eyes and just looking at you, Jonghyun knew something was wrong. "It's SaeRa" your mom cried. Tears escaped from your eyes rolling down your cheek. "What's wrong with SaeRa?" you panicked nearly yelling at your mother. "Just come to the hospital as soon as you can okay. They're taking her right now" your mom cried while MaeLynn cried in the background. "Mom? Mom?!" you panicked but your mom hung up and you turned to Jonghyun while tears came down like a waterfall. "It's SaeRa, something's wrong with SaeRa" you pleaded. "We have to go, now" Jonghyun didn't hesitate and threw some money on the table and took his and your jacket. "Let's go" and you both rushed out of the restaurant and fastened your way to the car. "Something's wrong with our baby!" you sobbed freaking out. Jonghyun didn't really know what to do nor what to say to comfort you and drove as fast as he could to the hospital.

Once you both arrived, you rushed into the emergency room finding your parents and MaeLynn. "Where is SaeRa? Where's SaeRa?! I need to see her. Where is she?" you sobbed while yelling at everyone completely out of control shaking from head to toe. Your dad was comforting MaeLynn who had been crying too by the look of her red cheeks. "Where's my baby?!" you screamed while the paramedics took SaeRa into a room, on a stretcher, with an oxygen cap over . "Why isn't she breathing?" you continued to panic wanting to go into the room with your daughter, but they didn't allow you. "I am sorry ma'am, we're doing everything we can to save your baby". "Nooooo!!" you panicked between your sobs "No please don't let her die....please...I'm begging you" you sobbed breaking down. Jonghyun couldn't fight his tears anymore either and pulled you into his arms holding you as tight as he possibly could. "Everything's going to be alright" he whispered trying to sooth you, but that didn't make him less worried than you were. In fact he was terrified. He wasn’t sure about anything himself. "My baby!!!" you sobbed crying your eyes out on Jonghyun's chest. "Shht" Jonghyun whispered as he your head resting his head on yours doing countless of prayers in his mind to not let this happen to you again. You couldn't stop crying and the image of your little girl not breathing haunted you. While you were crying your eyes out onto your husband's chest, your arms around his waist tightly, one of the nurses came back out. "Mr. & Mrs. Kim?" the man in the white uniform carefully said as he walked your way pulling the white mask down from his nose. "How is she? Is she alright?" Jonghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter