8. || EIGHT

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an early Sunday afternoon when you just walked out of the shower in your sweat pants and hoodie drying your hair when you saw Chloe sitting at the bar reading some articles on the web. "What are you doing?" you asked out of curiosity as you prepared some tea. "Nothing, I am just browsing the web reading" Chloe lied trying to click away the article and comments she was reading. Unfortunately you were faster than your best friend and recognized the picture since Jonghyun was in it. "Chloe, what are you really...." you started and noticed the title of the article 'SHINee's Jonghyun is having a girlfriend?' "Lauren, you really shouldn't be...." Chloe attempted to stop you from reading the comments because some were harsh and not so subtle, but too late. "Oh my god" you mumbled not believing what you were reading. Are these people really saying 'nasty' things about you? You blinked your eyes and put down your cup of tea. "This is not exactly nice, it's awful! They hate me!" you murmured sitting down in the chair next to your best friend. "I'm sorry Lauren, you shouldn't be reading this". "Read this...'Who's the blond bimbo dating our dino' Why do they even call him dino?” 'I hope this rumor isn't true, I'd be a real disappointed shawol' 'I hope Jonghyun makes up his mind dating the wrong girl' 'She's just an intern, they're probably just friends' 'What is he thinking dating an intern? It better not be true'. Reading all these comments was making you feel sick. Is that what everyone thinks about you without even really knowing you? "The worst part about this, they don't even know me" you whispered staring in front of you. "Lauren, you just said it, they don't know you. Don't let these comments get to you, they're just jealous little meanies" Chloe said trying to comfort you and make you feel better. "I am sorry about this". "I just never thought it would go viral this fast and I am not sure if I want this kind of life" you murmured swallowing your tears walking away straight into your bedroom.


Chloe closed the top of her laptop down and went after you. "Lauren?!" and tried to open the door but you locked it. "Lauren?! Open the door" and knocked on it for a few seconds. "Go away" you sobbed while curled up on the bed holding onto your pillow. "Lauren?! Please do talk to me about it" Chloe attempted once more. "I don't want to talk. Leave me alone Chloe" you sobbed shouting back and continued to stare in front of you fighting yourself from crying any harder. Chloe shook her head and let out a sigh finding you left your phone on the kitchen table. Usually she never gets involved in other people's business, but she had no choice but to call Jonghyun. Finally after ringing him three times he finally picked up. "Jonghyun, this is Chloe...it's about Lauren" she started as soon as he picked up. "Chloe? Is she alright?" Jonghyun asked suddenly worried about you. "Can you please come over? Lauren refuses to talk to me and doesn’t want to get out of her room. She's upset and I don't know what to do about it" Chloe begged Jonghyun hoping he wouldn't leave you hanging. "Please don't tell me she read all these comments on these websites or the articles for that matter?" Jonghyun carefully asked although he knew it was probably too late for that warning. "Jonghyun I am sorry, but I think she already kind of did" Chloe confirmed. Jonghyun let out a big sigh. "I was afraid that was going to happen. I'll be there as soon as I can after I deal with my manager". "Your manager?" Chloe asked surprised. "Yea don't mention it. I'll be there right after ok?" Jonghyun begged your best friend. "Sure, ok. Just don't take too long alright?" "I won't. I'll be there as soon as I can" Jonghyun assured Chloe and hung up. Short after the phone call your best friend was staring at your door hoping you would come out of it. "Lauren, why are you so stubborn?" she murmured putting your phone down and made another attempt to make you open the door or at least talk. She knocked on your door a few times. "Lauren, please open the door and talk to me? I know you're upset but hiding and locking yourself in your room is not going to solve anything". You knew your best friend was right, but then again, you never had a boyfriend in your life and never did you think it was all going to be so exposed and out there. You stumbled out of your bed with your red puffy eyes to unlock your door and crawled back onto the bed. "Lauren come on. You really shouldn't care about these comments". "That is easy for you to say. They rather see me dead than being next to their idol" you mumbled.


"That is because these girls wish they were you. Remember we used to get obsessed over Nick Carter? I am sure we wouldn't have been so nice to his girlfriend’s either" Chloe started and sat herself on the bed with you. "Look I know Jonghyun is your first boyfriend and I know this whole dating thing is new to you, but try to let it go. Sooner or later everyone's going to find out either way that you two are dating and that you are his girlfriend" Chloe comforted you. "I know" you sighed. "I just never expected everything to be so exposed. Never having a boyfriend is one thing but dating one with so much media attention is a total different story". "I do get that and I am not saying it's an easy thing to do, but some fans say nasty things and actually not all comments are bad. Some actually stick up for you. Humans are judgmental before they really know someone, that's their problem, but we both know who you really are. Prove them wrong. You do love Jonghyun don't you?" You blinked your eyes "Ah...yea of course I do". "Then what to fear? These fans are going to be sorry for what they said about you as soon as they know this not just a random fling. Besides, all that matters is what Jonghyun thinks of you and the last time I checked this guy is head over heels in love with you". You smiled at your best friends words. "You're right. I guess I was just overreacting. I am just clueless on how to deal with all of this stuff. I just never realized being Jonghyun's girlfriend was going to be like this. I guess I have to get used to this huh?" Chloe nodded. "If you want to be next to Jonghyun as his girlfriend then yes. I am going to get you some tea" and Chloe walked out of your bedroom preparing tea for you. In the meantime you just decided to brush your hair and splashed some water on your face. It made you feel refreshed but it didn't entirely took away how miserable you felt. Just when you were about to take your hoodie off to change into a shirt, Jonghyun knocked on your door, which was open. You turned around looking surprised finding your boyfriend in front of you. "Hi?" Jonghyun smiled "Hi!" and closed the door a little hoping he could talk to you in person. "Lauren can we talk?"


You looked around feeling uncomfortable knowing your best friend probably called him to come over. "Okay. What do you want to talk about?" and sat down on your bed next to Jonghyun. "Lauren I am sorry about putting you through this. I didn't know the news of us dating was going viral so fast" Jonghyun started trying to explain himself. "It's not your fault" you assured your boyfriend while playing with your hands. "Lauren are you okay? Because Chloe said you were feeling miserable" Jonghyun worried looking at you. "I am doing alright. It's just that, this whole boyfriend thing is new to me and I just didn't prepare for this to happen. The media, the comments" you confessed. "You're my first boyfriend and I just never thought it would be like this". "Lauren, are you sure you want to do this? I understand if you can't" Jonghyun carefully asked. "Jonghyun, I like you and I want to be with you. I guess if that's what it takes to be your girlfriend, I'll have to get used to it" you continued meeting your eyes with his. Jonghyun gave you one of his killing y smiles "You're amazing you know that?" he whispered leaning in to kiss you.


The day you were back working at SM Entertainment again, both you and Jonghyun ended up getting several warnings about dating each other. Not only did Jonghyun have to take a few punches, but you too. Not literally of course, but it made everything a lot more difficult between you two. One, you didn't want to get caught and cause more drama than there already was and two, you two couldn't stand spending a second apart. No matter how hard you two tried to keep things low, you would fail even trying. Sneaking around wasn't exactly something you were good at, let alone sneaking around to be with your own boyfriend. If you were lucky you got to be with him twice a week. Tonight, just like any other you were sneaking around to be with Jonghyun. He picked you up in the middle of nowhere with his car and took you to a small motel outside of Seoul to have dinner with you in a private room to have at least some sort of privacy. While you both were sitting on the floor finishing some noodles watching TV, you started playing with your food, hating the situation you were in. Why did it have to be so difficult to be in a relationship? "Jonghyun?" you started looking at your boyfriend sitting next to you. "What's up?" Jonghyun answered until he noticed your facial expression. "You're not okay are you?" and put down his box of noodles. "I don't think I can keep doing this. We've been sneaking around for almost three weeks. It's driving me insane that we can't even meet at our own place. We can't go out for dinner like normal couples do. We constantly have to watch our backs to make sure no one is following us, it's wearing me out" and you put down your box of noodles too. "Christmas is ahead too and I am not looking forward spending Christmas with you like this or not at all?" and looked away tucking your hands in the pockets of your hoodie.


Jonghyun wrapped his arm around you kissing your head. "Neither do I" and removed a hair from your face looking at you. "They are taking it too far and I don't want you to lose your internship because you're seeing me. It shouldn't be like this". "What are we going to do about this?" you sighed digging your face between Jonghyun's neck and shoulder wrapping your arms around him closing your eyes. "We both have a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter