34. || THIRTY-FOUR

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While you were in the kitchen putting away the dishes from the dishwasher into the cabinets until the phone started to ring pretty loudly. It wasn't your mobile phone, it was the landline. "Hii" you whispered as you picked up the phone from the bar in the kitchen heading back to what you were doing in the first place. "Lauren?" your mom sniffed from the other side of the phone line. "Mom? Did you catch a cold or something?" you asked not knowing what was going on the other side of the line. "How are the twins, how do you feel?" your mom asked ignoring your question in the first place. "Mom" you sighed. "Is everything ok there? You don't sound ok to me" and took a pack of juice out of the fridge and placed it on the bar in the kitchen ready to pour yourself something to drink. "Lauren, I think you might want to sit down" your mom sniffed calmly when you suddenly hear the sadness in your mom's voice and not liking what she just asked you to do. "Mom? What's going on? Is dad ok? Is something wrong with you?" and you grabbed a glass out of the cabinet. "It's your grandma" and your mom paused for a second before she continued. "She passed away about fifteen minutes ago" and you heard your mom crying again. The glass didn't make it to the bar, instead you dropped the glass to pieces on the kitchen floor making Jonghyun sit up straight in the living room. "Lauren? Are you alright?" Jonghyun shouted from the living room. You ignored your husband and blinked your eyes. "She's gone?" you repeated as you felt tears roll down your cheeks. You knew that your grandmother was sick but you were hoping to see her with your two girls. It was her wish to see them before she would pass away. "I am sorry sweetie" your mom cried from the other side trying to comfort you through the phone. For a few minutes you both just don't say a word and hang up shortly afterwards.

You sat down at the kitchen table placing the phone in front of you while you gazed in front of you not believing the news you just got. Your grandmother was everything to you. "Can you take her for a second?" Jonghyun whispered looking at Onew. Onew at first didn't like the thought of holding a baby, rather afraid of breaking her, but Riley made a facial gesture that it was just for a few minutes. Jonghyun carefully handed SaeRa over to Onew and while Onew took her he held her in his arm while she slightly started to wake up from her sleep and started to whine a little bit. "Thanks" Jonghyun whispered to Onew and got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen as soon as he heard you stopped talking on the phone. He found you sitting at the kitchen table and kneeled in front of you removing some hair from you face, holding your hands noticing your watery eyes. "Baby what's wrong?" "My grandma, she passed away" and you started to break down and cry. Jonghyun took you in his arms. "Baby I am sorry" and you held onto Jonghyun's shirt tightly while he hugged you. He knew how important she was to you and how close you were to her. "It's ok to be sad, let it all out" Jonghyun whispered to you as he held you tightly trying to comfort you. SaeRa opened her eyes in the meantime and just gazed at Onew wondering why he looked so scared in the first place, but in a matter of seconds Onew warmed up the longer he looked at the little girl lying in his arm staring at him and started to smile. "Aren't you the cutest? Yes you are" he sing-songed carefully and rocked her a little bit. Riley shrugged looking at Onew. "How do you like it, holding a baby?" she . "It's still scary to me, but how can you not smile at a cute little girl like her? She's so adorable" Onew confessed not removing the smile from his face.


After crying for about fifteen more minutes you ran out of tears and started to calm down. "I really hoped she could see our girls" you sobbed slowly pulling back from Jonghyun's arms. "I know baby" Jonghyun whispered removing the hair from your face and removing the last bit of tears from your cheeks. "I know she's 89 already and it's better for her, but I will still miss her" you whispered looking at your husband swallowing the rest of your tears to avoid them from running down once more. "Of course you will miss her" and Jonghyun squeezed your hands. "But I also know that she wouldn't want you to be too upset about it and enjoy your two little girls. And no matter what, she will be with you". You slightly started to smile knowing he was right. The last thing your grandmother would have wanted is you to be sad about her being gone now the two little girls came into your life to bless you. Jonghyun stood up and pulled you up from the chair. "Come here" and took you in his arms again rubbing your back and kissed your forehead. “Everything’s going to be okay”.

Jonghyun cleaned up the pieces of glass in the kitchen while you took a few sips of water and walked back into the living room to join your company. Riley immediately turned her head to you while MaeLynn also woke up "What happened?" You let out a sigh and sat next to your cousin. "That was mom saying that grandma passed away today". "I am sorry sweetie. My condolences, but it's better for her, she's in a better place right now". You smiled uncomfortably at Riley "I know, but I really hoped she could have seen the twins". "I know" and Riley grabbed your hand. "But she will be with you and the girls, I know it". You smiled knowing she is right. "I know she will be"  and your eyes moved to Onew who was still holding SaeRa who was now sleeping peacefully in Onew's arms and made an 'awe'  face. "Look at that?" You never expected to see Onew like this. Jonghyun also walked back into the living room and started to smile like an idiot.  "It looks good on you hyung! Changing your mind already?" he teased the leader. Onew lifted his head. "Oh no, but how can you not like this little girl. I don't know what you did, but she really looks like Lauren. Are you sure they are yours?" "Yah" Jonghyun pouted sitting down in the couch. "Of course they are mine". Riley giggled "They both look like the both of you. They have mommy's nose and daddy's eyes". Except MaeLynn has more daddy's face and SaeRa more mommy's’" "Thank you" Jonghyun smiled at Riley accepting the compliment. "I think we should go" Riley started as she looked at you. "You need your rest and sleep. Besides, you two need to enjoy the birth of the twins together as well". Onew agreed "I think so too. We will stop by some time again this week" and he carefully passed SaeRa back to Jonghyun. "Enjoy your girls" Riley smiled to the both of you before walking out together with Onew. "Thanks for coming" you shouted carefully before they left and closed the door behind them.


You kissed the top of MaeLynn's head and headed for the stairs. "Let's get some sleep princess" and slowly walked up the stairs holding MaeLynn close to your chest followed by Jonghyun after he switched off all the lights. You walked into the nursery room and switched the light on and carefully placed the newborn on the dresser to change her diaper and change her outfit. You just froze and stared at your little girl laying on the dresser still not believing you were a mommy even if you had been for three weeks now. Not for one second she took her eyes off you and you couldn't help but smile. "You have no idea how happy mommy is to have you in her life" and you picked her up from the dresser and gave her a kiss and walked to her bed and gently put her down tucking her in. "Mommy loves you" and you hovered over the crib to plant a kiss on her forehead before turning the music box on above her crib. "Good night princess". After a few seconds you turned around and found your husband just walking into the bedroom holding the sleeping SaeRa to his chest and carefully laid her down on the dresser to change her diaper and put her pj's on. SaeRa started to protest a little while daddy was changing her, but as soon as Jonghyun was finished, she stopped. You just smiled at the sight of seeing your husband with your daughter "She really is comfortable with you" and you smiled at Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled back at you and walked towards SaeRa's crib. "I still can't believe after nine months they are finally here, with us. I still think it's a miracle and I am the luckiest man alive being blessed with two beautiful healthy baby girls" and gently placed SaeRa in her crib and tucked her in giving her a kiss "Good night princess" and remained at her bedside for a little while. You wrapped your arms from behind and back hugged Jonghyun resting your head on his back closing your eyes for a second. Jonghyun smiled and took your hands between his and turned around planting his lips on your forehead. "Thank you for blessing me with these two beautiful girls and thank you for being in my life" and rested his forehead on yours "I love you mama". Jonghyun was so cheesy sometimes, but that's what you loved about him and he still had the magic to make you all giddy. You smiled at your husband placing your hands in his neck and kissed his soft lips and whispered "I love you too, daddy".
 


Your girls were three weeks old by now and Jonghyun had to go back to the dance studio to practice with the rest of the guys for the 5th anniversary show coming up in three weeks. Not only would this be a time to celebrate their union as a band, but the band would also announce their comeback fans can expect in the next few months. You and Jonghyun both got up early, bath yourself and the girls and dressed them. Jonghyun was sitting on the couch feeding SaeRa and couldn't take his eyes of her while her eyes were beamed on daddy. When SaeRa had enough he placed the bottle on the table in front of him and let her burp gently rubbing her back. After she finished burping Jonghyun just held her in his arm supporting her head with his hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter