36. || THIRTY-SIX

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Chloe left Seoul to go back to the USA to follow her dreams, Key was still left devastated wondering how to go on without her. No matter what, he was trying to get it out of his head. He couldn't accept that she left and he surely didn't believe when she said she will never come back. What happened to the mutual feelings they had for one another? Everything Key tried to make Chloe stay, she didn't change her mind and decided to follow her dreams, no matter if she was hurting Key and herself somehow. Opportunities don't come to you every day, you need to take them when they occur, that was her answer. Key wasn't the same guy he was before the day she left. No matter if he was hurt by her somehow or not, he tried to be forever supportive to anything she wanted to do in life even if it meant letting go in the end. You didn't quite know how to cheer him up anymore, you could tell he was hurt and you were feeling bad about it. Out of everyone in the world, you really hoped he found the one girl to give all his love to, because he has so much to give. You were caught in the middle between two best friends. You saw them grow towards each other and saw one of them hurt the other half. You wish it didn't have to be the way it was. Suddenly you were thinking about the day you had to leave home yourself. What if the same happened to you and Jonghyun three years ago? What if you knew that was it and you were never going to see him again? It made your heart bleed, you didn't want to think about it, but somehow you did when Chloe left and you witnessed how miserable your best friend Key was. If they are meant to be together like you and Jonghyun, they will find a way, right?


You had put your twins to bed after you rocked them both to sleep in the rocking chair in the corner of the nursery room. You took a shower afterwards and sat yourself on the bed after you brushed your hair and moisturized your hands while Jonghyun was letting Skye out. You rubbed your neck with your hand and made yourself comfortable on the bed putting your reading glasses on grabbing the book from the bedside table next to the bed making an attempt to read, everything to get Key's sad face out of your mind from earlier today when you saw him. You released a heavy sigh putting the book back down on your lap staring in front of you when you were startled by a vibrating phone next to you, it was Chloe. "Chloe?!!" you picked up surprised "How is your new life in LA?" Chloe chuckled "It's pretty cool. It's not the same here without you though. You should have been here with me. It would make things a lot better" she joked. "I know I know, you can't. You have a husband and two little girls, but a friend can wish right?" she continued. "How are you guys? How are my two favorite girls?" "We're doing pretty good" you sighed doubting to ask if she was missing Key, but you decide not to. "How are the auditions going?". "Oh my god, I got through to the next round, can you believe it?" Chloe Squealed. "Really? That's great!!" you answered surprised but happy for your best friend she got closer to her goal. "Lauren are you okay? You don't sound okay to me. Aren't you happy for me?" She asked if she knew you were thinking about Key. "Chloe it's not that I am not happy for you, I am, but, I am just...." you sighed drawing on the page of the book laid out in front of you with your index finger "I just feel bad how things ended between you two". "Lauren, do you really have to destroy my mood?" your best friend on the other side of the line hissed at you "I am trying my hardest to forget him and try to move on with my life. Why do you have to bring it up again? I am not going to change my mind". "Chloe I don't want you to change your mind! You two are both my friends and Key's really feeling miserable. He's not himself the day you left. Are you sure it's over between you two? Don't you miss him even one bit?" you continued to ask trying to hear her out. "Lauren, that's enough!" Chloe shouted at you. You could hear she was sniffing, possibly crying? "I don't want to be talking about him okay? I got to go" and she abruptly hung up on you.


That wasn't like your best friend at all. You knew she was hiding her feelings from you. You knew her longer than that. She still has feelings for him even if she doesn't want to admit it. While you were staring at your mobile in your hands looking down, Jonghyun walked into the bedroom and noticed your facial expression. "Lauren?" You didn't hear him and he noticed and made another approach climbing on the bed kissing your cheek "Baby are you okay?" You blinked your eyes and snapped out of your gaze when you noticed your husband's hand touching yours. "Am I a bad friend?" you mumbled turning your face slowly to your husband sitting next to you. Jonghyun frowned not sure what you were referring to "Baby why are you asking me that? Did something happen?" You released a sigh "I am too nosy aren't I? But I can't help it, I really can't. I hate to see them both so miserable" and let your head fall onto Jonghyun's shoulder wrapping your arms tightly around his waist digging your face into his neck inhaling his scent. This time Jonghyun took the hint and knew what you were talking about and kissed your head rubbing your shoulder resting his head on yours. "Baby I know you're miserable about it and I hate to see my best friend hurt like this too, but how much I hate to say it, it's not really our business if they decide to break up and go on separately". You let out a sigh knowing your husband was right and raised your head to look at him "You know it almost happened to us as well. Maybe that's why I am miserable? I don't know" you confessed. Jonghyun noticed you were sad "But baby it didn't happen to us" and took your face between his looking into your eyes "We both wanted the same thing. We wanted to be with each other no matter what. I wanted to commit myself to you. You made the sacrifice leaving your family and friends to live with me because you knew in your heart you wanted to be with me too. There's a difference. Chloe isn't ready for that kind of commitment. Chloe and Key I believe still love each other but they're confused not knowing what they want. Key wants to be with her, she wants to follow her dreams. They have to figure out what they want. Time will tell if they belong together or not, but it's up to them babe. It's not up to us to decide what they will do, no matter how much that to see our friends suffer".


"You're right, I'm sorry, I am just a mess" you confessed blinking your eyes. "You don't have to be sorry. I understand, I really do" Jonghyun assured you taking your hands in his pulling you back into his arms kissing your temple. "I love you so much I don't even want to think about how it would be like if I didn't meet you that day. My life might have been a lot different and I can't and won't imagine it. I am happy I did meet you that day. I fell in love that day and discovered what it was like to desperately want to be with someone. You" he confessed smiling at you. "I wouldn't want to miss a second of the time we've been together. I love you and our girls too much. You know that right?" and looked down at you. You leaned away from the hug a little to face your smiling husband and couldn't resist to kiss those lips carefully planting your lips on his. While Jonghyun carefully pulled you closer to him he removed the book from your lap putting you backwards on your back running his fingers over your legs leaving countless of small kisses on your neck and jaw. The second you took off your husband's shirt, you were interrupted by one of the twins crying and clearly awake. "I'll go" you whispered kissing Jonghyun one more time before he rolled off on his back while you corrected your night gown and walked out of the bedroom to check on the girls in the nursery room next to your bedroom.
 

 

Since SHINee had been practicing quite a lot over the past three weeks they successfully celebrated their fifth anniversary as a band by treating their fans with a special event. Not only was this event special due to a celebration, the boys also announced their comeback and that they would be recording again after a well-deserved break. Before Jonghyun however would focus fully on his career again, traveling to Japan and going in and out of the recording s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter