29. || TWENTY-NINE

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While you and Jonghyun are peacefully asleep, Jonghyun's phone started to go off pretty loud waking up the both of you. You at first just thought it was his alarm, but no, someone was actually calling him instead. Jonghyun reached out to the bedside table next to him rolling himself on his back "Yeah?" he picked up with a sleepy voice not entirely awake since it was only 5:34 AM. "It's your manager here. Listen up. The late flight has been canceled. I booked you on the earlier flight for today" Jonghyun's manager rushed in a hurry to call the other boys as well. "Earlier? What is earlier?" Jonghyun asked carefully still giving himself some time to open his eyes as he rubbed his face. "I'll have you guys picked up at eight!" the manager replied. Suddenly Jonghyun was awake and sat up straight. Did he just say eight? He glanced at the alarm on your nightstand displaying 5:37. "Is this some kind of joke? That's only two hours from now" Jonghyun complained raising his voice a little leaving you to wonder what the conversation was all about. "I'm sorry for the short notice, I'll explain to you guys later. Now I got to go and inform the others. Don't be late" his manager insisted and hung up. Confused Jonghyun looked at his phone wondering how he could adjust their schedule in such a short time. He actually thought he would have some time with his wifey, you. Instead he practically had to prepare himself to be ready at eight "Babe who was that?" you asked with a tired voice crawling back into your husband's arms. Jonghyun pulled you closer as he kissed your forehead "That was my manager to give us the good news that our late flight has been canceled and booked us an earlier flight instead. Which means I have to get up now and be ready by eight". "I hate how that sounds" you whispered kissing Jonghyun's chest and let out a sigh. "Won't leave us much time this morning huh?" and looked up at your husband. "I 'm sorry baby" Jonghyun whispered while he gently ran his fingertips over your back. "I wish I had a little bit more time with you". Even though Jonghyun only had two hours to get himself ready, he decided to take his time to stay in bed with you for thirty more minutes. He hated to leave you in such a hurry and wished he didn't have to.


After staying in bed with you for thirty more minutes, he stumbled out of bed into the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as he was done he walked out of the bathroom gathering the last few things while you threw on your robe. You decided to stay at home instead of going to the airport to see your husband off. It would only make things harder for you. Just when Jonghyun walked into the hallway to put down his luggage, the doorbell started ringing. Jonghyun swung the door open finding Key on the doorstep ready to pick him up. "Our ride is here" Key smiled. "Got it" Jonghyun shrugged and picked up his bags and threw them in the trunk while Key didn't move an inch as he noticed you leaning into the doorpost with your arms crossed in front of your chest. "Are you okay?" he carefully asked knowing that was a stupid question by the look on your face. You nodded "I am fine" you lied and rubbed your arm from the cool morning wind blowing into the house. "You're sure about that?" Key asked once more not believing you and knew you were lying. You let out a sigh and gave in. It was no use to lie to Kibum, he always knew you were when you did. "No, I am not sure and I am not fine" you confessed and walked back into the house to get yourself a glass of water. "Lauren" Key started and followed you into the house while you filled your glass with water. Jonghyun didn't know what Key said and why he followed you back into the house but found the two of you in the kitchen. By just looking at you, he knew something was up. "Baby are you alright?" and carefully approached you. You put the glass back on the counter after taking a few sips "No I am not" and walked out of the kitchen. "Lauren" Jonghyun shouted walking after you and grabbed your hand "Talk to me" and turned you around to face him. "I am just not alright okay?" you sobbed quickly removing the tears from your eyes with the sleeve of your robe while Jonghyun took your face between his hands.


"I just don't want you to go" you confessed. "Baby, I don't want to go either" Jonghyun whispered looking into your eyes "I am sorry that I have to go". "I know you have go and I know that I am selfish right now, but I just wished we had a little bit more time" you added not taking your eyes from your husband. "Come here" Jonghyun whispered once more wrapping his arms around you pulling you into his arms planting a kiss on your lips. "I am sorry for crying for no reason" you continued finally calming down no longer crying. "I know you rather want me home and I am sorry if I can't right now" Jonghyun whispered trying to comfort you feeling somewhat guilty he's leaving you behind, knowing you're pregnant in the back of his mind. "I knew what I was getting into when I married you didn't I?" you smiled lightly. "I am sorry for wanting you home, but having your babies just changes everything". "I know this cupcake" Jonghyun smiled holding you tighter "I will make it up to you. I promise" and caressed your cheeks with his thumbs. "Just promise me you will look after yourself and our babies while I am away? I don't want anything happening to you". "We will be alright. I promise" you assured your husband. "I'm just going to miss you" you added making a sad face. "I'll miss you more" Jonghyun whispered giving you a big kiss. "Eh I am sorry to interrupt, but we really have to go or else we will miss our flight and manager will have a fit" Onew interrupted as he barged into the house. "Have a safe flight babe. Call me as soon as you're in Tokyo okay?" you whispered while you wrapped your arms around his waist. "I will" Jonghyun assured you and kissed your lips right after "I love you" he whispered staring into your blue eyes. "I love you too" and moved your hands from his waist into his neck answering his kiss. "Keep an eye on her for me" Jonghyun asked looking at Riley and Chloe who joined you after they said Key and Onew off. "We will, don't worry! Now go, you will miss your flight otherwise" Riley reminded your husband. "I'll call you" Jonghyun assured you and gave you one more kiss before he left the house and stepped into the van with the rest of the boys. After the van took off, Riley and Chloe insisted to stay in the house with you to give Jonghyun some assurance that you were being looked after while he was away. You didn't mind and liked to have your friends around, because you knew you were going to miss Jonghyun's presence and having your best friends around you knew you would have a listening ear whenever you needed one.
 


Jonghyun has been away from home for a few days now and you're in company of your two best friends Chloe and Riley and of course your little baby dog, Skye. Since it was a Saturday and raining outside, you decided to just stay in in your comfortable clothes where it was warm and dry watching your favorite TV show 'Friends' making a marathon out of it. While you were in the kitchen preparing the tea for yourself and your two amigas, Chloe was preparing the DVD and Riley was putting away the last bit of groceries you quickly did before the weather started to go bad. "Tea is ready" you shouted from the kitchen. Riley and Chloe both got the memo and picked up their own cups and headed back to the living room followed by you. As soon as you and your friends were installed, sitting down in the couch, Chloe pressed the play button on the remote to play the DVD. No matter how often you watched this TV show, it never got old and it still was as funny as ever leaving you and your friends with several laugh fits, unable to stop. As you are laughing to Ross and Rachel singing 'I Like Big Butts' to their new born baby, the wind outside was increasing and became a bit loud distracting you and Riley. "Is that the wind outside?" Riley asked looking at you. "I am not sure, but I think so yea" you answered while you looked outside where the trees were blown in several directions and the rain came down from the sky faster than before. You turned back to the TV screen until a big bang sound echoed from outside scaring you and your friends to death. "Wha...what was that?" Chloe stuttered looking at you and Riley. As soon as these words left Chloe's mouth, a thunder flashing light threw you off guard. Chloe doesn't fear much, but she hates thunderstorms. "Ah I guess it's just a thunderstorm" you sighed "You'll get used to it. It happens quite more often around this time of year I guess. It will blow over". "Okay" Chloe mumbled and tried to focus back on the TV just like you and Riley did, but then the lights in your house started to flicker.


"Ehm, guys, maybe we need to prepare some candles, just in case?" Riley suggested as she looked around expecting the lights to go off anytime soon. "Can you maybe move to the news channel for a second?" Chloe panicked wanting to see if they were forecasting anything heavy you don't know about. "Chloe breathe. It's just a thunderstorm" you assured your best friend. You knew she was terrified and just to assure her that everything was okay, you turned off the DVD player and switched to the first news channel you could find. Just as Chloe expected, they were forecasting some bad weather and heavy thunderstorms and they also warned for possible electricity outage in several areas of the city as well as some heavy hail. "How do we stay updated when the TV stops working?" a nervous Chloe panicked once more "What if it gets worse?". "Chloe relax. Nothing will happen. We have everything. Candles, pocket lights and matches. We will be fine" you assured your best friend while you got up from the couch to get these items out of a drawer in the kitchen and put them down on the table in the living room. Riley didn't trust the electricity and decided to lit a few candles already while the lights in your house kept flickering and the lightning coming from outside gotten sharper too. "Onew?" Riley cheered as soon as she picked up her phone. Yep they finally got together and started dating. For once Riley got a confession from a guy who wasn't cocky or stuck up but was genuinely nice and made her laugh all the time. She smiled knowing her boyfriend was calling "I miss you" she added and put the matches down. "I miss you too sunshine" Onew shrugged on the other side of the line happy to hear her voice that makes his heart flutter.


"Maybe I should close these curtains, these lights are way too sharp for our eyes" you suggested and walked to the big glass window doors to close the curtains. While you closed one side, the lights in the house completely shut off. "Great" you sighed trying to make your way to the other side of the glass door to close the other half of the curtain. It was a good thing you knew your house inside out by now. "What's going on there? You're okay?" Onew asked a little wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter