23. || TWENTY-THREE

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day before your big day, your wedding. No matter what you were feeling super nervous about it. While Jonghyun was staying with his band mates in the dorm that used to be his home once, you were staying in your own home in company of your best friends Shoshanna, Chloe and Riley. Good friends they are, they made sure you were relaxing today and also made sure you wouldn't secretly contact your fiance, because that would bring bad luck in their eyes. You opened your eyes stretching yourself slowly waking up alone in a big bed. Even though it was in the middle of the summer and warm enough outside, your bedroom was a cool place and you always missed Jonghyun's body warmth. You looked over at the picture frame on the bedside table on his side of the bed and smiled from one ear to the other. It was an old picture Key once took when you two were just dating and hung out with SHINee in Lotte World. It brought back some memories alright. You couldn't believe you have been together for three years already and if someone would have told you back then you were going to meet the man of your life three years ago, you wouldn't have believed it. Suddenly the door swung open and a widely smiling Riley walked in with a tray holding tea, milk, fruit and breakfast on it.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" she sing songed putting the tray down. "Ah you made me breakfast?" you murmured with a sleepy voice sitting up straight a little. Riley sat on the bed with you still wearing her PJ's "Uhuh. It's time to wake up!" You made yourself comfortable on the bed preparing your tea while Riley looked at the picture frame. "That picture is so cute. When was that?" "Oh Key took that one on one of the first dates in Lotte World. Sweet memories and I still have the panda he gave me back then" and you took a sip from your milk. "Really? Ah I can't believe that you, my cousin is getting married tomorrow. It's so crazy how everything changes so quickly. To be honest I never thought you would find your man in Asia" Riley shrugged. You put your glass down "Yea neither did I really. I didn't even come here to look for romance and now three years later I am getting married to a Korean man. The sweetest man in the world I know that is" and you took a strawberry from the bowl in front of you. "You really are lucky with your guy. I haven't met any American guys that are just as considerate and caring as he is, but then again, I fall for the wrong ones" Riley chuckled. "I am sure not all guys are bad, but hey maybe you will meet someone here. How is the job hunting going?" you asked while you continued to eat some more of your breakfast. "Well if I am lucky I might have a job, but apartments here are crazy expensive and especially in Seoul, the deposit they ask is ridiculous, New York is a piece of cake" Riley continued.

"Well like I said before, you can stay here as long as you need to until you do find your own place" you assured your cousin. "I know you mean it well and I appreciate it that I can stay here until I find my own place, but I don't want to keep invading your privacy and besides you two are having a baby. You should be enjoying your house as a family". Riley answered not wanting to be a pain in the . "Hey, there is enough space and I will not let my family on the streets. You are family too! I will ask around in my circle of people to see if anyone knows any good apartments not too expensive and if you find something and deposit is too crazy I can still ask my dad to be your safety net if something goes wrong. I am pretty sure he will do it" you assured Riley once more. Riley smiled "Okay, but I am not sure if I want to take your dad's money". "Now who is stubborn? My dad has so much he sometimes doesn't even know what to do with it. He sponsored me setting up my own business or if you want, why not open a bakery? You're good with pastries and cakes" you continued reminding your cousin's talent. "How come I haven't thought about that myself" Riley shrugged. "I am sure my dad would love to invest and you happen to be family and blood related, I am sure he can't say no. And if you really feel too bad taking money from someone else, you'll tell him you will pay him back. That's what I did even though he's my dad. The last thing I want is to depend on him" you explained your cousin and best friend. "Yea you're right" Riley smiled "Thanks. I will think about it".


Just when you swallowed your sandwich, the breakfast was coming back up again and you had no option but to make your way to the bathroom and started to throw up. "Iew, are you okay?" Riley asked worried after you flushed the toilet. "Yea I am fine" you shouted from the bathroom filling your glass with water and drank two glasses full to get rid of the sour taste the vomit gave you. You walked back into the bedroom "It comes with the territory" and you sat back down on the bed correcting your hair. "We don't even know how far you are. You never told us?" Riley asked as she was curious to find out how long you were already pregnant. "Ah I am eight weeks and three days now". "Wow didn't see that one coming. You're almost through your first trimester" Riley shrugged. You chuckled "I know, but I am so so happy that everything is okay with the baby". Your friends didn't know you and Jonghyun were expecting twins and decided to tell your family and close friends when you reached your fourteen weeks. "It's so crazy to think you're going to be a mommy. The first among all of us. You're getting married now, have a baby in seven months or so, you'll have a little family. You got the whole package, just exactly how I imagined your life to be" Riley confessed. "Really?" you giggled "You're the first one to say that". "Well you got your wish, you will be a young mommy!" Riley cheered. “Yea and I am very happy with that. Some might have to think about it twice but at least I won't be so old when I will have grandchildren one day and I will still be fit hopefully. At least I will be old enough to enjoy life and being a mommy as much as I can" you explained throwing on your bathrobe. "You have a point" Riley agreed and you headed downstairs to the living room to meet with your other two friends.


"Good morning bride to be" Shoshanna smiled as she was looking up from reading her magazine. "You know what we should be doing? Bake cupcakes and watch movies!" Riley suggested. "That's actually not a bad idea" Chloe agreed liking Riley's idea. "Eh I am not sure if I have any baking products around here, I think we'll need to do groceries for that" you interrupted your friends. "Well we have all day don't we? As I know where the stores are me and Ril

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter