30. || THIRTY

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the next days you were slowly recovering from your wounds. It was not always a pleasant sight when the doctors came in to change your bandages and clean the cuts, but the wounds were all slowly healing except for the one in your left leg. That cut was quite deep and required surgery to have the big glass piece removed. After spending over two weeks in the hospital you were allowed to go home under the condition to get more bed rest for at least the next four to five weeks to give your left leg some time to heal. The more you would rest your leg, the better it was and it would be even better if someone was in the house to look after you and help you in the house since you were told to do as less as possible. You weren't allowed to fly out to see your husband perform in Paris and London as you were planned to do at first. With Jonghyun being away from home made you feel terrible. You were grateful for having your best friends Chloe and Riley around to help you and even Mrs. Kim looked after you and made you dinner most of the nights, it wasn't the same as having your husband home with you. Seven weeks have passed and you were somewhat recovered for the biggest part. The big cut in your left leg was healing nicely and you were able to use your wrists again, although doctors told you to avoid heavy lifting because your wrists weren't completely healed just yet and you could still lose grip if you would over do the lifting. On top of that you were told by your gynecologist to quit working until after the pregnancy and there was no such thing as working half days only. Work was off limits for you.


You were sitting quietly on the couch with your glasses on reading a book when Mrs. Kim walked into the house putting down some groceries in the kitchen that she picked up on the way. "Good morning" Mrs. Kim sing songed seeing you sitting down in the couch. You looked up from your book and smiled at your mother in law "Thank you for coming in today. I really appreciate it". "No worries darling. I am here to make sure you'll eat and stay healthy so I came to make you some lunch" Mrs. Kim smiled walking into the kitchen making herself right at home. You felt somewhat bad your mother in law was cooking for you while you knew in the traditional Korean marriages, the daughter in law is supposed to look after the in laws. You put down your book and decided to stretch your legs a little and stumbled into the kitchen to get yourself a bottle of water out of the fridge while Mrs. Kim was boiling the water and cutting up the vegetables. She smiled from one ear to the other to find you in the kitchen. She couldn't believe the twins were growing so fast and your belly was rapidly growing once you passed the sixteen weeks going on twenty five weeks in the meantime. She couldn't help herself and placed her hand on your belly "I still can't believe you are having twins". "I still can't believe there is two of them either" you whispered while you rubbed your hand over your belly releasing a big sigh. "There is still so much to do with just less than three months left. I just can't wait for Jonghyun to come home" you confessed missing your husband's presence. "He will be home soon these days no?" You nodded "Yea he should be home tomorrow. That's what I hope for though".


Just when you took a big sip from your bottle of water, the front door closed shut, while Jonghyun walks through the door into the living room after he dropped his bags holding a bouquet of red roses with a big smile plastered on his face. Out of everything you didn't expect your husband home just yet and smiled like an idiot as soon as he was standing right in front of you wrapping his arm around you pressing his lips on yours. You wrapped your arms around his neck answering his kiss. "I missed you beautiful" Jonghyun whispered as he handed the roses to you. "Ahwe, they're beautiful. Thank you" you whispered feeling the happiest woman to have your husband home while he kissed your cheek. He's been away long enough. It was about time he got home. Jonghyun had been away for over three weeks straight. Traveling to the USA, Europe, South America plus traveling back and forth between Seoul, Japan and other Asian countries that you didn't see your husband that much in the past seven weeks to actually have some quality time together. "Let me put these in the water" you smiled at your husband walking into the kitchen looking for a vase to put them in. You were pretty sure where these empty vases were, but of course it was in one of the cabinets you couldn't reach so easily anymore. As stubborn as you were, you wanted to do it yourself. Mrs. Kim saw you struggling while Skye seeked attention from Jonghyun. "No dear" Mrs. Kim insisted "Let me get that for you. You know what the doctor said. No lifting and no crazy stunts" and placed the vase in front of you after filling it with some water too. You sighed giving in. It was not easy for you to let everyone around you do the things you used to do yourself, especially because you hated to depend on others, but what could you possibly do?


You stumbled back into the living room to sit back down because your back was killing you standing on your feet too long. Jonghyun sat himself down next to you taking your hand in his "Are you feeling alright?" "Yea I am fine. My back just hurts a little so I am taking as much rest as possible just like the doctors told me to" you confessed but hated everything about not being mobile anymore. Jonghyun kissed the back of your hand and noticed how big your belly has gotten in the last four weeks. His smile grew bigger by the second and placed both his hands on your belly hoping he would feel some movement, but he had a hard time finding any. You got so used to feeling the twins move, you could feel the slightest movement too. You placed your hand on top of his and moved his hand a little under your belly instead. Jonghyun couldn't believe he was actually feeling his babies stir within you. It was such a miracle and it still amazed him how such thing was even possible. "I can't believe they're growing so fast" Jonghyun whispered moving his hands over your belly leaving a few kisses here and there and looked back at you. "Baby you have no idea how much I missed you" and leans in to kiss you. "We missed you too. It got a little cold without you" you confessed looking your husband in the eyes. "Baby I am so sorry for putting you through this and for not taking care of you as much as I should. It's not fair to you and I am asking too much of you doing everything on your own" Jonghyun added feeling guilty he was away so much. You let out a big sigh "It is so hard without you" and you looked back at your hands. "I am probably not even in the right position to complain and ask this from you, but…" and you looked at your husband with watery eyes "I just wish you could stay home for a while". "Lauren you're my wife. If something is bothering you or if you rather want me home or no matter what else there is, you can say it and don't say you're not in the position to say anything" Jonghyun assured you as he removed a few strings of hair from your face with his eyes beamed on yours. "I have been asking too much of you lately and I am really sorry about that" and squeezed your hand a little. "If you want me to stay home then I will stay home".


You shook your head "I don't want you to stay home because that is what I want" and started to cry slowly "I want you to stay because I don't want you to miss out on anything. I knew what I was getting into when I married you. I knew you would be away from home a lot of times. I knew you would have a busy schedule. I knew things were going to be crazy, but I just never realized being pregnant with your babies would make everything so hard for me" you confessed between your sobs. All the feelings that you had bottled up were escaping from your eyes. "And I want you home because I really need you". Jonghyun blinked his eyes fighting his own tears while he removed the tears from your cheeks "I am really sorry I failed you as a husband until now, but I promise I'll do better. I'm not perfect, but I want you to know that you and our babies are my first priority no matter what. There's nothing I wouldn't do and nothing's too crazy. I'm sorry for being inconsiderate towards your feelings and needs. You're right and I promise I will clear my schedule for now and take a break to spend time with you and enjoy fatherhood a little more. I already missed out on a lot and I don't want to be missing more than I already did, besides I promised to take care of you so I will. I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to hurt you". "I know" you sobbed in relief. "I am sorry for taking your time and asking you to do this". Jonghyun shook his head "Don't. You have nothing to be sorry about. I am glad you're open about your feelings and for once telling me how you really feel. I've been an idiot. I'm the one who should be sorry, but I want you to know that I will be home for at least the next seven months" Jonghyun confessed since he already arranged his absence without you knowing in the first place leaving you confused. "Seven months?" you asked in disbelief. Jonghyun nodded "Baby did you really think I was going to let you do this all by yourself? I arranged this before I went on tour” "But I thought...." you stuttered still confused about what just happened. He just fooled you? "I meant everything I said, but I also wanted you to tell me how you really feel. I am glad you did" Jonghyun added giving you one of his y smiles. "You're so mean" you murmured playfully hitting your husband in the chest "But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter