4. || FOUR

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two days you started working at SM Entertainment and this day you were going to work with SHINee on the set of their new music video for ‘Ring Ding Dong’. Even though you have been seeing them coming in and out of the building daily, Jonghyun was making you feel more and more nervous every single time you would see him and it was harder and harder to make him leave your head. After you finished your breakfast you jumped into the shower to prepare yourself for what was going to be a very long day according to your schedule. While you were drying your hair with a towel you were finishing your coffee going through your schedule to check in which part of the building you were expected and what time exactly. The fact that you were in charge of their styling these next two days was making you a bit anxious. What if you disappointed them? What if they have higher expectations than you can pull off? Lost in your own bubble confronting your own thoughts, Chloe walked into the kitchen preparing herself a cup of coffee. "Good morning". You didn't quite hear her and as soon as Chloe sat herself down at the kitchen table she noticed you weren't exactly present. "Lauren?!" she shouted out pretty loud waving her hand in front of your face. "Are you alright?" Finally she caught your attention. "What?" you mumbled looking up at your friend. "Are you alright? You seem to be a little bit lost. Are you worried about today?" Chloe asked guessing how nervous you could possibly be. "Oh" you smiled taking a sip from your coffee. "Well yea I am kind of anxious. What if I mess up today? I will never get an assignment like this again". "Lauren relax" Chloe assured you placing a hand on your shoulder. "You are going to be great. What can you possibly mess up here?"


You let out a sigh placing the cup back on the table in front of you. "Ah I don't know. This is something that I don't want to blow or even worse disappoint anyone. They all have so high expectations, what if I can't deliver that?" Chloe gave you an assuring smile. "You'll be just fine. Have a little faith. I have been knowing you for so long. In school plays you were always in charge of the styling because you liked it and you have talent for it, unlike me. You have a sense of fashion, you are good with your hands. You are creative. Everything you are doing turns out great and I am sure this will too. Stop thinking so low of yourself. They would never give you an assignment like this if they didn't really believe you could do it". Your best friend sure made her point. "You're right. I am just overreacting" you sighed in relief. "I know I can do it". "That's the spirit" Chloe sing songed taking a sip from her coffee. "Maybe are you nervous you will be working with the guy you like today?" You frowned. "What?" "You heard me" Chloe said with a mischievous smile on her face. "Why don't you just give up fighting your feelings for him huh?" "Chloe do we really have to discuss this again?" you reminded your best friend looking rather annoyed than amused. "I don't want a boyfriend. We will be going back at some point next year and the last thing I want is to end up having a relationship with someone I can't be with anyways" you continued. "Besides I don't like him" you lied looking away in denial. Chloe shook her head letting out a heavy sigh. "Lauren, you are lying to yourself and you and I both know that you like this guy. It's all over your face. Who knows it's worth the try? Maybe he’s ‘the’ guy for you".


You took your schedule from the table and rose from your chair. "I am not going to have this conversation again. Besides, I am not his type of girl anyways. Could you please just forget about it? For my sake?" and you put the cup in the sink and struggled getting your schedule in your purse. Chloe shook her head again and finished her coffee preparing herself to leave the apartment together with you. 'Lauren I really wish you weren't so darn stubborn' she thought as she threw on her coat. Both you and Chloe both made your way out of the apartment and took the bus to both your jobs. You waved off your best friend and stepped out on the next best stop walking into the SM Entertainment building where you were going to be expected. You arrived as early as you could because you hate running late and it gave you some time to check out the set you were going to work at in the next two days as well as prepare everything you were going to use. Just when you were in the middle of going through the racks of clothing checking out the entire wardrobe to see if you could find some interesting outfits for the video shoot, the boys of SHINee walked onto the set quite early as well. "Hiya" Key cheered excitedly as soon as he saw you and surprised you with a friendly hug. You smiled at Key. "Hey!" and quickly took a glance at your watch. "You guys are a little early". "I know" Key shrugged. "But hey, we don't want to be scolded by you" he joked letting out a small giggle. "I never scold people" you defended yourself with a smile across your face. "It was just a joke." Key laughed placing his bag on one of the chairs in the room and walked back to you. "You have any idea of what you are going for?" You shook your head still going through the rack still not having a clue. "I have seen some interesting pieces of clothing that I might want to use, but then I would have to figure out on whom of you guys it would look the best as far as the specific pieces go so I will just wait a little until the others get here as well". "They're here" and gestured to the group of guys behind you. You turned around and smiled as soon as you saw the other guys walking in together with their hairstylists. Taemin smiled back and waved at you. "You're ready for today?" You nodded with a big smile on your face not letting them notice you were slightly nervous. "I think so. Let's just hope I don't mess it up" you joked. "I'm pretty sure it won't be that bad" Taemin assured you.


While the guys sat themselves down in the sofa drinking their coffee mentally preparing themselves for a long day of video shooting, you entertained yourself with the dancers who needed to do some outfit fitting just to make sure you got the right sizes for them. After the boys did a dance practice for two hours, the video director wanted to start with the single shots first and while they were preparing the set you called the guys to come over one by one to make sure the right outfit went with the right band member. As soon as you figured out their outfits for the solo shots, the boys went onto the set one by one after their hair were styled and entirely changed into those outfits. Before you let them go you made a double check walking around the guy checking the outfit from head to toe. You had no idea what it was going to look like on the screen and made sure you watched each of the guys doing their best. Never in the world did you expect that each of these solo shots were going to take so much time and took over three hours in total to finish all five of them. After the first set you were preparing the next outfits and decided to work with the colors black, grey and white. The boys got into their new outfits one by one and got their hair done short after and were guided to the next set where the second round was shot. It looked big and exciting in front of a massive metal frame that spelled SHINee. You watched every single bit of the choreography shots they were doing over and over again because you were waiting after your wardrobe work was done. Your coach thought that it might be useful to have some looks here and there to see how the entertainment industry works in general and you might learn something new. You were stunned about how hard these boys were working and not forget to mention the amount of patience they needed whenever something in the decor had to be changed or adjusted or simply when the choreography didn't go as practiced and had to be done again. Suddenly you grew a little bit more respect towards musicians and actors who had to do this all the time. It isn't as easy as it looks and it just takes a lot of patience and repeating to get the right shots.


After the boys were at it for two more hours straight, they decided it was time to pause and eat something. Food was ordered and there was a lot, as much as for a whole army. You couldn't help but check your clock showing it was already 5.34 PM. Since when did time go so fast? You didn't realize you were there since eight in the morning. For one more time you checked your schedule and came to the conclusion that they were a little behind with the shooting and that you were probably running late as well. Knowing that you decided to text Chloe to let her know you weren't sure what time you were going to be finished or able to meet her at the apartment for that matter. You put away your phone and joined the group at the big dining table with a wide range of Korean food spread out on it. You were amazed how much choice you had. You grabbed a plate and slowly walked from left to right putting a bit of everything on your plate. You turned around ready to walk back to your table to sit down and eat your meal, but instead you bumped into Jonghyun. Jonghyun of all people. Most of the food on your plate landed on your clothes and the floor. Taemin, Minho, Onew and Key who already were eating their food, paused immediately looking at the both of you. "This time I am not the clumsy one" Onew grinned. "Well done hyung" Minho sing songed not able to control his laugh. "I'm so, so sorry, I didn't see you" you apologized. Jonghyun shook his head. "No it's my fault. You don't have to apologize" and looked at you helping you clean up t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter