The Proposal

Wealth, Love and Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flash Forward to the next 5 days…

“Ms Kim, are you ready yet? The party is on in another 10 minutes!” Hyerim said through the intercom.

Eunjung was busy fixing her dress in the dressing room for staffs. She was wearing a sleeveless soft pink-goddess-like dress. Her hair was let down and light make-up was put on her beautiful face. She also wore her 4 inches heels, which was not too high and not too low. When she’s done, she looked at herself on the mirror and smiled. She took her purse and walked out of the room.

 cred: google.com ;)

“Hello, hyerim-ah, where are you?” Eunjung put on her intercom and asked.

“Ms Kim! Where have you been?! I’ve been searching for you! The ball starts in about 3 minutes! You should hurry and come here!” Hyerim said loudly and Eunjung smiled.

“Okay, okay, I’m coming…” with that, Eunjung fastened her walking speed.

Her heart raced when she got in the lift and she breathed out deeply. She pressed on the floor number and smiled to herself.

“You can do it, Eunjung-ah! Fighting!” Eunjung cheered herself.

*Ding*

The sound of the lift rang in her ear, indicating that she had arrived to her destination. She went out of the lift and she saw Jiyong, leaning on the wall and looking at his watch. She smiled.

*Was he waiting for me?* Eunjung asked herself.

“Where is she?” Jiyong looked at his watch and looked around. He spotted her, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and loved, Kim Eunjung. He smiled towards her, waving his hand. He walked towards her.

“You’re almost late, my beautiful princess…” Jiyong bent, he grabbed her hand and kissed it. Jiyong stood upright and bent his arm.

“Yes, I am… Now let’s go in, my gorgeous prince…” Eunjung put her arm around his arm. The both of them walked into the grand ballroom.

People were staring at them. Some of them whispered among themselves and some greeted them. Eunjung had always felt uncomfortable when people look and stare at her. Jiyong turned his head and saw that his woman, looking uncomfortable. He smiled. He grabbed her chin and turned her head facing him.

“Just look at me…” Jiyong said as he looked deeply into Eunjung’s eyes. She nodded.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Mrs Kwon was there, taking a sip of her champagne, while talking with her conglomerate friends. Her brows furrowed when she saw her son with her ex-daughter in law. She wasn’t angry, she was just confused, why was her son back with his ex-wife?

*I thought they don’t love each other… w-why…?* She asked herself.

“Isn’t that your son, Mrs Kwon?” Mrs Shin, her business partner, asked.

“He is…my son…” Mrs Kwon asked.

“The girl beside him is beautiful, you’re lucky to have a daughter in law like her…” Mrs Shin said and Mrs Kwon smiled.

*Actually, its not daughter in law, but ex-daughter in law…* Mrs Kwon said in her mind.

“Then, I’m gonna go to my son first?” With that, Mrs Kwon bowed to her friends and walked towards Jiyong and Eunjung.

“Jiyong?” Mrs Kwon called her son.

“Ne, omoni…” Jiyong bowed his head to his mother. Eunjung was obviously uncomfortable, facing Jiyong’s mother, or she should say, her ex-mother in law, who asked her to divorce Jiyong. Eunjung bowed her head as well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter