Destiny (BANGLO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

This one isn't a request but I really wanted to write it. P.S it's a Stckholm Syndrome fic. 

Desinty by Infinite


Junhong stared at the bleak grey roof. His gangly limbs hung off the right side of the bed that wasn’t pressed against the wall. He let out a deep sigh. The boredom was getting to him. He had no clue how long he’d been there but he knew it was killing him. There was nothing to do – he knew every corner and crevice of the room, realising within the first few hours that there was no way out aside from the single door at the opposite end of the small room from where he lay each night. Or at least he guessed it was night.

There was nothing in the room aside from himself, a few empty crates and the bed. There was nothing to do and no one even knew he was there. Junhong pursed his lips as he wondered if he could play any games but most of the things he could think of involved two people. He to his side and sighed again.

He was sure he’d been there for at least a month or two but with no windows he couldn’t be sure. Junhong’s only contact with the outside world was him. Junhong had really hated him at first, but as he slowly lost hope the anger subsided into apathy. All he wanted was to be back in his home, in his bed and being given a goodnight kiss by his mother. As he tried to remember her face, a sudden pang of hurt and guilt shot through his body. He couldn’t. He couldn’t remember what his own mother looked like, couldn’t form the image of either of his parents in his mind.

He felt more defeated than ever. Especially since he still couldn’t shake that odd feeling he had in the back of his mind. He was missing something, and not just the whole of reality. Junhong felt like he was missing out on something important.

Junhong didn’t flinch when he heard the muffled noises of the door being unlocked. The boy knew it was coming because he always made sure to feed Junhong three times a day. When he came through the door, Junhong sat up and just as their routine went, he placed the tray of food in front of the boy on the bed. He stood though, waiting and watching for Junhong to take a bite, to make sure he was eating.

The food wasn’t great, bland and mostly unappetising, it was a small bowl of the fake macaroni cheese that was undercooked, one piece of dark brown toast that would have burnt if it had been left in a second longer and a glass of warm orange juice. The food didn’t settle him and with him in the room, the nagging feeling at the back of his head came forward and Junhong spoke for the first time in a week.

His voice was rough in his throat. “Yong-” Junhong remembered what the elder had said last time. “Yongguk…hyung?” The elder looked up at him with wide eyes that were filled with a mixture of surprise and…pride? Junhong was sure of it. “Hyung, I was…I was wondering.” He swallowed hard and Yongguk moved slowly to sit on the bed with a large gap between them. He nodded for Junhong to continue. “What’s the date?”

Yongguk looked a little confused but looked down at his watch. “It’s the 15th of October.” He spoke with caution but when Junhong’s head dropped he felt suddenly flustered. “Wh-w-why?” Yongguk wasn’t sure what to do and he felt panic rushing through his nerves.

Junhong lifted his head to look at the bland wall before him, at the monotony that had been so consistent. “It’s my birthday.” He let out a single laugh before the pain hit him. He swallowed over the lump in his throat and took several deep breaths to keep back the tears that made his eyes feel warm. It had been August when he’d last seen the sun. He almost didn’t mind the dark anymore but knowing the date made it harder to accept where he was. He covered his eyes with his hands and allowed the tears to come but he made sure to keep quiet. He’d made noise during his first days there in the hopes of being heard by someone but he’d been punished for it. Yongguk was much stronger than his slim frame suggested.

Junhong heard Yongguk move beside him before the elder’s arms wrapped around his shaking shoulders. He felt the warmth of Yongguk’s body envelope him and he felt himself lean into the touch, his cheek resting on the elder’s chest. His sobs continued but Junhong didn’t feel so bad. It confused him so much that he cried a little harder. He felt comforted but as his heart said yes his mind screamed no and the conflict caused him pain.

Yongguk started rubbing gentle circles on the small of his back and it seemed to come some of the harsher noises the boy made. He checked his watch again after a long while and realised they had been sitting together for almost an hour. By then Junhong had quietened down and at some point his arms had found their way around Yongguk’s waist. He moved just a little but Junhong felt the disruption and sat up, rubbing his face with both hands.

“S-sorry.” Yongguk could hear how that was more Junhong apologising to himself, apologising for letting his guard down, for allowing such an intimate moment with the man who had taken him away from his family.

“You know why I keep you here though Junhonggie, I’ve told you.” He reached over and took one of Junhong’s hands from his thigh. “I want to let you out.” He spoke softly, watching the way their fingers moved together, Junhong not fighting the touch. “But you’re not better yet. You need to get better before I can let you out. We’re making progress though.” He pulled the boy’s wrist up to his lips and pressed gentle kisses to his palm. “Please don’t cry anymore. You promised me you’d stop. I understand why you did though.” He looked into Junhong’s eyes and he could see how much the boy wanted to look away. “Don’t cry.”

Junhong nodded and broke the gaze. Yongguk’s eyes were too sweet, too caring, to belong to the man himself. Someone who looked so kind shouldn’t have been able to kidnap a young boy. But it was that sweetness that stopped him from being truly scared. Even though he knew – if he ever got out – he would blame it all on Yongguk, he would point his finger in court and identify him, but at the same time he knew he would say one thing, that Yongguk took care of him. Because he did.

“I’m going to come back in a moment, okay Junhonggie?” He stood up slowly with a questioning look until Junhong nodded. Yongguk backed out the door then, leaving Junhong on his own.

When the door shut he only heard the sound of one of the bolts being locked. He wouldn’t have counted at any other time but it was the absence of the other two clicks that caught his attention. He knew for sure that it was not because Yongguk was giving Junhong a chance to leave, which would never happen. Maybe he was in a rush? Junhong decided it didn’t matter. He didn’t know how to pick locks and even if he could he was sure there wouldn’t be a way to get out without being noticed. Junhong lay down on his back and huffed. He had given up on his freedom and the weight of knowing that was like no more than that of a butterfly if one were perched on his finger.

Junhong lifted his hands up above him and he studied them under the single bare bulb that Yongguk always left on from when he brought Junhong breakfast to when he took away the boy’s dinner plate. His hands looked the same but they seemed dirtier. If Junhong couldn’t have his freedom, one thing he wanted to ask for was a bath.  He turned his left hand over. It looked no different but it tingled. The spots that Yongguk had touched so easily with his lips felt warmer than the rest.

Junhong wasn’t sure why but he brought his hand down until it was an inch from his nose. He pushed his chin up though, meeting his hand with his own lips and kissing those spots on his palm. It was strange, the way his mouth began to tingle, the sensation abandoning his hand. It made a little giddy but it didn’t scare him for some reason. He was so unsure but what he knew was that he wasn’t afraid of what was going to happen when Yongguk got back like he had been for so long. He almost felt himself wanting the elder back sooner but he would never accept that.

He was getting better at distracting himself from the passing but even so Junhong knew it was an incredibly long time before he heard Yongguk move up in what he guessed was the house above. He’d been unconscious before finding himself in the dank and dark room so he had no idea where on earth he was or even what was above him. He wondered if Yongguk had left the house altogether. It wasn’t long after the first few noises for Junhong to hear Yongguk come down the stairs that led to the door Junhong dreaded so much.

Yongguk opened the single lock and the boy sat up on his bed. The light flickered off and he felt a surge of panic until Yongguk pushed the door open with his back and turned to reveal a candle standing straight in the breezeless room. It lit up only his face that showed the excitement of small boy as he sang to Junhong. When he got closer Junhong realised that Yongguk had brought him a cupcake. Junhong smiled and it made Yongguk’s wider as the elder nodded at the candle. Junhong closed his eyes and put his hands together as if he was praying. He felt like he was because even though he could have wished for new things, for a girlfriend, for a happy family, all he wished for was for things to get better. He didn’t wish for freedom because he didn’t think that the person who granted wishes was that generous.

When he blew out the candle they were in pitch black and Yongguk clapped and cheered. Junhong could hear him stand and open the door before the light stuttered back into life. Junhong saw then the package on the bed beside him. He placed his cupcake on the bedside table and took the present into his hands.

“Uh, that’s for you.” Yongguk’s smile was smaller, shyer, as he pointed to the bright red parcel. It looked soft but Junhong couldn’t fathom what it was. He opened the present carefully to reveal two items. The first was an oversized black t-shirt that was soft in his hands. The other was a pair of dark green jeans. They sparked an odd memory in Junhong’s mind as he remembered telling his mother he wanted the outfit for his birthday, telling her that he’d also admired a pair of black studded sneakers to go with it.

“I bought them for you a long time ago, but when I realised you were sick, I didn’t want to give them to you.” Yongguk looked a little guilty then but not for having kept Junhong prisoner, just for having not given him the clothes. “When you told me it’s your birthday, I realised this was the best time, especially since you’re getting better.” He smiled shyly and reached out his hand to touch the jeans. They were still fresh feeling and Junhong was dying to wear them instead of the rank clothes he’d had on for much too long.

“Um, hyung? Can I ask for something?” Yongguk’s brow creased and Junhong could see how he was debating whether or not to say yes. He nodded after a long while though and Junhong felt his spirits lift just a little. “Uh, I was wondering if I could have a bath.” Yongguk cocked his head, processing the strange request.

He looked at Junhong curiously for a moment. He picked up Junhong’s new clothes and walked back to the door, leaving with a lingering look before shutting it. He didn’t lock it then and Junhong felt strange, as if he was being tested. He didn’t fall for it and stayed put despite that small part of him begging to just walk out of the room and see what would happen. Junhong wondered if the wait would be easier that time but he spotted his cupcake on the table beside the bed and ate it then, making sure not to make a mess.

It was chocolate and absolutely delicious. It was the best thing Yongguk had ever fed him and he savoured each bite. He folded the paper case up and put back where the cupcake had sat, wiping his lips so that he didn’t look messy for when Yongguk came back. It didn’t take him long but when Yongguk was back, he didn’t come far into the room, instead he beckoned Junhong forward and the younger obliged.

When they stood before each other, Yongguk his lips. “Do you promise to follow me? To stay with me and not go anywhere I don’t tell you to?” Junhong nodded.

Yongguk took Junhong’s hand and the younger felt nothing. He was so nervous and shocked by what Yongguk was doing that he thought he was dreaming. The feeling only got more intense when Yongguk opened the door and pulled him through. His grip tightened ever so slightly on Junhong’s hand when he took that first step beyond the door. Junhong felt like his legs were made of jelly. He knew he was excited but he couldn’t quite feel it. The idea of being beyond those dank walls was too good to be true but when Yongguk opened the door at the top of the stairs that led down to hell, and the sun reached down to him like a mother reaches for her baby out of the crib, his knees gave out beneath him before he scrambled up the stairs to feel the warmth of the natural light on his body. He felt for a second Yongguk’s hand pull his arm back but he got himself out of the hold.

“Junhong.” Yongguk’s voice was distant behind him as he stumbled through the short hall and into the kitchen where a large window was like the floodgates of light that were like an angel had come to save him. What he saw outside though shot through his heart like the bullet of an elephant gun. There was nothing. For miles and miles he could see paddocks and grass but nothing else, only just a few trees dotted around the house.

“JUNHONG!” Yongguk’s deep voice bellowed out and Junhong came back to himself and slipped on the cool tiles. Yongguk’s eyes were fierce as he yanked on Junhong’s wrist to get the boy to stand up. “You said! You promised you would follow me!” He wasn’t angry. Yongguk was hurt and Junhong nerves spiked with guilt. His mouth dropped open but before he could apologise Yongguk’s expression softened. “Don’t do that again.” He nodded his head to the side and dropped his hand to hold Junhong’s again, much tighter than before.

“Sorry.” Junhong whispered, not wanting to provoke Yongguk anymore. He could feel the fear trickling through him again but it was still faint. Yongguk put his hand on Junhong’s shoulder as well, to be able to guide the boy and stop him from running away again.

He showed Junhong the way down a different hall that was a little longer. There were only three doors and the first one they passed was ajar – the toilet, he saw, the floor littered with Male Review magazines. Yongguk cleared his throat as he pushed Junhong on and they came to the two other doors, one closed and one open. Junhong looked at Yongguk.

“What’s in there?” He pointed to the closed door, wondering if it was where Yongguk slept but the elder didn’t answer, simply pushed the boy through the other door and into the bathroom. The sight of the running water made him forget the other door. He controlled himself though and allowed Yongguk to guide him.

From habit, the elder shut the door behind them before continuing. He stood before Junhong, turning the boy just a little so that they faced each other, before he reached for the hem of the younger’s t-shirt. He pulled it gently over Junhong’s hand and the boy felt a little frightened when he heard Yongguk hiss. He looked down when the shirt was gone to see blue and purple marks flowering across his stomach and from the noise Yongguk made when he got Junhong turn around, there were more on his back.

“Do they hurt?” The elder spoke to Junhong’s back. He shook his head before turning back to face Yongguk. He nodded but he looked as if he didn’t believe Junhong.

He placed his hands on Junhong’s waist them and slid them down to his shorts. He hooked his fingers inside the hem and brought them to Junhong’s button, undoing it with both hands then holding one side to undo the zip. He let the pants drop to the floor but on Junhong’s thighs were bright yellow blotches that seemed to have faded like sun-bleached spots on fabric. Junhong blushed as he became exposed, his underwear falling into his shorts before he stepped out of them and towards the bath, Yongguk shutting off the tap just before he helped him in.

The water was clear but a few bubbles had formed from the soap Yongguk was using. He brushed a damp cloth across Junhong’s skin, being careful of the marks. It was silent, save for the sound of the water and Junhong closed his eyes to the feeling of the cloth. It was a sensation he hadn’t considered missing, but to feel it again he knew it was something he had wanted for a long while. The fact that Yongguk was finally giving it to him, he felt blessed to have that moment.

“I’m sorry.” Yongguk whispered. He brushed over one of the darker marks on the boy’s ribcage. It had been from the week before when Junhong had refused to eat the soup Yongguk had brought that was obviously not meant to be cold.

Junhong brushed his own fingers over the mark, following the tail of feeling Yongguk had drawn on him. “It’s okay.” He mimicked Yongguk’s tone. He wanted to reassure the elder. He felt that the sadness, the regret in Yongguk’s expression shouldn’t have been there just for the way Junhong’s body behaved. It wasn’t his fault.

The elder sighed but continued until Junhong was sufficiently clean. He helped the boy back out of the tub and took a towel off the rail. He allowed Junhong to dry himself then as he brought the clothing over from the counter. Junhong noticed then the spare underwear as well and was thankful for it. He knew it was probably Yongguk’s but he didn’t care and slipped them on, finally feeling the comfort his body had been begging for.

Yongguk lifted up the shirt, filling his fists with the fabric to slip it over Junhong’s tall frame easier. He allowed Junhong to put on the jeans himself as well. They fit perfectly. Yongguk took Junhong’s hand and led him out of the bathroom, assuring the boy he’d wash his clothes. He took him to the kitchen but Junhong stopped in the doorway, stretching Yongguk’s arm until he stopped as well.

“Junhong-ah?”

“H-hyung, can I please stay up here, just for a little bit longer?” Junhong didn’t want to go back down there, not ever again in his entire life. He would kill himself before going back into that hell of a basement. To his surprise though Yongguk nodded and took him into the lounge room.

The house was nice, tidy and clean. The colours of the walls were muted but he could tell it was an old home. It look mid-70s but he could still appreciate the timelessness of it with the way Yongguk kept it so well.

“Sit.” Yongguk gestured to the couch and Junhong did as he was told. He felt brand new in his clean clothes; as if it was his first time being that way. He also felt like an invited guest in the home. Yongguk sat down beside him and placed a hand on the boy’s knee. He looked into his eyes with a fatherly expression.

“Junhonggie, I don’t want you to lie to me when I ask you this question okay?”  Junhong nodded, just a slight inclination of his chin but it was enough for Yongguk. “If I let you stay up here with me, you won’t runaway right?”

Junhong thought about it for a only a second but the first answer that came to him was the one he knew was the truth. He could attempt to persuade himself but the decision was cemented in his heart.

“I won’t runaway, I promise.” He hadn’t been very good at keeping the promises he made to Yongguk but those were forced on him. This time the promise was coming from him, from his heart. Yongguk smiled brightly because he could hear the truth in the words. Junhong smiled too as he turned Yongguk’s hand over and entwined their fingers. It was a precious moment and although he had given up on his freedom, his wish had been granted. Things had become better and Junhong would take his chances to keep them from going back.

“Hyung?” Yongguk had looked away, out the window to the setting sun. He glanced at Junhong, seeing the boy’s expression change. “Can I ask for one last thing?” Yongguk nodded but he didn’t speak. His lips tingled again and he wanted to sensation to spread. It was the best thing he’d felt in a forever and he wanted more of it. He kissed Yongguk, gently, just a peck. It did the trick. Junhong smiled as he felt the world changing around him, he felt all the despair that had settled inside of him for two months lift all because of the man beside him.

Yongguk passed through the initial shock but after he let out a nervous laugh, he leaned forward and kissed Junhong himself, moving his lips against the younger’s mouth. He spoke with their mouths still together, moving Junhong’s with his. “You got better.”

 

 


The ending.....honestly I think it's really bad but this was the best I could come up with......hope you guys liked it anyways :)