One Shot (BANGJAE)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

Youngjae was a little younger than Yongguk but he seemed infinitely more experienced in the ways of love. Youngjae was good at saying ‘I love you’. He was good at letting those three words drip from his lips like melted chocolate on a fresh strawberry. He could also tell how he loved Yongguk, the little things that attracted him. Youngjae could make Yongguk feel like his flaws were perfection itself. As for the latter, he had no idea what made his mind work like that. There was too much about Youngjae that he enjoyed – openly and secretly – and he wasn’t sure how it happened either. When he saw Youngjae’s smile? Maybe. When he got to know his cute personality? Possibly. The way they had amazing on Yongguk’s couch two weeks after they first met? That probably played a big part.

They spent enough time together that Yongguk should have worked it out. Time in bed, time on the couch, on dates, at work; he was always distracted though, and somehow he could guess that might have been his boyfriend’s fault.

Youngjae’s pearly teeth peeked out as he bit his lip. All his desire and lust shone through his cinnamon eyes and Yongguk didn’t feel like he could get away from it. The younger pushed back Yongguk’s dark chocolate hair, tipping his head to expose his milky neck, and planted himself on the elder’s jaw, moving in a sweeping pattern along the taught skin until he reached the elder’s mouth. His lips began moving roughly against Yongguk’s but were the softest things in the world to him. Yongguk ran his fingertips lightly along Youngjae’s back, beneath his shirt, and the elder relished in the slight shiver his touch received. He probed gently with his tongue and Youngjae was more than willing to accept him. The younger’s hands gripped Yongguk’s neck tight and it made the latter growl into the fierce kiss.

Yongguk smiled when Youngjae’s hands loosened a little and started to move. They trailed down his toned Cheetos-shaped arms, giving them a gentle squeeze as he went. Youngjae ghosted his fingers down the sides of Yongguk’s torso and it made the latter shiver pleasantly. Yongguk held onto Youngjae’s chin while he propped himself up with his other hand on the back of the couch.

They were in the big warehouse but it was completely empty aside from the two lovers and they liked it that way. To Yongguk, it was the perfect time to – although he did occasionally enjoy the thrill of potentially being caught in such a erted act.

He let out a string of breathy moans when Youngjae broke away from him, resting his forehead on Yongguk’s collarbone as he watched himself sink his hand into the front of the elder’s jeans. Youngjae lifted his head slightly to plant his swollen lips onto Yongguk’s neck where he started to and nibble. He palmed the elder’s obvious a few times until he stopped suddenly, a cheeky giggle reverberating through the open space. Yongguk eye’s snapped to his lover and his head rolled forward but he was still in a daze, expecting the next phase of intimacy.

Instead, Youngjae took back his hand and each of his fingers until the tips glistening with his spit. He wiped them a little on his jeans before taking a step back. Yongguk had no clue where the moment was going but his desires were shattered when Youngjae finished appraising the elder's desperate condition.

“Sorry Gukkie, not today.” Youngjae pecked Yongguk’s dumbstruck and gaping lips and winked before he jogged away quickly. He picked up his bag and sent the elder a seductive smile just as he disappeared out the door.

Yongguk’s shoulders dropped and so did his short-lived moment of bliss. He sighed, feeling deflated from Youngjae’s abrupt departure. He closed his eyes again and imagined how the moment would have gone if the younger had stayed. It wasn’t hard imagining the sensation of the rough kisses, he could still feel the heat of Youngjae’s body pressed against him and it wasn’t hard to imagine that his hand wasn’t his.

He trailed his fingers down his torso, letting light goose bumps appear where they touched. It made him shiver in his semi-pleasured state. When his hand reached the waistline of his pants, he ed them slowly, just the way Youngjae would before giving the elder head. He could see the younger kneeling in front of him, the very y image of his boyfriend was an easy one to conjure. When he reached his , still clothed in his underwear, he palmed it lightly; using the heel of his hand to add a slight, and heavenly, pressure.

He didn’t stop himself from out the younger’s name when he thumbed the head through the thin cotton. He didn’t even notice what was coming from his lips until a similar deep voice echoed from the balcony of the top floor.

“Do you have to be so loud? I’m sure the whole street can hear you with the acoustics of this place.” A tall thin man sat up from where he lay on the couch just near the railing. His dark auburn hair was messy but he didn’t seem to notice.

“, how long have you been there?” Yongguk did up his pants, cursing Youngjae for abandoning him like that. The thin man stood up and walked leisurely to the railing. He leant against with his elbows while his book fanned out as he held the page with his thumb.

“Longer than you.” He cocked a brow.

“Dammit Himchan, why didn’t you say anything?”

“Because I’m a voyeur.” He spoke with so much sarcasm that it overflowed into the rest of his features while he stared dumbly at Yongguk. “Geez, what do you think? Youngjae was never going to do it with you here. The kid is but he has some class. I only had to wait for you to leave.” He spoke matter-of-factly and his eyes told Yongguk just how disappointed he was that they had in fact not left together.

Yongguk had to admit that Himchan was right though. The warehouse wasn’t really the best place. The walls were thin with large windows lining the top half; there was a bathroom but it was small and the kitchen barely counted as one; short winding stairs led to a balcony with a pool table and several couches. It was their place of business; too public for something so intimate. Not to mention, the overall scent of the tall open space was rust mixed with car oil from the repairs Himchan did on their jeeps every so often.

There was a long silence as they continued to glare at each other. It was more intense than their usual stare-offs but Yongguk was rightly pissed off. He broke first anyway. “Fine, I’ll be back in a minute.” He grabbed a half-empty box of tissues, glancing around suspiciously in case any more of his friends wanted to pop out and ruin his mood.

“Don’t take too long.” Himchan smirked at the elder and made his way downstairs while Yongguk made his way to the bathroom beside the dingy office. Himchan unconsciously fixed the buttons of his shirt as he moved, tucking the black fabric into his dark red skinny jeans. Himchan walked over to a large sink with a few empty cupboard beneath it, and above, that served as their kitchen. From the one above he took the least dirty cup he could find and it filled it with water. He downed half of it before smacking his lips together with a satisfied ‘ah’.

“So I was thinking about something.” Himchan spoke particularly loud, signalling to the elder that he was speaking to him but Yongguk made no answer. Himchan mostly saw it as his unofficial position to annoy Yongguk whenever he could, and in the elder’s current state, Himchan couldn’t have thought of a better moment. “We’ve been in this business for years, and we have all this money, so why do we still work in this hole? We could at least get a place somewhere nicer; I mean the warehouse is okay but-”

“Hyung! Hyung!? Where’s Yongguk-hyung!?” Jongup and Junhong ran into the warehouse through the back door since the rolling door they usually used was shut. Himchan could guess by the hastiness of their entrance that opening the roller door would have been too much.

“He’s in the bathroom. Why?” Himchan half-way demanded because the vigour of the two youngest members of their group sent him into semi-panic mode. Jongup rushed passed the elder to the bathroom door that he pounded on until a strangled ‘yes’ came from Yongguk. “Hyung! What are you doing? Get out here!”

“What’s up with them?” Himchan turned to the voice that spoke. He always thought of Yongguk as his best friend, no matter how they treated each other, but the man who stood beside him now was definitely one of his favourite people. Daehyun was a little younger than Himchan but he was one of the best of their team. Not to mention he was hot, and Himchan enjoyed a little eye candy every now and then.

“I don’t know but they’re noisy.” Daehyun rolled his eyes at them and took Himchan’s glass from his hand and filled it up for himself.

Jongup stepped back when several mumbled curses and a heavy grunt came through the flimsy wood. The door flew into the wall and the ‘thwack’ made the whole place vibrate for half a second. “Who the do you think you’re talking to? Where’d your damn manners go?” Himchan poorly attempted to supress a chuckle despite the tickle of fright that still lingered from the maknaes’ arrival. He knew that second question was not for Jongup’s less than polite language towards their group leader. He also laughed at Jongup and Junhong’s faces that screamed fear as the leader stared daggers through their heads.

Jongup’s lips parted like a fish and Yongguk could see he was having a hard time talking under the eldest’s gaze. He softened his expression a little and it seemed to work. “They know we took the bikes! The Hell-Raisers!” Jongup shouted with bug-eyes and Junhong nodded, mimicking his hyung’s expression.

Yongguk’s heart stopped. What? How? When? His mind stuttered over the questions as he glanced around. They didn’t have the bikes anymore – of course not. They were hired to take things, sometimes they were allowed to sell them, sometimes not. That was their business. It worked for them. But no one ever found out. Sure, people suspected, otherwise the group wouldn’t have made a name for themselves. They were the best. They were professionals. So how could they have failed so badly?

“Where are they now?” The question dropped in dead silence as the others waited for their orders on what to do. The question was directed at Jongup who seemed to be their current source of information.

“They’re moving. They don’t know we’re here but they’re going through the whole area pretty thoroughly.” Junhong took his turn to speak, sharing the load with Jongup – no one faced the leader alone.

“Luckily they don’t know what we look like.” Although they had stolen from the Hell-Raisers, and both teams were quite well known in the industry, they had never met.  Rumours were all anyone could go off since the art of thievery was all about secrecy.

“I’m sure they’ve got a fair idea. We do meet our clients face to face.” Daehyun spoke with a raised brow and everyone had to agree with him. When they got a call they would meet with their clients at a fairly low key place; all wearing masks or hats or glasses, something to cover some section of their identity.

“Things like that don’t matter anymore. We need to get ready.” Yongguk was agitated, angry that someone’s tongue slipped. For all Yongguk knew, the guy they had taken the 500,000,000 won Harley Davidson and Ducati motorcycles for could have boasted about it. For that he would find himself in more trouble than before he’d received the bikes. Yongguk would see to that.

Harsh banging on the roller door directed everyone’s attention to the thin metal. Someone was smashing an object against it and an instant of panic set Yongguk’s fingers shaking. He shoved his hands into his pockets. Being caught for what they had done was a truly frightening thing to the leader, especially when he had learnt the extent of their ‘muscle’ before stealing the bikes. The Hell-Raisers were loaded with all sorts of tough guys and heavy weapons. Yongguk’s team was more suited to stealth – he had faith nonetheless.

The leader nodded at his friend and Jongup took his cue to move cautiously towards the door. A succession of sharp breaths filled the group when Jongup’s hand clutched the handle of the rolling door and yanked it up until it was above his head. All eyes were on the boy when he was struck with a wooden bat but Yongguk wasn’t sure what happened to him. Rough, calloused hands clamped over his mouth and his nostrils flared against the flesh, trying to in some ounce of air. He closed his eyes instinctively and jerked out of the stranger’s hold just in time to receive a blow to his stomach from someone else in front of him.  He crumpled and clutched his chest, desperately in the air that had completely emptied from his lungs.

His vision blurred and his head pounded. Yongguk almost wanted to cry. What was happening to his team?! They were meant to be the best but he watched as each one of them was cornered and beaten into submission inside their own headquarters.

When the struggle subsided, Yongguk glanced around as best he could with the sharp elbow of a big burly guy digging into the small of his back and his hand covering Yongguk’s throat. Daehyun was against the wall with a dirty knife against his neck, not far from where Junhong was on his stomach on the ground, a big buckled boot pressing him into the cement. Himchan was beside Yongguk on his knees. Yongguk cocked a brow at the red-head who held Jongup’s wrists tight behind the boy’s back. Yongguk could just imagine how Jongup would beat the guy’s the moment he was let go.

With each of Yongguk’s friends pinned down, he still counted five spare guys. One of them wore a long woollen trench-coat, despite the warmer weather, instead of leather and denim jackets emblazoned with their hellish icon like the rest of them. Yongguk knew just by looking at him that he was the ‘leader’ of the Hell-Raisers.

“This is Best Absolute Perfect? Didn’t put up much of a fight, did you?” The man asked as if he didn’t already know. He stood in the centre of the loose circle created by the captives. “What kind of name is that anyway?” The man turned to Yongguk.

“At least we didn’t make it up ourselves.” Daehyun snapped from where he stood, trying his best not to swallow where the blade scratched at his Adam’s apple. Yongguk had never thought of giving his team a name. Not until a client mentioned it at a meeting. It had apparently been created by one of their previous employers who used it describe their methods.

“Oh, right, you have the upper hand of modesty. Thanks for reminding me.” He scoffed, looking down at Yongguk with contempt. The leader never wanted to break someone’s face more in his life. His flexed his hands and the feeling was nice, pleasant and he wanted to feel the force of his muscles break the man’s perfect looking nose.

“And I guess you’re the Hell-Raisers then? What kind of name do you think that is?” Yongguk was worried at Daehyun’s snide comments. Himchan was a bad influence on him and Yongguk kept a keen eye on the knife as the younger spoke.

“It’s neat yeah? We good at making trouble, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like we’re as good as you. We might have to change that.” The man was beyond condescending and Yongguk didn’t understand how he was able to get angrier. Everything was just pissing him off and he had no idea how they got into the situation. The man bent down in front of Yongguk and placed his hand on the collar of the leader’s shirt, scrunching the t-shirt into his fist. He seemed to contemplate a question he’d already planned to ask.

“So…was you’re friend right?” Friend? Yongguk would never call a client his friend, especially one who would blab about their dealings. Untrustworthy people were not welcome. This guy had no idea what he was talking about. Was Jongup wrong? Were they really coming for the bikes? Yongguk didn’t try to hide his confusion and it made the guy holding his collar exhale frustratedly. “Did you take our bikes?” The man’s question was met with a defiant silence that radiated from every one of Yongguk’s team. The man sighed and waited just a little longer. Yongguk could tell that he had all the time in world but still wanted this to go quickly. “Did you take our damn bikes!?” He shook Yongguk slightly, who winced when it pressed the elbow further into his spine.

“Yeah, we took your bikes. And we sold them. Now we’re rich bastards thanks to you.” Himchan was especially cocky for someone in a choke hold and it made the man laugh. He tusked and walked over to him. He cocked his head and stared down with mock tenderness.

“Who told you it was us?” Curiosity was overpowering Yongguk. He had to know. They had done everything exactly as planned, everything went well, no one could have known.

“Well you see, when you took our bikes, we put out a reward for information. It was enough to tempt a king. Soon enough, this brunette kid came in with more info than we expected.” He paused and snickered before a slightly confused expression came over him. “What was his name again?” The man turned to his cronies but they threw with their hands and shrugged their shoulders.

The one holding Junhong tentatively put up his hand with a funny smile. “Hyungdae?” He asked as if he didn’t want to be hurt and Yongguk could see Himchan biting his tongue.

Their boss spoke from where he’d moved back into the centre of the room but a little closer to Yongguk than before. “Wasn’t it something like Yonghae?”

Yongguk’s heart stopped. It hurt. It burned. He felt as if his entire body was melting away in pain. His mind blanked. “Youngjae.” The others’ mouths dropped and Himchan could almost hear Yongguk’s being tearing in two.

“Yeah! Youngjae! That was his name. He told us he was in your group. Looks like your little friend doesn’t like you so much after all.” Yongguk wanted to break, he wanted to smash the guy’s face in for lying, he wanted to destroy the whole building and scream until his lungs were empty and in more pain than his heart. He was almost glad to have the two firm hands gripping his neck and wrists.

Yongguk didn’t know if the man hadn’t noticed his heartbreak yet or if he enjoyed it too much to stop. “You know what he said to me though?” The man crouched down in front of Yongguk again bending his neck to look in Yongguk’s eyes. He huffed before he resorted to just jerking up the leader’s chin when he didn’t look back. His breath caressed Yongguk’s face and it was foul. His teeth were unclean and he smelled of tobacco, body odour and whiskey. Yongguk resisted the temptation to spit in the man’s eyes. “He said I shouldn’t hurt you.” He poked Yongguk’s chest like he was special, telling him something that only Yongguk was good enough to hear. “To give you mercy, just you.” The man whispered to him, his breath breezing over Yongguk’s cheek and it almost made him gag from the stench.

“Obviously he doesn’t give a about the rest of you.” He exclaimed as he stood and turned back to the room. He was silent after his declaration for a short second before he turned back to Yongguk, his coat swishing when he moved. “Was he your boyfriend?” Faux surprise coloured his voice and Yongguk was ready to puke. “Were you getting some on the side?” Who did this guy think he was? He asked things so simply and suggestively like he and Yongguk were old friends. “Did you him?” The one-sided banter reminded Himchan of the way he would ask Daehyun of his ual adventures, like two teenage girls talking about their first time.

“ you.” Yongguk’s deep, gravelly voice resonated resolutely but it only enticed the feeling of defeat that was swelling inside each of them, Jongup and Junhong feeling particularly overcome at the betrayal of their hyung.

“Your boyfriend is gone, he ran away, I don’t have to keep my promise you know. And I did promise to not hurt you…severely.” As if to prove his point further one of the four spare men strode over to Yongguk and punched him clean across his cheek, the sound of knuckles beating flesh vibrated the air. Yongguk’s teeth sliced his tongue. When he regained some sense he spat out the blood, feeling proud when some of hit the henchman’s shoe. The boss watched and chuckled.

He was silent for a long while after, looking at his shoes as he twisted his feet. “I’m as indecisive as a mosquito in a blood bank.” The man laughed at his own joke but was serious in a second, staring absently over the top of Daehyun’s head. “Should I just beat you around a little? You know, send a message.” He nodded at Yongguk as if the leader had done that himself. “Or should I just kill you like my rage is really telling me to do?” When the word rage came out, he made a throttling motion that made all of their brow’s crease and Yongguk and Himchan shared a look. It was one of those ones where they knew exactly what the other was thinking.

“We’re not arch enemies you know?” Junhong gasped out the words from under the heavy boot that was the same size as his head. It worried Yongguk to see the young boy in so much trouble to breath. He had his moments of doubt for taken Junhong on – him being only 18 and all – but even though he had proved himself, Yongguk had never questioned himself more in his life.

“Oh.” Genuine disappointment sparked in the guy’s eyes and it made Yongguk growl under his breath which prompted the elbow in his back to press harder. “I was having fun with the idea.” He sighed heavily and bit his lip in concentration. Yongguk swallowed the blood in his mouth and the fire in his chest reared. Each step the man took in his pacing made his muscles tense more and he was ready for a fight.

“So what are we then?” The man spoke as if he was confused, like there was no other option than to be arch enemies, as if that was all either group should care to be.

“You’re just messy children we have to clean up after.” Himchan glared at the masked guy pinning Daehyun in front of him before his eyes flickered to the boss.

“Really? You don’t seem so great now do you?” Yongguk almost missed the small nod the boss sent around the room if he hadn’t sent Yongguk such a smarmy grin.

The elbow became sharp in his back, more so than before and it made Yongguk cry out and arch his back. His eye’s closed but he knew the expressions of his friends. They would be worried, afraid. Yongguk had always tried his hardest to be the strong one but his whole image went to at the hands of these rival idiots.

When he choked on a breath and pulled himself up a little, he heard the footfalls coming down the stairs right before a resounding snap. Splinters of wood fell just at Yongguk’s knees where he crouched and he realised too late that they came from the pool cue that had been broken across the back of his head.

His vision out and delirium was snaking its way through his veins until it reach his head. Yongguk could see sparks, like fireworks that coupled with several thumps and tingling sensations all over his body. He was actually surprised when his life didn’t flash before his eyes, that when he was swallowed by the dark he didn’t came out at a timeline of his life. He was happy though, despite the pain that still ebbed at the edges of his flashback. He never realised how those simple blissful moments could make the infinitely worse seem okay.

The boat rocked gently in its anchored spot out in the bay. It was a peaceful feeling, something to sooth Yongguk after an exhausting session of somewhat rough .  He enjoyed the heat left over in the pit of his stomach and his skin was still sensitive from his . It tingled where his body met Youngjae’s as they lay on the small bed together. There wasn’t a lot of time they could spend alone when every job took several months of intense planning but when it was finished they liked to celebrate by themselves. The others would all be partying at clubs or on holiday in some exotic country.

Youngjae’s breathing evened out and when Yongguk pressed his lips to the boy’s eyelids they fluttered but didn’t open. He was beautiful when he slept and even more so with the rosy hue of his lingering in his cheeks. Yongguk kissed the one he could see and then Youngjae’s jaw, he pressed his mouth to each part of his pretty face until he reached Youngjae’s own. Soft and sweet – like always.

Yongguk’s heart didn’t beat insanely fast when he looked at his lover; his lips didn’t go dry when he thought of him; he didn’t stumble over his words when Youngjae asked him a question; he wasn’t in that dumb kind of love. Youngjae made him comfortable and happy and that was all that was necessary.

He grunted and the sound seared his throat. Everything hurt and he didn’t want to leave that moment. He wanted to stay on that boat but the boss brought him back. Pulling his hair and yanking his neck up.

“Had enough yet? Your friends have.” Four feverish yelps and cries burst into Yongguk’s ears distorting his pounding pulse into a wicked noise. All he could do was spit with a dry mouth as his breath tried to catch up with his heart.

Blow after blow continued to burn and tear at Yongguk’s body; it was something he had never felt nor ever thought he would. They used their fists; their feet; the one with the bat swung high over his shoulder and brought it down on Yongguk’s knee. The snap echoed through the room.

“Ooh that sounds nasty. Does it hurt Yongguk-ssi?” How did he know Yongguk’s name? No one knew their names except each other. It didn’t really matter to the leader though. The thought only lasted a second before his nosed was smashed by the big one’s boot.

“Is this what’s it’s like to die?”

“I don’t know, but Youngjae might.” The stinging subsided but Yongguk thought his body was on fire. The noise around him changed, his ears were ringing but he could hear the footsteps leaving, the sound mixed with the coughing and crying of his friends. Yongguk wished they wouldn’t go not until the black swallowed him whole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And who are you?” The boy swallowed over the lump in his throat. What was he doing there? Oh right, the money. Such a big amount for something so small.

“Youngjae.” He squeaked. Why was he scared? These people weren’t half as skilled as he was. Youngjae squared his shoulders and tried to seem more confident but something was eating at his brain. No Youngjae, you DON’T feel guilty. You’re just doing what’s best for yourself. Thankfully he was good at lying to himself.

“And you know who stole our motorbikes?” The man sat in a large armchair in front of a handsome oak wood desk. It didn’t match its surroundings of a small apartment in the slums of Manila with the view of a brick wall. At least at the warehouse he could see out over half the city including the ocean.

“Yes.” Youngjae nodded once and the man mirrored him but his eyes read expectation. This was a sensitive matter to him, Youngjae could tell, and he was impatient to know. Yongguk would never have given that away though. He was calm and collected, of course he was better than this guy, the whole team was better than this guy. Youngjae thought he even looked like he was in bed, and that was a skill Youngjae was sure Yongguk had. No! Shut up Youngjae! This is a good idea, it’s a good idea, it’s a good idea. The mantra repeated again and again until he rid himself of any other thought or notion.

“Well? Spit it out.” Youngjae jumped a little when the man half-shouted.

He cleared his throat and took a deep breath. “Best Absolute Perfect.” The man hummed, he seemed happy with the answer, as if it was what he was expecting. Youngjae felt like the man had already planned for it to be them.

“I’m curious but, were you a client of theirs?” Youngjae shook his head slowly. If only. It might have been less scary for him to slink into this lair if the man had been right.

“Then how do you know?” The man cocked a brow and his head. Youngjae glanced at the two men standing either side of him. One had bright red-hair, obviously dyed with his black roots peeking out, and the other was burly and hard-looking.

“I…work with them.”

“Ah so you’re one of the six?” Various details about the group were well known. Like the fact that there were six of them, that they were the best; some people knew little bits about how they looked but most of what Youngjae had heard was wrong, warped by time eroding memory. Youngjae swallowed again but nodded. He wanted them to think he deserved that money, it would mean he could get away from stealing and the slums. Youngjae knew what he deserved – love, life and a beautiful house on the beaches of Mykonos. He was one for the luxuries.

“Well then, here’s your reward. Thank you for your help.” The men turned his neck and nodded but his eyes didn’t leave his visitor. The briefcase thunked onto the desk and one of the henchmen slid it towards Youngjae. It was his and he wouldn’t have to share. All the things he’d imagined could come true. His heart stopped for moment.

“Wait!” Why was it a second thought? It should have been one of the first things he said. He had tried too hard to stop caring. Youngjae turned in his spot to see that the man was already prepared to leave, standing between Youngjae and the door with his men waiting patiently. He turned deliberately slow with a look that told Youngjae he wasn’t worth this guy’s time.

“Um…do-don-” He coughed, looking away from the intense stare before he tried again. “Don’t hurt him.”

“Who?” The man asked boredly as he put on his jacket with the help of the big guy.

“Yongguk. The leader.” Youngjae choked over the words. He guessed it might be the last time he said them. It would probably hurt a fair amount if had to say that name again.

“And why not?”

“Because…I-I.” He wasn’t going to say that it was because he loved him. He was trying to forget that. “Please, just show him mercy. They were hired. He was just doing as he was told.”

“Hmm. I guess. I don’t see why not. I’m sure we could make enough of a point without going too far. Right?” The man knew the answer but he turned to his bodyguards nonetheless and waited for them both to silently agree. Youngjae watched as the man smiled at him and left, but with only one body guard. The big guy stayed behind to usher Youngjae out of the wretched building. He pushed him out the back door where Youngjae stumbled onto his knees from the uneven pavement.

“Have a nice day.” Youngjae grunted from the pain in his knees. His mind jolted when he realised he didn’t have the briefcase. Stupid Youngjae! You’re such a up!

A muffled bang resonated through the alleyway, and it reminded Youngjae of a silencer on a pistol. His palms and shoulders stung and realised he was on the ground, stones digging into his cheek. When did he fall? His chest was hot, like boiling water was running across both his back and torso. His ears rung and his vision blurred until he spaced out and everything went black, erasing the heat that had pain creeping up behind it.

 

 


thank you exoonly for requesting this ^-^

  • i enjoyed writing this a lot
  • it's based off the mv not the song and is very much altered and interpreted.
  • i did some pov changes so i hope its not confusing, it's a bit dodgy
  • it's longer than the other stories by about 6 pages (according to Word - it's 10)
  • i've only written (even though this might not really count) once before and it was also bangjae so hopefully this isn't too terrible
  • bangjae is a damn hard ship to sail - there are like no photos of yg and yj together!! (the one i got was the best i could find)
  • everyone must let me know what you think because if it's okay i might start accepting other requests if anyone even has them :3

p.s. thank you and i love you to all the latest subscribers and thank you guys for getting this story over 6k views ^^