Incredible (JONGLO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

this is so cheesy and just bad but here it is. for BestFriendBoyFriend. hope you like it sweetie :)


Junhong watched Jongup’s muscles ripple under his skin. He danced to the beat that only he could hear but Junhong felt as if his moves were a song in their own right. He blinked and Jongup suddenly stopped, pulling his headphones from his ears. He glanced up when Junhong opened the door. He’d been watching through the small window but Jongup had been too absorbed in the moves to realise. He smiled though when the younger, taller boy walked over to him.

“Hyung that was amazing!” Junhong’s eyes were wide with excitement and it made Jongup chuckle happily. He had the barest hint of a blush on his cheeks and quickly tried to hide when Junhong turned to get him a bottle of water out of the fridge in the corner of the practice room.

“Are you practicing now?” Jongup spoke between pants as he sat against the wall of mirrors nearest to him. He wiped the sweat from his pink forehead and took a sip from the blissfully cool bottle. Junhong shook his head though and Jongup frowned. Whenever they were in the practice room together, they would always dance even when they were tired. Junhong didn’t look like he wanted to dance at all.

“I..uh..” He chuckled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck, looking anywhere but at Jongup. “I just came to see you. Youngjae hyung said you were here." Jongup glanced away, smiling to himself before looking back. Junhong’s cheeks were tinted pink and he held his arm to him like he was scared what might happen. Jongup just patted to ground beside him and Junhong hurried over to sit down.

Jongup waited til the younger was comfortable before resting his head on Junhong’s shoulder. Their height difference was just right for it to be the most comfortable thing in the world to Jongup. Junhong was comfortable to but not because of the way they were sitting.

“Hyung?” Jongup nodded against the boy’s arm and hummed a yes. “I…I, uh…” Jongup hummed again. “I like you.” His words trailed off in a whisper so quiet that Jongup didn’t actually hear.

“What?” He sat up, looking Junhong in the eyes, to see him swallow hard and get very scared. Junhong shook his hands in front of him as he stood.

“Uh, no, it doesn’t matter.” Jongup stood as well, leaving his water on the floor and closing the gap between them.

“What is it? If it doesn’t matter than surely it won’t matter if you tell me.” Jongup felt small looking up at Junhong but it didn’t bother him, he was used to it, and in a way he kind of liked it.

“I…uh, no, it’s not important.” Junhong turned and walked out of the door. Jongup would have followed him but the younger was too stubborn when he was angry. Junhong walked through the company building to find somewhere to sit. He didn’t like how he felt, he didn’t like what he’d said, he didn’t like himself, but he did like Jongup, and all of it put together made him hurt.

Jongup was his favourite hyung; he was his favourite person in the whole world. Jongup was an incredible dancer and smiled every day. Junhong couldn’t remember being upset in Jongup’s presence ever before, or at least certainly not because of him. Junhong sighed and fell onto the nearest bench he saw in the lobby. He buried his face in his hands, fighting back the desire to cry because he felt like the biggest idiot in the world.

Junhong huffed but when he looked up to stand he saw something strange. Yongguk was standing at the front door not far from him and Jongup was a feet away on his other side. The eldest looked worried for them both but after a long minute of looking back between them he left, whispering in to Jongup’s ear as he passed and walking off to what Junhong guessed was the recording studio.

He looked at Jongup then, his cheeks burning hot. He wanted to run away again but the look in Jongup’s eyes held him in place. He the air was thick and Junhong’s breaths became laboured under that stare.

“Jongup-ah. I…” Jongup’s hand came out in front of him subconsciously and Junhong sat up straight. “I’m sorry.” Junhong’s brow creased. It pained him to hear that. Jongup had nothing to be sorry for, or at least Junhong didn’t believe he did. There was something in the elder’s small eyes that had him wonder though. Jongup stepped closer and Junhong could see the worry etched into his expression.

“Why?” He his lip and Jongup looked at his feet as his cheeks flushed pink.

“Why not?” He laughed awkwardly but Junhong didn’t smile. Jongup huffed. “I guess…I guess I should have said this sooner.” He chewed on the inside of his mouth and spoke to his feet. “I like you Junhong-ah. I don’t want you to be upset.” He glanced up, not moving his head, to see how Junhong reacted but the younger was looking away fighting a smile.

“You should have.” Junhong looked back over his shoulder, trying to hide the small blush in his cheeks as he felt Jongup step closer again. When he glanced back, Jongup was showing off his signature grin and Junhong felt himself melting into his feelings for the elder. Junhong looked at him curiously for a second though and Jongup had a cutely confused expression to match. “What did Yongguk-hyung say to you?” Jongup chuckled.

“He said to take care of you.” He laughed again and the sound was brilliant to Junhong. Jongup stepped even closer though, closing that small distance between them, and entwined their fingers together. “But I don’t I need to.” His eyes disappeared as he smiled before pushing up on his tiptoes to kiss the tip of Junhong’s nose. He smiled at the effect of it when Junhong collapsed into him, wrapping his warm arms around Jongup’s neck and laying their cheeks together. Jongup held him tight around the waist  and they stayed there for a moment, enjoying each other’s presence in a better way than they had for so long.