Heaven (BANGHIM)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

I would have finished this sooner, but I went to a friend's house. Also I  actually wrote two of these, the second is a lot shorter, and you can find it here:


 

Yongguk let his eyelids close, washing him in a darkness of no particular colour. He drifted in a weightlessness he did not feel often and silently rejoiced in the experience. In the dark, that he knew was really late-afternoon, he could feel how his senses heightened. Touch became so much stronger, the feather-filled pillow beneath his head almost tickling his neck. He could hear all the hushed and muffled sounds of the world outside his room, the footsteps moving from the kitchen to the lounge room, the cars driving passed the house. Yongguk could feel himself sinking deeper into the soft mattress the longer he let himself rest. His muscles were thankful for the moment of immobility and he let out a pleasured sigh when he spread his limbs to reach each of the four sides of his queen size bed. He felt taller than usual, being so stretched out, but it was a nice feeling when it accompanied the relieved ache of his body. Yongguk’s nose twitched and the light scent of the blossoming flowers filtered in through the window and mingled with the smell of just cooked food that slipped in under the door. He couldn’t discern what the food was but it made his mouth water and the echo of his stomach rumbled into the air.
 
He let out a heavy breath and made to stand, cursing the way the slight movements awoke the discomfort of a long day’s work, but the sound of determined footfalls made his eyes shoot open. The hand that curled around the edge of the door, entering first before the body, gave Yongguk an idea. He shut his lids tightly, but softly enough to feign sleep, and slumped back into the bed.
 
“Yongguk? We haven’t been home long enough for you to be asleep already.” The shadow on Yongguk’s eyes shifted at the same time the bed dipped away from him. Himchan’s finger jabbed at his rib cage and Yongguk couldn’t help his smile when he grunted and twisted his torso away. “Aish, Bbang. See what you make me do?” The shadow shifted again and Yongguk felt another jab, this time in his shoulder. “Dinner will be ready soon, lazy.” He could hear the smile in Himchan’s voice and forced him to peek at Himchan with one eye. “You coming?”
 
He could tell how silly he was, being the elder of the two, but Yongguk shook his head like a petulant child and as Himchan stood, Yongguk pulled back on his wrist and caught Himchan in his arms. The chuckle that reverberated through Himchan’s body sent a shiver through Yongguk. It was a wonderful sound that he could never get enough of. Yongguk wrapped his limbs around Himchan’s body - his arms around the slim torso and legs around the smooth thighs.
 
“Aish, Yongguk! What are you doing?” Himchan tried to wriggle out of the embrace but his elbows were clasped tightly and he could barely tap at Yongguk’ knees. The elder buried his face in Himchan’s neck, inhaling the sweet and very manly scent that lingered on Himchan’s body, his skin, his clothes – it was intoxicating. He let his fingers wander across Himchan’s stomach under his shirt, his taught abs, and felt the silky skin there. He took in every inch and aspect of the man in his arms until he let out a satisfied sigh into Himchan’s shoulder blade.
 
“Let’s sleep.” The murmur was swallowed by Himchan’s milky skin but he heard it nonetheless.
 
“Now? No! Dinner first.” Yongguk grunted and held for a long moment but begrudgingly released Himchan who jumped away and spun to face him. To Yongguk’s surprise, he wasn’t mad, or angry, there wasn’t even a hint of it. His expression was gentle with a subtle smile curving his mouth. “Come on.” He held out his hand but Yongguk could tell how Himchan braced himself in case Yongguk was going to be rebellious again.
 
“Fine.” Yongguk grumbled but swung his legs off the side opposite to where Himchan was standing and rounded the bed with his hand outstretched; searching for the warm fingers it held only a minute before. “What did you make?”
 
“Leftovers. Just the kimchi stew you made last night.” Himchan wrapped Yongguk’s fingers in his palm and led him out into the kitchen and to the small dining table. On top of a heat-proof wooden board was a medium sized pot with a misted lid. Yongguk could smell the delicious food before he saw it and his stomach grumbled louder. It was even better in a bowl in front of him where he could taste it. The stew was just as good, if not better than, the first time and he ate it quickly along with two more serves after that. Himchan simply watched with a curious eye and raised brow as he poked at his own. To signal he was finished, Yongguk pushed his bowl away and sat back with a sigh. The dishes were done just as quickly and it took no time at all for Yongguk to be lying back on the bed. He was tempting sleep with his lids closed to the night sky that peeked in from the large window. He'd taken the short moment to change his clothes into a pair of sweats, leaving his chest bear against the tepid breeze that filtered in with the moonlight.
 
The shadow above didn't shift but he felt the presence of another body before he had proof it was there. The dip of the mattress and soft lips against Yongguk's eye lids confirmed his suspicions and they fluttered after the lifting pressure, revealing Himchan's figure that was milky in the dim light. He had already changed into a t-shirt and shorts and Yongguk wondered how he'd missed that occurring.
 
"Do you still want to cuddle?" Yongguk didn't have to move himself much, since Himchan was already so close and they were above the covers, to be able to wrap his arms around the younger's waist and snuggle into his subtly protruding collarbones. He mumbled and hummed but Himchan didn't need a more coherent answer than that. Yongguk's body relaxed into a jelly-like state while his heart drummed in his chest the moment Himchan's arms s around him. Yongguk wasn't a particularly curious person but sometimes he did wonder at how his life had turned out. He had a good job, a nice house and a fancy car. All of it gave him stress and he was never completely rid of his tension until he felt Himchan's embrace. Himchan was Yongguk's saving grace every day, every moment. The mere thought of the younger man could vanquish a thousand worries and bring a smile to Yongguk's usually frowning lips. No one really knew how Yongguk felt about Himchan because he never knew how to describe it. The warmth of Himchan's body could change Yongguk's mood in a heartbeat, the touch of Himchan's lips to Yongguk's never failed to blow the elder's mind, the intense love that Himchan spoke with only his look always, always, sent a shiver through Yongguk's body and reminded him of every reason he ever had for loving the younger man.
 
Yongguk jolted from his thoughts when Himchan's finger tips grazed the elder's forehead, tracing meaningless patterns along his cheek, his jaw, brushing over his lips. It was strange how that sensation was so powerful when it was someone else. When Himchan touched Yongguk it was electrifying, not the numb nothing that accompanied one's touch to their own skin. 
 
It didn't take long for Himchan's low and even breathing to find Yongguk's ears. Himchan was usually asleep first, mostly untroubled by his days events. Yongguk lifted the man cautiously, pulling on the blanket beneath until he could place it across the slumbering body. Tucking Himchan in was not a new experience but Yongguk's heart still faltered at the sight of such a serene and handsome face. He pecked Himchan's nose, then his cheek, and his lips, wishing him a silent goodnight and to his back.
 
Yongguk tucked himself under the covers as well, searching blindly for Himchan's hand that grasped his tightly even in sleep. His hand felt more alive than the rest of him with the extra warmth and Yongguk was comforted by it. Himchan made Yongguk feel like everything was worth suffering for. It didn't matter that there was good and bad. He made Yongguk feel as though suffering every possible pain imaginable was a simple thing to do in the face of this love they had.
 
Yongguk squeezed gently on the hand in his, knowing that he never wanted to let it go, that he would never leave unnecessarily, that he would never let his love stray even the shortest distance.