Wake Up Call (DAEJAE)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

This is an apology update. I'm so sorry. I've lost all motivation for writing lately and this was a spur of the moment idea. I hope it's satisfying enough for you all. Please forgive me. I'll need more time to work on the other one shots.


 

The gun shook in his hands, threatening to drop to the floor as his glassy were trained on the floor. His heart thumped in his ears with the shot still ringing in harmony. It brought the curses and shouts to silence; Youngjae on the bed looking like a distressed mime. He blinked a few times but it was too late. It was done.

The gun was in free fall before it clattered, breaking Daehyun from his reverie. He blinked again, tears rolling to the tip of his nose as he glanced to his trembling hands still stuck out in front of him. “WHAT THE ING ?” Youngjae’s shriek pierced his ears and he cringed. It made the red in his vision burn brighter until he felt the sting in his palm that matched the painful red blooming on Youngjae’s cheek.

What?

He backed up – Youngjae’s shock reverberating through his bones. He glanced at his hands and curled them into fists. Then he caught the sight of what he’d done. Not to Youngjae but to the man slumped on the floor, his brains decorating the curtains like a gruesome haphazard print. Daehyun took in a shay breath as his gaze met the man’s. Lifeless eyes stared into his soul, consumed his secrets and spat out his sanity.

What the ?

He staggered and fell backwards, and palms hitting the floor but the pain was non-existent. At least, not in comparison to the pain of his heart that beat like the wheels of a train. Through the pain though he watched Youngjae stand and slip hurriedly his boxers on followed by his no longer white t-shirt. Daehyun’s mouth became sticky as the swearing and screaming shot through his mind like tiny daggers and he wiped furiously at the wetness on his cheeks.

His feet were surprisingly steady when he got to his feet and charged over to Youngjae, grabbing the younger’s collar and shaking him. He sobbed as he spoke. “Why!? ing why!? I love you!” Youngjae began to sob as well and his tears dripped from his chin. “I would have given you my life! And this is what you do for me!? You bring a stranger into o- no! My bed!” His voice was a roar with emotion as he pushed his finger into his own chest.

It was Youngjae’s turn to drop to the floor. Shock and pain was creating an ignitable mix in the both of them and Daehyun was just waiting for the explosion. His chest heaved with heavy breath as he stared down at the body. “Who was he?” Daehyun’s voice was dark but steady, his brows furrowing.

Youngjae’s blubbering faltered and he looked up to Daehyun’s chest. He had to choke back several sobs, speaking between them, as he formed his sentences. “I...He w-was j...just a g-guy…fr-rom work.” He his sticky lips before glancing into Daehyun’s fierce eyes. “B-but I s-swear he never me-eant anything to me!”

The elder’s eyes closed for a short moment before his lids slid open to

He grabbed onto the taller, skinnier and very dead man. The body was heavy but Daehyun was managing – certainly until Youngjae grabbed onto his arm, screaming again, and he dropped the curly head intruder to the floor with a wild groan.

“What the hell are you doing Daehyun?!” Youngjae’s cheeks were puffy, red and damp. It only made the elder angrier. Who the was he to cry like that? When he was the one having the time of his life ing another man in Daehyun’s bed?

A low growl tore from his throat and Youngjae jumped back a step. “I’m getting rid of him.” Youngjae made to speak but Daehyun cut him off. “NO!” His outburst frightened Youngjae into absolute silence. “Help me!” With the two of them carrying the tall man to the bathroom – and despite the struggle to wrap him in the shower curtain – Daehyun decided it was much easier than if he’d done it on his own. It was also much easier to get him out of the small motel-like apartment and into the boot of the car.

“!” Daehyun was dying inside. “WHY THE ?!” He couldn’t shut the boot and Youngjae’s blubbering was wearing his patience thinner than he could ever have imagined. “ING HELP ME JAE THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM TOO!” His sneers and shouts were whipping the whimpering Youngjae into hysterics but his was sane enough to listen to his boyfriend. They shoved and pushed – Youngjae crying loudly when he heard a few bones snap – until the body fit snugly like a finished puzzle.

“Get in.” Daehyun commanded as he got in behind the wheel. He didn’t know what to do just yet but as Youngjae’s door shut, he made the decision to go as far as he could. And he did.

They drove until sundown – Youngjae sleeping in the back seat and Daehyun with his seat lowered – and continued the next morning at dawn. Daehyun drove and drove, refusing any suggesting to stop or rest as he tried to get as far as he possibly could. He drove out and into the country, not stopping until the dotting of trees turned to thick wood and suburbia turned into the realm of the uninhabited.

When the car rolled to a stop, Youngjae was suddenly alert again. His face was still puffy and red but the tears were dry and the sobs silent. “Get out.” Youngjae scrambled to follow orders as Daehyun rounded the car to pop the boot. He sighed and rubbed his face harshly.

“W-what are w-we doing here?”

Daehyun glared at Youngjae before tugging on the man’s upper torso. “Just help me.” The younger swallowed hard but helped Daehyun to half-drag, half-carry his lover to the edge of the lake they’d driven to. It was murky and brown and they were at an edge where the water was deep.

Daehyun let out a shaky breath and started collecting large, heavy rocks. He lumped them in a pile by the dead boy’s feet and pulled a roll of string from his pocket. “We need to tie up the curtain and weigh him down with these.”

Youngjae’s eyes widened as he stared. “You’ve done this before haven’t you?” Daehyun stopped all movement. His eyes didn’t leave the dirtied, unkempt toes of Youngjae’s lover as he spoke.

“Tie him up…please.” He hesitated before continuing and breaking the string into the right amount of pieces. His heart was racing fast in his ears as every thought and memory of his life with Youngjae flittered across his vision like a home movie. So much love. So much pain. He was feeling it all and it only got more and more intense until they were finally finished.

Youngjae had silent tears rolling back down his nose as they pushed the body into the water with quiet splash. He brushed them away though before Daehyun looked at him with a scolding gaze.

“B-baby I’m...I’m s-sorry. H-he’s gone now th-though…so, so w-we’re oka-kay right?” He stuttered and mumbled, not meeting the elder’s eyes even as he took the steps until their chests were flush together.

Daehyun shook his head, his features still icy but there was something else in his eyes. “It doesn’t matter now.” He brushed his fingers over Youngjae’s arms, the younger finding no comfort in that gaze. His hysterics were building again as he fumbled with his words.

“D-Dae I s-swear I’m sor-rry. It ne-never meant anything.” He began to sob. “I l-love you s-so much. P-please forgive m-me.” Daehyun shook his head and closed his eyes. Youngjae’s words were slicing his heart in swift motions. He could feel himself bleeding from the inside, his blood like acid as it ate up his soul.

Youngjae’s breathing became harsh and cracked, strangled sobs choking up his throat as tears rolled onto Daehyun’s white knuckles. The younger’s eyes rolled backwards and his cheeks turned purple until his whole body became limp. He fell to the ground with thud and Daehyun fought back as a sob as he snatched up the string and walked back to the car.