Bonus (JONGLO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

A few of you asked for this so ta-dah! Sequel to 'Let Me Love You' ^-^ it's short and sweet, enjoy~! <3 (......pssst don't forget to vote and comment :3)


Jongup flicked through the channels on his TV, glancing repeatedly at his mobile phone and trying to force it to ring with his mind. He was waiting desperately for Junhong to call; he wanted to know what happened – if anything happened – with Yongguk. Junhong had promised Jongup before he left the younger boy’s apartment that he would confront the elder man. Jongup made him promise. But not for the obvious selfish reason that he was in fact in love with his best friend but instead for Junhong’s sake. It was not healthy for the heart to be cheated on.

Junhong had told him that Friday was the day he would act. Friday was Yongguk’s good day, when he was happiest to be with Junhong and actually treated him like the boyfriend he was meant to be. Friday was also the day that Junhong would call Jongup to tell him how it went but the sun had set and Jongup’s phone remained where he had placed it that morning.

Several times he had the temptation to go over to his friend’s apartment but refrained, this wasn’t a situation he could interrupt, Junhong had to be able to look after himself and he would never forgive Jongup if the elder treated him like a baby at such a crucial moment.

Jongup’s heart contracted when the phone suddenly burst out with Secret’s ‘Poison’ as the ringtone. He dashed for it, almost dropping it before he pressed it quickly to his ear when he accepted the call. “Junhong-ah!? Are you okay!?” A rough sigh greeted him but it wasn’t Junhong.

“Jongup-ah. Is Junhong with you?” Yongguk’s voice was strained as if he was trying not to sound angry or even simply trying not to yell into the phone. Jongup’s heart sank at the words. Junhong was lost? Of course he would run out on Yongguk but he wouldn’t be lost. A few of Junhong’s favourite places flickered through his mind, only one of which Yongguk didn’t know about.

“No. Have you tried the Ferris Wheel?” Yongguk grunted as a ‘yes’ and it made Jongup agitated for some reason – a rare sensation. The whole conversation had the vibe that Yongguk didn’t think this was his fault. What angered Jongup even was the music he could hear in the background of the call, like Yongguk was outside a club.

“What about the ice cream parlour in that alleyway?” Another grunt and another wave of frustration. Jongup bit his tongue before he suggested that place; Yongguk didn’t deserve to know it.  Jongup prayed that in their two years together, Junhong had never told him where it was.

“I have no clue then hyung because he isn’t here. He would be already if he had planned to come to me.” Yongguk grunted for a third final time and Jongup’s ear was met with the monotonous beep that signalled he was hung up on.

Jongup was quick to get his jacket and shoes on, leaving the TV on some random reality show, and left for the single place Yongguk would never think of in any lifetime – the skate park. It was Junhong’s secret love. A passion only few knew about because most people disapproved. Junhong stopped telling people about how much he loved so anyone knew he met would just never know.

He’d wanted to become a pro but was shot down by everyone he knew, except Jongup. He was told to get a life, to get a real dream, to snap out of his fantasies and Jongup admired how that had never stopped the younger from going to the skate park at least once a week to play on  his board. Junhong never spent long at the park because he wasn’t sure what excuse he could make to Yongguk.

Jongup jumped two at a time down the staircase of his apartment block. He ran out the front doors and down the street as quickly as possible. It had been a long time since he had actually gone to the skate park but it wasn’t difficult for him to remember the way and it was easy when he began to recognise his surroundings.

He let out a relieved sigh when he caught sight of Junhong sitting on rail. He was staring at his foot while he pushed his skate board back and forward with it. As he got closer, Jongup started to see the red tint to his cheek, his swollen eyelids and all the hurt that swam in the tears already pooling in his eyes. It cut Jongup in half to see how pained Junhong was and his feet moved faster in his worry for his best friend.

“Junhong-ah!” He was still a little far away but he wanted Junhong to know he was there. It helped a bit because Junhong smiled softly to him when he found the man that went with the voice. “How long have you been here?” Jongup would have guessed it would have been a while since it was about 6pm and Yongguk had been drinking before he bothered to call.

“A little while. I think the sun was there when I got here.” He pointed straight up. That was why he had never called. Junhong had been too busy distracting himself with skating. Jongup sat beside him and his hand tingled where it gently touched Junhong’s as they both clutched the rail.

“Yongguk-hyung called me. He sounded mad.” Jongup wanted to get straight to the point but he did it cautiously. He knew Junhong could be stubborn so confronting the boy was never a good idea; he would just close up like crab in its shell. Junhong hummed as a reply and let out a heavy sigh. It took him a while but he looked at Jongup before he spoke.

“I think it’s safe to say I’m not going back. He shouted a lot. He said it was my fault. He told me that I didn’t love him enough.” A tear rolled down the side of Junhong’s nose and he sniffed. Junhong spoke each sentence on its own, pausing to think over the details. “He said I loved you more than him. That I might as well be with you.”

Junhong didn’t look away as he spoke but Jongup did. His mind blanked but filled with so many fantasies in an instant. He forced away the smile he had at the idea of actually being with Junhong. He pushed away the thoughts of holding his hand as they walked, kissing his lips when Junhong was being cute, brushing away his fringe while he slept – desires he’d had for a long time already.

“Then why don’t you?” He looked away and closed his eyes. Jongup held his breath trying so hard to pretend he hadn’t said that and praying that maybe Junhong hadn’t heard him. He heard the skateboard stop moving and he peeked at his friend’s foot with one eye. In his peripheral, he watched Junhong retract his hand so that it wasn’t touching Jongup’s anymore. The pressure of disappointment poked Jongup in the stomach.

He turned all the way back to Junhong and saw how he sat with his hands together and his head down, a small smile playing on his pink lips. Jongup didn’t what sparked in his chest but it made the whole world glow when Junhong glanced at him, the smile widening just a little. Jongup’s hand warmed when Junhong placed one of his own on top, it felt more alive than the rest of him and all he wanted was for the feeling to spread.

He looked down at their hands and flipped his over, entwining their fingers. “I love you Junhong-ah.” The boy gently squeezed their hands and Jongup was ready to faint from happiness.

“I love you too hyung.”