Come Back (BANGLO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

for Mischievous_Puppet ^-^ this is your first request from a while ago. sorry i was so late :( and that it's a bit short :/ i hope you like it thought ^-^

and everyone please don't forget, i will close requests again soon when i reach 15 (i said 20 before but it doesn't seem anyone wants to request)

Come Back by AA


“Hyung?” Junhong toed the elder’s foot with his own under the table. He wanted to act coy, to look cute and shy. He was worried he was trying too hard but his hyung hardly noticed.

“Mm.” He hummed as he sipped the fresh coffee just served to their table.

“What do you like about me?” Junhong bumped his knees against the other’s this time, trying to get him to look. He did.

“Hmm? OH.” He chuckled shyly. “Uh, I…I like how you can ride a skateboard and you’re a really determined person. Plus we like the same music.” He chuckled again but with more confidence.

“Ah! Jongup-hyung, that’s not what I meant!” Junhong huffed and leant back in his chair. “What makes me…attractive? What makes you love me?” Junhong blushed. He wasn’t usually so brazen but things had him thinking lately and he was curious.

“Oh.” Jongup’s cheeks blazed red and he straightened up in his chair, staring at his fingers as he stretched them around his mug. “I…uh…do we have to talk about this? It’s embarrassing.” Jongup glanced around the café to see if anyone was listening to them but his eyes popped when he saw the sad look on Junhong’s face.

“Junhonggie.” Jongup smiled and after a long second started to wiggle his eyebrows. He played with his facial expressions just long enough for Junhong to laugh and brighten up.

Yongguk stared over the menu he held up to hide his face. Junhong chuckled as Jongup said something that Yongguk couldn’t hear. He sneered at how happy the scene was, like something from a movie. It made him sick. It made him hate them both; especially Junhong. He hated the boy for leaving him, he hated him for finding someone else so easily and he hated him for existing.

Junhong laughed loudly again and the sound snuck its way into Yongguk’s mind.

Of course he didn’t hate Junhong. Everything about him was perfect. His smile, his laugh, his tenderness, every single flaw and vulnerability was something Yongguk treasured. Junhong was everything Yongguk wanted but he had slipped away from him.

It was Yongguk’s fault, he knew it but he didn’t admit it to himself. Junhong was the one to leave; he was the one to say it was over. Yongguk could only watch as the boy left each part of his life one by one, their only connection a few shared friends.

That was how he had discovered about Jongup. A friend had mentioned it casually to the elder but his mind had stuck on it. He had let his lips say the words he did not feel though. He didn’t want them to be happy, no matter how many times he told someone. He wanted to Junhong to be sad, to miss him, he wanted Junhong take him back because Yongguk as the best that he deserved. Jongup was younger than Yongguk but he wasn’t half the man.

Junhong laughed again and Yongguk’s attention pulled from Jongup. His eyes graced over Junhong’s expression; the way his hair touched his eyebrows, his eyes crinkling in a smile, his lips pulling up, his structured jaw revealing his slender neck as the boy threw his head back.

Each part of Junhong was a fresh wound in Yongguk’s body as his stare bored holes into the movie-like happiness.

The smiley couple’s food arrived then and Yongguk forced his eyes away. He couldn’t stare at them forever, he knew the waitress was already suspicious of him. He hadn’t tried to explain himself in fear of making it worse. Instead he ordered like a regular customer and kept to himself.

When the other two were finished eating, Yongguk was also. It wasn’t much longer before they seemed to be moving, choosing to leave then. Yongguk got up and paid before leaving the café just as they had a little before him. He followed them for a little, not wanting to give himself away, until he found just the right moment.

He could tell from his distance that Jongup had excused himself to go to the bathroom and Junhong was going to wait for him. When the former disappeared Yongguk jogged over and took Junhong’s wrist, twisting the boy to face him so that he could speak.

“What the hell!?” Junhong was dumbfounded but Yongguk paid no mind.

“Your smile.” Yongguk tighened his hold on Junhong’s wrist just a bit as he half-shouted at the boy squirming in his grip. Junhong suddenly stopped and looked to the elder with a confused expression.

“What?” Junhong tried to shake Yongguk’s hand from his arm.

“Your smile is one of the things that makes you attractive. It’s one of the things that makes me love you.” Yongguk emphasised that last three words and Junhong’s confusion fell into a deep crease between his brows. His lips formed a pout and Yongguk felt all his control surge through him as he tried his hardest not to reach over and kiss the boy.

“I didn’t ask you that.” Junhong spoke quietly but defiantly. He was getting angry. His eyes were glistening and Yongguk’s heart ached even more for him yet he could see the resistance in them.

“Does that matter?” Yongguk just wanted the boy to see, to see him the way he was, the way he used to see the elder. He wanted Junhong to look at him with love not with anger. He wanted Junhong to stop struggling against his hold and instead welcome it.

“It matters because it’s not you.” Yongguk felt a knife slice through him. He knew Junhong didn’t mean the question.

“But it could be…again.” Yongguk wanted it so much, for Junhong to be his, for him to belong to Junhong. He needed it, he craved it. But every part of Junhong was screaming ‘no’. His eyes looked furious and hurt, his frustrated pulling and tearing eyes, the way his breaths turned into soft half-hysterical cries. He looked like a frightened five year old trying to get out of their father’s grip before they were spanked. That was not what Yongguk wanted.

“It won’t. Ever.”  Yongguk finally dropped Junhong’s wrist but the boy didn’t run, he just stared with an expression full of pain.

Yongguk wasn’t ready to give up though. “I still want you Junhong-ah, I want you back. Why can’t you just give us a chance!?” They had attracted a few stares from passers-by but that’s all they were, people in the background, flitting shadows that Yongguk couldn’t pay attention to if he tried.

“I did!” Junhong took two steps back as he shook his head. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. That wasn’t the way Yongguk wanted to see him. He wanted to see his smile, to hear his laugh. He just wanted to make the boy happy.

“Don’t they say everyone deserves a second?” Yongguk was ready to get on his knees, he already felt like he was begging. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could stop himself from crumbling into pieces. He needed Junhong, he needed him to be happy, to live, he wanted to make Junhong happy. He wanted to protect the boy and love him as much as his heart could. All he could do was pray and hope that he would hear would hear what he wanted.

“You don’t.” Junhong spat the words like they were venom. Yongguk was scared for the boy he was watching walk away. He didn’t recognise him. Had Yongguk done that? Had his mistakes twisted the boy so badly? It was obvious to him then that any chance he could have had was tossed to the ground and crushed under heavy boots.