Breathe (JONGLO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

Christmas Present~! :) yuh168 this is for you :D

Also the song is Breathe by Beast (+)


Jongup let the air slip in and out of him almost effortlessly. It was difficult at first and he had to think hard in order to regulate his breathing but the longer he stayed in the room, the easier it was. At no point though did Jongup feel comfortable. His eyes wouldn't leave the younger boy, who's dancing literally took his breath away with every roll and twist of the other's body. Jongup could feel himself buzzing, itching to dance along with the boy in front of him and it was difficult to hold back. He was mesmerised but could already feel the way his muscles would pull across his tendons and bones. His stomach tightened when the kid showed off a smooth and powerful hip , stitching it effortlessly into the rest of his performance.

The four trainees - Jongup, Himchan, Yongguk and Youngjae - hadn't been there long but they were already lost in the skills of this year younger boy called Junhong. Himchan bumped Jongup's elbow with his crossed arms and the younger looked up to Himchan's delighted eyes. He was grinning.

"Reminds me of when we were introduced to you." Jongup and Youngjae had joined TS at almost the same time. When they were waiting together to meet Yongguk and Himchan, as well as the CEO and their new manager, the two boys had inquired into each other's skills. Everyone they'd been waiting for happened to walk in just before Jongup's turn and as he explained the situation the CEO requested him to continue - something to which Jongup did not refuse.

It wasn’t the first time he’d seen Junhong. Jongup had seen him a lot since they’d made awkward eye contact that first time walking past each other. Jongup’s throat had gotten thicker with every second he continued to think about the shy smile the younger had given him. This time, Jongup watched Junhong pop and twist and crump to a quick beat, mixing the different dance styles seamlessly. When the boy was finished the group clapped and Junhong blushed as he panted from the impromptu performance. He pulled on the front of his shirt, puffing it in and out as a makeshift fan.

"You can close your mouth now Jongup-ah, you might start drooling." Yongguk looked teasingly at the now second youngest of the group and pressed the pad of his index finger lightly to the underside of Jongup's jaw. Jongup closed his lips with a quiet smack as their leader moved off to compliment the new kid. Jongup wasn’t sure how red his cheeks went but he cupped them with his palms, pretending to rub his face to hide the flare.

Jongup followed Yongguk and the others to the new guy, knowing that what his hyungs did; he should too. He made tentative steps towards the group and their teacher who were all congratulating Junhong with an uproar. But when he finally stood close to Junhong, his body shut down again and he found his lungs aching for air. Seeing someone up close is very different from across the room and Jongup felt the magnitude of Junhong's appearance increase tenfold. Jongup had noticed him in the conference rooms but not quite like this, not in a way that made his stomach tingle. Junhong’s shiny black hair was stuck to his forehead in a sweaty sheen and his chest heaved as he caught his breath. Junhong’s slender figures clutched his waist while his arms fanned out and his tall figure made Jongup feel a little intimated when it was coupled with Junhong’s dancing. Junhong's skin was pale, smooth and soft looking with none of the apparent marks that puberty usually left in its wake.

Junhong didn't live in the dorm yet and this was their first of many practices together before debut. Jongup was afraid to spend so much time together but he guessed that it could be beneficial; he couldn't tell whether it was the butterflies of a first encounter raging in his body or if it was something else. Jongup prayed that it was the former.

Jongup took his last step forward. A shy smile slipped onto Junhong's lips when his gaze met his new hyung's. Jongup straightened himself and stuck out his hand awkwardly allowing Himchan to introduce Junhong.

They hadn't formally gotten to know to each other before the four trainees walked in on the dance teacher requesting to see a small demonstration of the new boy's skills. Jongup and his hyungs had just returned from Malaysia and they had discovered a new trainee had started while they were away. The CEO told them to meet him a.s.a.p. since their soon to be five-member boy band was now assembled. What scared him the most was that now Jongup was faced with the challenge of having to talk to Junhong – in spite of his inability to speak. Jongup felt Yongguk's heavy hand fall to his shoulder and pull him forward a little. An apprehensive smile graced Jongup's lips as the leader spoke.

"This is Jongup, he's only a year or so older than you." Yongguk stepped away and gestured to Jongup, signalling the need for words. Jongup could feel his mouth open and close as his mind fumbled for the right thing to say. He knew it should have been simple and he cursed himself for how hard it seemed.

"U-uh... Hi." Strangled words escaped him and Jongup beat himself internally for stuttering. He wanted to be confident and cool in front this new kid. He maintained his smile and knew it looked slightly pained but it was better than the scowl he wanted to show. His hyungs knew him to be the quiet and occasionally funny one but they never understood the emotional turmoil that flittered through his brain every so often. In that moment it hit him particularly hard.

Some sort of foreign feeling was awakening inside of Jongup. It was new but it felt familiar in that he might have seen others feel it. He had this urge to take one of Junhong’s hands from his waist and hold it with his own. He could imagine himself lying beside Junhong and he could imagine how the boy’s smile would be shy but not with that of a first meeting. He imagined how Junhong’s heartbeat would sound like – the slow tempo of its resting pace compared to the rough fast beating it took on when he danced. He could imagine how Junhong's eyes would change when they looked at him, as if Jongup was all they could see.

So many practices, meetings, meals, every waking moment passed as Jongup imagined different things about Junhong, things he wouldn’t know unless the boy allowed him to. Jongup knew it was wrong to think the way he did and he focused as much on forgetting his band member as much as he worked on preparing for their debut. Jongup was even approached by the leader for accusations of ignoring and avoidance. He just hoped that all the while Junhong wouldn’t notice what was happening to Jongup.

He was mostly worried though that Yongguk might be the one to know what was going on behind Jongup's goofy smile with his usually keen sense for the maknaes’ feelings. He figured the best way to keep the leader from being suspicious was to just talk about it.

"Hyung?" Yongguk hummed, searching for a pen and paper amongst the pile of Jongup's text books on their shared desk. Jongup was dying to get the words out before the elder snuck away to write lyrics to songs that might never be produced. Whenever he started, he wouldn’t stop until he’d written out his entire mind’s worth.

"Say you like someone.....that you see a lot....wh-what would you do about it?" Yongguk looked up at him, his expression a mixture of confusion, surprise and worry. Jongup guessed that he might have to answer more questions than he was going to ask by the way Yongguk stood there for a long silent while until he moved slowly to sit opposite Jongup at the dining table.

"Is…is this person...older?" Jongup looked down at his fingers and blushed. He had said he wouldn't mind dating someone older but Junhong was most certainly younger than Jongup. His stomach bubbled with worry that if he said yes, Yongguk would know without a doubt who he spoke of. He had no intention of trying to hide that this question was about him but he had every intention of hiding who his feelings were for. Yongguk took his hesitation as an awkward yes though rather than the contemplative no that it was. “Well…I think…you should talk to them about it…alone.” Yongguk sighed heavily and ran a hand through his mid-length black hair. “Jonguppie.” His tone told Jongup that this was not what Yongguk had expected to be incorporated into his leadership role. “You’re only sixteen. You should tell her you like her, but leave it at that. You should get used to being an idol first.” Yongguk’s wisdom was somewhat lack lustre with his advice. Of course he'd assumed Jongup liked a girl, maybe one of the Secrect seniors by the way Yongguk spoke.

The elder shifted in his chair and Jongup’s posture signalled that the conversation was over. Yongguk seemed glad as he hurried off to write. Jongup sighed and didn’t notice how their youngest member slid into the chair beside him.

“Is something wrong hyung?” Jongup jumped, almost standing from his chair and calming his heart by placing his palm flat against his chest.

“Ah.” His gaze danced frantically around the room, landing on Yongguk who looked on them fondly but his face changed when he caught Jongup’s eyes and he took on a more surprised and knowing look. Several profanities ran through Jongup’s thoughts when he quickly turned back to the only member he could call his dongsaeng. “Uh, no, not wrong Junhong, just uh, stressful.” Junhong hummed and glanced at his fingers, entangling them and twisting them, reminding Jongup of the way the boy danced.

“It is stressful; maybe once we debut it won’t be so difficult because we’ll be doing something other than practicing. And we’ll get to see our fans.” Junhong’s face brightened with the last word and Jongup could feel his body tingle with…jealousy? How could he possibly be jealous of people that didn’t even know they existed yet?

“That’s not…it doesn’t matter.” Jongup moved to stand but so did Junhong and he held onto the elder boy’s wrist. Jongup’s breath caught in his throat and his chest stilled, sending a spark of pain down his spine.

“It does…hyung. It matters.” Junhong’s eyes were soft but serious and Jongup tried his best to seal his lips but the feelings he’d poorly supressed were bursting from his mouth. His breath wavered, shuddering as it left him.

“Junhong-ah…I…” His head dropped. He couldn’t talk if he was able to see Junhong. “I like you. That’s what's stressful. It only matters because you’re here…all the time.” Jongup’s eyes dampened and he dared to look up. Junhong simply stood there, still and statuesque. Jongup’s heart drummed and drowned any possibility of hearing except for the close to silent footsteps of Yongguk backing into their room, his frown showing as much shock as Junhong was with his whole body.

“Re-really hyung? I…” Junhong was trembling ever so slightly that Jongup almost didn’t notice. He wouldn’t have, if the boy wasn’t holding onto him so tightly. Junhong’s grip was turning his knuckles white and Jongup’s wrist blue. Jongup nodded with his head still low. He shifted when Junhong let out a deep and relieved breath.

“Well, isn’t it better you told me? It doesn’t have to be so stressful now hyung.” Junhong’s lips were ghosted by a smile and Jongup felt his own do the same.

“Why…why is that?”

“I thought you might have noticed." Junhong chuckled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. "I’m not so good at hiding things.” Junhong’s cheeks turned the colour of roses and he his lips. “I like you too hyung.”

“What!?” Himchan’s roaring voice interrupted the thoughts Jongup was about to voice from where he stood in the doorway to the bedroom. Jongup bit his lip and pulled on his wrist, wrapping his fingers around Junhong’s, smiling at the boy and glad he didn’t have to avoid him anymore. Himchan lingered by the door but slunk away when he noticed the tell-tale signs of a ‘moment’ occurring between the two youngest boys of their group.


Merry Christmas lovely followers! :D i hope you had a great time! <3

and I hope you enjoyed this update ^-^