When You're Looking Like That (BANGUP)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

This one is for Fusspott aka awildneko aka the biggest BangUp shipper you will ever meet :DD hope you like it cutie pie!

When You're Looking Like That by West Life


Jongup fidgeted with the cape of his costume. Himchan swatted at his hands, declaring that would wreck the fabric if he kept it up. Jongup was just nervous though. They were going to a Halloween party and he had heard rumours about who was going to be there. He hadn’t been out to a party in a long while but Himchan had assured him it would be okay as soon as he loosened up with a drink.

He was dressed as Super Man and Himchan was dressed as what he described as ‘the y male version of Cat Woman’. Jongup just saw it as Himchan’s excuse to wear a scanty amount of leather despite the cooler weather. The elder was driving and his bare thighs were milky white against the black car seat. Jongup hoped nothing bad would happen to his friend, Himchan had a knack for attracting trouble when he got to have his way.

They arrived quicker than he expected and when he got out of the car, the autumn breeze bit at his skin. Himchan was seemingly unaffected. It was a relief to be inside the apartment building that was much warmer than outside its doors.

The first thing Jongup noticed when he walked into the large apartment was Batman in the corner speaking to Spiderman. They laughed and the sound made Jongup twitch. It was familiar but he couldn’t place it. He wanted to go over but Himchan pulled on his arm, guiding him towards the drinks. He shoved one into Jongup’s hands and took one for himself.

“Why do you always look so lost?” Himchan mused and when Jongup looked at him confused Himchan just laughed and walked off. Jongup’s attention turned back to the doorway. He could see Batman’s reflection in a mirror on the far wall. He was leaning in close to Spiderman and it made Jongup’s heart throb. He was clueless as to why though.

He walked up to the large doorway and leant against the frame, watching Batman in the mirror. He could tell that under the suit that he was slim but tall, modestly muscular; he had bright eyes that distracted Jongup through the mask. His hands were itching to drop the drink and reveal the face beneath it.

He watched Batman and Spiderman flirt for what felt like forever and he felt a little surprised when Spiderman left. Jongup wasn’t sure what to do but Batman turned and looked into the mirror, his intense eyes catching Jongup’s. He smirked when the boy’s cheeks flamed. He tried to leave before he could embarrass himself but Batman strode quickly across the room to him.

“When does Clark Kent get here?” Jongup turned to him, the voice sparking a thousand memories. When he looked into those eyes again he could see that they weren’t as bright as he realised, they were darker and held a lot more than he thought. Regret was what he saw the most in them. “I’d really like to talk to him.” Jongup’s brows creased.

“Then why’d you leave him alone?” Batman sighed and dropped his hand from Jongup’s arm.

“I had no choice.” Jongup swallowed over the lump in his throat. He didn’t quite believe that answer. Batman could tell that.

“Hyung, I…” Jongup wasn’t sure what to say. He didn’t know the kind of thing to tell someone after they’d left you with almost no explanation and only come back after three months of nothing – not a call, email, text.

“I’m sorry Jongup-ah.” Yongguk slipped off his mask, obviously feeling silly having such a serious conversation dressed the way he was. Jongup had almost forgotten he was wearing a costume but he didn’t care seeing Yongguk’s face again. It felt like he’d seen him just the day before. He recognised every line and spot of his skin, his lips just the way Jongup remembered.

“Why? Because you left? Or because you didn’t tell me why?” Jongup didn’t usually get made but seeing how truly regretful Yongguk was hurt him.  He would have preferred that the elder had stopped caring and forgotten, because it was what Jongup had tried to do.

“For ever considering leaving as an option.” Yongguk took a deep breath and looked around. He was uncomfortable speaking so publicly but Jongup wasn’t going to move. “I had to go because it was important. But when I got there, I realised it wasn’t as important to me as you were.”

Jongup’s chest tightened. He’d fantasised a million times about what they’d say to each other and he didn’t quite expect that. He had thought about them fighting, about Yongguk begging for him back, about him begging Yongguk. He was never sure and he wasn’t in the moment. He felt dizzy just thinking that his ex-lover was even in the same room as him.

“It took you so long to come back, how could I be so valuable?” He whispered; his expression was frozen as all his thoughts flittered at an insane pace. Yongguk seemed angry though that Jongup wasn’t seeing the way he felt.

“I wanted to come back, so badly, but…” he looked away as he let out a deep breath, “but I was scared that you hated me.”

Jongup had hated him, he’d been hurt at first but fury had quickly replaced it. When Yongguk said it though, he wondered if the hate had been real. Looking into the elder’s eyes made him wonder about a lot of feelings he’d had.

“Yongguk?” Himchan strode up beside Jongup then; a drink in his hand that Jongup knew wasn’t the one he’d gotten when they first arrived. “What the hell are you doing here?” Himchan was at the very least tipsy but his anger was genuine after the way Jongup had cried in his arms when Yongguk had first left. He’d been the one to take care of the younger and he took that job very seriously.

“Hyung, it’s okay.” Jongup tried but Himchan pushed Yongguk’s shoulder. The elder wasn’t upset by it though; Jongup could see that he’d expected it and he took in each push and shove. “Hyung, it’s really f-”

“No! No it’s not Jonguppie! He broke your heart, how can I-” Himchan hiccupped, “I let him get away with it?” Jongup sighed when Himchan stared at him, losing his balance for a second before saying that he had to sit down and wobbling over to a couch where he fell asleep.

Jongup looked up at Yongguk was waiting patiently. “I could never hate you.” He spoke it without thinking but Jongup knew it was the truth. He had been angry with Yongguk but the entire he had missed him. He had felt so insecure without Yongguk beside him; even with him standing there Jongup still missed him.

Yongguk smiled shyly, obviously pleased by what the younger had said. He looked away, the smile giving him a glow that Jongup remembered fondly.

“I missed you so much.” Yongguk spoke to the wall. “I missed everything about you.” He looked back at Jongup then, all the love that used to be there was there again.

“How long will you be back?” That was the one thing Jongup had to know, before anything. It was nice to him that Yongguk spoke those pretty words but it meant nothing if he was going to leave again.

He paused but it was short, not long enough to question his sincerity. “Forever. I’m back for good. I don’t want to leave your side again.” Yongguk was serious again. Jongup took one deep breath. He felt blank.

“Jongup-ah, I…” Yongguk hesitated but Jongup nodded to urge him on. “Will you have me back?”

Jongup nodded. He didn’t realise he’d nodded until Yongguk’s smile lit up his face, his eyes narrowed and his gums showed. Jongup smiled just as bright seeing Yongguk’s again, he forgot how good it felt to see it.

Yongguk hesitated again though. “Jongup-ah…can…can I…” He leant forward slowly, just a little and as Jongup subconsciously leant in as well, Yongguk closed the distance and pressed his lips to Jongup’s in a sweet kiss that flowed with the feeling of reunion. It was one of the best kisses Jongup had ever had and he knew why.

Yongguk pulled back just a little, breaking the kiss but not the connection of their lips. “I never stopped loving you.” Jongup laughed into Yongguk’s mouth. He was nervous but happier than he had been since Yongguk left.

“YAH! GET OFF ME!” Himchan’s voice echoed through the whole apartment and Jongup glanced over to see some girl on sitting on his lap trying to kiss. Yongguk laughed but Jongup became worried. The girl was drunk but so was Himchan. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET OFF!” He pushed her hard and she fell onto the floor. Himchan stood too quickly and almost fell over himself.

“Hyung!” Jongup ran over and held him steady pulling him away from the girl that he shouted to. “Hyung, calm down!” Yongguk moved to help Jongup but Himchan pushed him away.

“Don’t touch me!” He tried to shout again but he slurred too much for Yongguk to understand any more than don’t. Jongup glanced at him apologetically before motioning for him to help take Himchan to the car. When they got him in the back seat he fell asleep again.

Yongguk stood in front of Jongup and the younger thanked him. Jongup pursed his lips but looked in Yongguk’s eyes. “Are you going to come with me?” He felt it was too soon for them to part again and Yongguk chuckled in the deep bass timbre that made Jongup’s heart beat faster.

“I drove here but uh, can I come by later tonight?” Jongup smiled embarrassedly but nodded. “You still live in that small apartment above the butcher’s shop right?” Jongup nodded again. Yongguk smiled and leaned in to kiss him again, not a goodbye but a ‘wait-for-me’ kiss. Jongup would wait, he’d wait forever but it was sweeter knowing that Yongguk would definitely come back.