No More Perfume On You (DAELO)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

For PuppetMistress, enjoy sweetie <3 So I kind of forgot to look at the lyrics when I was writing this, which means I followed your prompt so much more than I probably would have OTL anyways I hope you like it sweetie ^-^

No More Perfume On You by Teen Top


The club lights were bright but the room still seemed dark with its black painted walls and dark blue floor. The tables were silver but reflected black, not helping at all. Daehyun sat in one end of the spacious booth, his best friend in the other. Junhong wasn’t alone though, over there, he was draped over some butch man’s arm like those pathetic fake girls that Daehyun used to see at regular clubs. They weren’t at a regular club though, it was a gay bar and that was what made it harder for Daehyun to be there. He was gay but it was Junhong, it was the way he acted, the way he played around and turned in to a total .

Junhong was the sweetest and kindest 18 year old Daehyun could ever imagine and he had the looks to top it. But when he got a drink in his hands, Junhong became someone Daehyun pitied.

He loved him though. Daehyun loved Junhong and he had for a long time. Daehyun wasn’t much older than Junhong but they had become friends in the elder’s last year of high school. Their connection was instant. Daehyun was disheartened though because Junhong obviously didn’t feel the connection running as deep as he did.

Daehyun watched Junhong take a sip of his drink through the straw before turning to the guy and kissing his cheek. It didn’t stop there as the guy turned to him and immediately pressed his lips down hard. His mouth opened wide before closing again over Junhong’s lips, it didn’t look very enjoyable. Daehyun nearly gagged when he saw the guy’s tongue come out and stretched into Junhong’s mouth.

“I’m going to piss.” He growled under his breath and Junhong pulled away from the kiss to watch him leave.

Daehyun didn’t really want to go to bathroom but he didn’t want to stay there, he didn’t want to be at the club at all. The deafening music had his ears ringing and the alcohol was starting to give him a headache. Worse of all he was sick to death of seeing Junhong making out with ridiculously fake guys.

Junhong was the person Daehyun loved and in so many ways it hurt his heart. He loved him for his youth and the way he was so easily entertained but he also loved him for his astounding maturity right when it was needed. He also loved Junhong for his innocent charms and the way he could be so focused on his looks and yet dress in such an effortless way. Somehow, in an unfathomable way, to Daehyun Junhong was perfect. And all he wanted to do was get away from him.

Daehyun walked into the men’s bathroom. It was dark – black painted walls, black tiles, dark purple toilet stalls and chrome everywhere it could be. The smell was instant and the place stank of piss and puke and . There was a vending machine to one side for condoms but it was empty. It was empty aside from one guy washing his hands who gave Daehyun a suggestive look – right until he noticed Daehyun’s unconscious scowl.

The guy hurried out and Daehyun felt a little peace come to him despite the smell and muffled thumping of the music. He stood in front of the urinal and ped his pants, waiting for the need to pee to come to him. He figured he might as well since he was there.

He was about half-way through when a giggle, accompanied by the slam of the door against the dark tiles of the wall, echoed through the bathroom. It was the voice he recognised but Junhong’s appearance in the mirror only confirmed what he knew. The big he’d been making out with was behind him, holding onto Junhong’s hand with a giant smile spread across his thin lips. He looked dirty in the light of the overhead fluorescents and the kind of guy Daehyun would have avoided. But soon enough he and Junhong disappeared behind one of those dark purple doors.

Daehyun finished up then and did up his jeans. When he walked over to the sink, the rushed whispers ending and the began. He had hoped Junhong would have the sense to keep it to himself but he only got louder and the lewd noises became increasingly frequent. He even whimpered and Daehyun felt acid up his throat. He could only imagine all the innocence in the boy being torn to shreds yet again as he ed a stranger in a toilet.

Daehyun had a curious thought then – what if it was him in that stall? What if it was him making those sounds come from Junhong like the Daehyun didn’t want to believe he was? What if he was the one making that boy feel good?

He felt just as suddenly disgusted by his thoughts and shook his head to get rid of them but they were as persistent as the sounds. He almost ran out of the bathroom and as the heavy sound of the music collapsed in on his eardrums the thoughts dispersed as he the flashing lights and cleaner smell of simply sweat and alcohol filled his nose. He walked slowly then, back to the seats he and Junhong had occupied and they were luckily still free. One of the waitresses came over but she didn’t undress him with her eyes like they did in regular clubs, it wasn’t that kind of place, and took his order.

Daehyun wanted something strong, maybe a few somethings, to make sure those dirty thoughts were gone. Junhong came back, without the guy, when he’d finished his third glass. His head was fuzzy but he knew he just wanted to go home and somehow Junhong understood his slurring and obliged his request, looking slightly guilty as they left the club.

They arrived back at their apartment and Daehyun was ready to burst. Why was it this weekend? Why not later, why not earlier? He didn’t know but he was at breaking point. Junhong flopped onto his back on the couch with a big smile and Daehyun walked into his bedroom to take of his shoes. He took off his dress shirt and replaced it with a t-shirt.

“Did you have fun tonight, hyung? I did.”

“No.” Daehyun grumbled as he walked into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water.

“Aw, why not? Is it because I got to make out with the hottest guy there instead of you?” Junhong was teasing him and Daehyun felt the strings that held his sanity together snapping one by one. “He wasn’t that great, terrible kisser and his muscles were overworked. He was a try-hard.” Junhong chuckled and Daehyun knew that was it.

He slammed his empty glass on the bench and Junhong shot up in his seat. “Why? Why do you just go around to clubs and hook up with these try-hards and douchebags only for them to you in a toilet stall?”

Junhong’s eyes were painfully wide as he stared, shocked by Daehyun’s language, at the elder who breathed heavily. He hadn’t quite shouted but he was certainly beyond talking normally. After a long minute, Junhong’s expression softened.

“It’s…it’s because I’m looking for someone. I’m trying to get the attention of that person, the one.” Junhong looked as if he was choosing his words carefully but as he said ‘the one’, he sent Daehyun a particular stare that the elder couldn’t quite read. He didn’t quite care though; his anger had been heightened by Junhong telling him one of those douchebags was meant to be the love of his life.

“God dammit Junhong why won’t don’t you see it? It’s not exactly something I try to hide. I’m here, I’m ready, just…be mine!? Then you don’t have to the faces off all those losers every weekend!” Daehyun couldn’t stop his voice rising but it caught Junhong’s attention and that’s what he wanted.

“You…want to go out with me?” Junhong seemed disbelieving but Daehyun could help but hear relief in his words.

“Well…yes. I…I’ve wanted to be with you for a long time Junhong-ah but you’ve never cared the way I do. I don’t understand how you get a kick out of all of that. It looks disgusting and unpleasant and I can’t believe I’ve come with you to these places so many times just to be kicked in the heart again and again.” Daehyun took a deep breath and his chest swelled. He hadn’t meant to say so much but the heat of his anger was coaxing it all out.

Junhong stepped forward without hesitation and wrapped his arms around Daehyun’s neck. He bent a little because of the small height difference they had but soon enough his lips were again Daehyun’s and he was kissing him. Daehyun was shocked though. His mind blanked and he didn’t grasp what was going on. He didn’t kiss back; he should know why he’s kissing back first.

Junhong pulled away, a crease between his eye brows. “I thought you just said you wanted this.” The younger’s voice was laced with disappointment and confusion. Daehyun wished he hadn’t heard it, he didn’t like seeing Junhong like this – sad.

“I...I do but…I don’t understand.” Junhong sighed, removing his arms from the elder’s neck and taking a step back.

“Hyung, I’ve wanted you to know how I feel for a long time, but I was…I was scared, okay? And…and I did all those moves because I wanted you to go first.” Junhong’s eyes were pleading. “I wanted you to make the first move and ask me out because I was scared and I couldn’t do it on my own.” Junhong pulled his arms into his body, holding himself as he leant on the back of their couch. “I just want you to love me.” He whispered to himself but Daehyun heard it, he heard those few words that had obviously made Junhong’s heart so heavy for so long.

“Junhong-ah…I do. I do love you and I have for a long time. I just…it was hard, it was hard to believe that I did because almost every night I was seeing you with those…those dickheads and you looked you enjoyed it.” Daehyun was fed up. He could see how much Junhong was hurting, but he was in just as much pain.

“I’m sorry hyung.” Junhong couldn’t look at him; he couldn’t bring himself to face Daehyun even though he was just a few feet away.

The elder of the two sighed and walked over to Junhong. He didn’t want the boy to be upset but he wished that Junhong would feel shame for the way he had acted for so long. He wanted to make Junhong feel better though.

“Junhonggie, it’s…” Daehyun took a deep breath. “It’s okay. I…I understand.” He smiled gently at the boy when he looked up, his expression washed in reluctance and regret. He seemed hopeful though and Daehyun smiled wider to reassure him. Daehyun’s heart stopped for a second as an idea came to him. It wasn’t really sudden; it had been a thought that had plagued him for as long as he’d known how he felt about Junhong. But to actually bend forward and kiss the younger was a whole new feeling he never had expected.

Especially when Junhong kissed back and their lips moved against each other in a soft but repetitive motion. It was as if all his dreams had come true – the clean and the dirty ones – and Junhong was the one making it all happen. Daehyun had taken that first step but Junhong was quickly putting himself into the kiss and taking over. Daehyun didn’t mind, he liked this, he liked seeing Junhong have what he actually wanted and he liked having what he himself had wanted for so long.