Look At Me (DAEJAE)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

for yaystuti. written as a sequel to this. i'm sorry this came so late but i'm just making this note here to tell you that this is the last chapter. if i do post more stories they'll be exclusive to tumblr. thank you everyone for subscribing and all your comments. i've loved writing for you all.

based on Look At Me by Keri Noble


Daehyun his plump lips and Youngjae’s formed a small smile. They lay together on Daehyun’s bed in the dim light spilling through the window. It was early dawn and the rest of the members were asleep – the pair left to their peace. They lay there comfortably and Daehyun’s fingers reached out to trace the younger’s jaw line. It was a sensual moment but there were no feelings of lust, only the desire for emotion. Daehyun blinked but still all he saw was that molten brown of Youngjae’s eyes. He was a willing victim to drown in that gaze.

“Daehyun-ah...” The word was only a breath on Youngjae’s lips but Daehyun hushed him. The silence beared down on them but it made the moment they shared more intense. The scent of Daehyun all across his sheets made Youngjae dizzy. His heart beat faster to the temp of their combined breathing. Daehyun’s body felt five degrees warmer beside the other vocal. His lips seemed to be drying so much quicker.

They were both nervous. Something about knowing made everything so much harder. But there was a thrill to the fear they felt. And Daehyun’s fingers traced Youngjae’s heart-shaped lips. The younger shifted closer. Their chests pressed together as did their noses. It only took a slight tilt of Youngjae’s head to connect their soft skin in chest-tightening kiss.

A grumbled from the bed above them tore Youngjae away. But Junhong didn’t move. Snuffled in his sleep, but he wasn’t awake. Youngjae breathed out a sigh of relief and Daehyun’s soft smile grew. He thought Youngjae was the cutest thing when he was worried.

“Hey, hey,” his smooth, caramel voice was an instant relaxant, “it’s alright.” Daehyun spoke in hushed whispers, his breath ghosting Youngjae’s cheek. There was so much more to that alright than just them there in the bed. Daehyun was speaking for the long years of their past. Youngjae wanted to smile but his head just thumped. Everything was so tense but Daehyun was so outwardly calm. The elder shifted until he was spooning Youngjae’s side, distracting him from his efforts to keep an eye on the others. He had to get back to bed before anyone woke.

“Jae…” Daehyun’s soft lips pressed to the shell of the younger’s ear. Youngjae’s eyes fluttered closed. The deep breath Daehyun took and let out breezed the hairs around Youngjae’s ear. “I love you.” Youngjae could hear the smile. He knew it was that small half-smirk that could make him go crazy in a second. He sighed and turned to look at Daehyun, their noses side by side and their lips brushing.

“I love you more.” He pressed a hard but emotional kiss to Daehyun’s mouth, breathing in sharply through his nose as he held the elder’s cheek. Youngjae lingered a moment longer than he planned and forced himself out of Daehyun’s bed and over to his, quickly climbing the step ladder to his top bunk.

He fell onto his back and stared up at the ceiling. His heart beat a thousand miles a minute. Youngjae could feel Daehyun’s eyes on him but didn’t dare to move when Himchan groaned and sat up beneath him. He was always the first to get up. Youngjae wished he would just sleep a little longer.