Titanium (HIMUP)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

not a request but an idea i came up with a while ago, hope you guys like it :)

Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia


He shouted and shouted, his voice not dropping no matter how many words spat from his lips. Jongup sat quietly at the kitchen table, facing away from Himchan – the words were less spiteful when he couldn’t see the elder’s face.

Jongup’s ears were beginning to hurt now. He wasn’t listening, he couldn’t, but the frightful noise was still beating his ear drums like an entire percussion group using one instrument at the same time.

“How could you Jongup? How could you just…give yourself away like that, so easily?”

“I didn’t just give it away. I trusted him.” Jongup’s mind was confused and out of control. He had never expected any of this but he wasn’t going to be left to the dogs. It didn’t matter what Himchan said to him, he was in it now and he was going to look after himself.

“You didn’t even think to ask him before hand? You didn’t even think of using protection?”

“No, I didn’t think of using a damned Himchan. I’m sure you didn’t either the first time you ed a guy.” Himchan’s jaw dropped at Jongup’s impolite language. Jongup sighed at himself and put his head in his hand. What has happening to him? He was never angry or snide but that entire image of him was wiped away now.

Himchan took a deep breath before Jongup heard him take a step closer. “No, I didn’t but at least I knew he was….clean.” Himchan spoke that last word with utmost disgust, not for the word but for its opposite. The man Jongup had slept with was ‘dirty’ and Himchan was digging that fact into Jongup like a rusty knife. Jongup had known him for just over a few months and had decided he loved him. Unfortunately he hadn’t seen through the man’s lies and it wasn’t until after that he realised it was all a big ploy to get into Jongup’s pants.

The man had called him the next day and although Jongup had been excited at first, he quickly felt the crushing force of devastation. By the time Jongup had been to the doctor and discovered he was HIV positive, the man had taken off and was lost to Jongup.

It had taken him another few weeks to be able to tell Himchan, his best friend, what had happened. Jongup heard Himchan shuffle around behind him until the elder came into view and sat himself on the chair opposite. Jongup closed his eyes and turned away. He wasn’t ready to face his external conscience.

“Jongup-ah.”

“Don’t….hyung. Just don’t.” Jongup buried his face in his hands. The whole situation was so overwhelming. He had barely come to terms with the fact that the first person he’d loved in so long had treated him like a hooker that had to be wined and dined.

Jongup closed his eyes. Everything was black. He wished it would stay black. He wished he could stop hearing the sounds of Himchan in kitchen, the sounds of everything. He wished that he could die. He was going to get that, but not soon enough. The clattering of the kitchen stopped and Jongup glanced up to see Himchan sit down with a mug in his hand. It was the one He had given to Jongup. The younger had never told Himchan that, he didn’t want him to be judgmental about their relationship. He wished he had listened to Himchan when he’d said the guy was weird, he wished with his whole heart but his reality was devouring him much quicker than he could forget it.

Himchan slid the mug of water into place in front of Jongup. He stayed silent though, watching his friend think and process their conversation. Eventually Jongup’s hand slowed reached for the mug and he took a single sip. It was cold on his lips but soothed the sticky feeling inside his mouth.

Jongup closed his eyes and Himchan suddenly became alert. He wasn’t sure what it meant, he didn’t know the kind of Jongup that was like that. He hardly admitted to himself that he was a little scared. But all he could do was watch as Jongup stood, his fingers still curled around the handle of the cup. When he opened his eyes again, Himchan didn’t recognise them. They were fiery and foreign.

It was not the Jongup he knew that he saw in them, it was someone hurt and destroyed by someone they cared for; it was not the Jongup he knew that swung back his arm and hurled the mug at the wall, shattering the ceramic and denting the wall. It was not the Jongup he knew that growled; the sound ripping from his throat in a loud snarl as he shouted and threw the contents of the table to the floor. He pushed and shoved everything he could as his anger and fury flowed through him. He tipped the small coffee table beside the sofa and as he held a pillow in his hands, Himchan's voice broke through to him.

“Jongup.” The boy didn’t listen. “Jongup-ah.” Himchan was close to shouting again as he grasped the younger’s shoulder in a tight grip. “Jonguppie!” When his pooling eyes finally connected with Himchan’s, he couldn’t keep back the strangled cry that had been growing in his throat. It broke Himchan’s resolve and he pulled the boy tight to his chest, cradling him like a father would for the child.

He gently Jongup’s hair, hushing him as he breathed heavily, holding back his own tears. “Shush baby, it’ll be okay. We’ll get through this, together, I promise.” Himchan kissed the top of Jongup’s head as he cooed and allowed the younger to stain his shirt with tears and wrinkle it as he held his fists tight at Himchan’s back. “I won’t ever leave you.”