Beautiful Target (BANGDAE)

Casualty of Love (Oneshot Collection)

two BangDae's in a row...sorry about that.

Requested by Banaxchan :D hope you enjoy it sweet heart <3

Beautiful Target by B1A4


Daehyun was staring, but so what? No one would notice since they were mean’t to be watching anyway. Yongguk stood in front of the four youngest members of their group with Himchan as they practiced a specific part of their new dance that only the eldest seemed to be able to get right. Their choreographer had everyone stop and hurried Yongguk and Himchan into position while the rest sprawled out in front of the mirrors to be taught.

Daehyun was staring intently at their leader as he spread his arms wide and scrunched up his face. He was frightening but handsome and the combination confused Daehyun slightly – in the end he decided he liked it though. He could hear how Yongguk’s heavy panting and the stomping of his feet created their own beat above the track that played loud through the speakers. Daehyun preferred Yongguk’s song, it was natural and his own; no one else could sound like that no matter how hard they tried – not even Daehyun.

The part ended and the choreographer began explaining the different points to each step that made the elder members’ better than their dongsaengs’. Daehyun couldn’t hear the man though; his ears were blocked as his mind scrolled through everything perfect about Yongguk.

He was still staring, boring his eyes into Yongguk’s heart and hopefully turning it to him. He stared mostly because he wanted Yongguk to notice him, he wanted the leader to see how he kept his gaze on only him, how his eyes would see no one else. Yongguk just walked over to the table and grabbed his water bottle, downing it in one before collapsing beside Junhong. Daehyun scowled unconsciously when he saw them laugh together at the silent joke the maknae made.

“Five minute break guys.” The choreographer shook his head almost unnoticeably before leaving. Daehyun only looked away from Yongguk when the door shut loudly and someone nudged his shoulder.

“Daehyun? Hyung? Is anyone there?” Youngjae nudged him again, this time the elder’s ankle with his own foot.

“What Jae?” The younger eyes widened, he was taken aback. Daehyun sighed. He hadn’t meant to be snappy but it was easy to get jealous when he was tired. “Sorry.” He patted his best friend’s leg.

“Uh, alright. Well, what I was going to ask was, you know that bit where I have to hook my foot around your ankle?” Daehyun nodded, it was the bit that the younger’s struggled with most because they all kept falling over. “I was wondering if maybe we could…” Youngjae’s voice faded when Daehyun turned back to the leader. He was drinking another bottle full of cold water and Daehyun found it oddly attractive. Was that why the fans screamed when they drank at fansigns?

Yongguk wiped his lip with the back of his and took a deep breath. He looked up and caught Daehyun’s gaze.

“Sorry, what?” Daehyun’s heart bolted through his body and he ducked his head towards Youngjae who had stopped talking when he realised his friend wasn’t listening.

“Do you even care?” Youngjae huffed and stood up, walking over to the others where they sat in a loose circle a few feet away. Daehyun was pretty much on his own then. He didn’t look up though, he could feel Yongguk looking at him and it sent a tingle through his spine that he really liked.

The heat of the leader’s gaze was spreading through Daehyun’s body and he dared look up to see Yongguk gazing happily at Himchan. The pleasant heat turned fierce and Daehyun just held back a sneer. Why was it so easy to be jealous? Yongguk influenced him so easily without realising. Every time Daehyun was able to touch Yongguk’s skin, gaze into his heavy eyes, hear his deep timbre voice – his heart jumped from his chest and exploded in a show of fireworks.

Daehyun sighed and looked along his legs. Sometimes before he went to sleep, he would glance at Yongguk’s bunk across the room. He could always see the elder’s back and hear his soft breathing. Daehyun would smile and close his eyes. He would fantasise that he was lying on the other side, beside Yongguk in his warm bed and able to add the sound of the elder’s rhythmic heart to the quiet melody he heard from his own bed. He always imagined what it would be like to be held in the dark where it didn’t matter if anyone saw, especially in Yongguk’s heavenly scented embrace.

They had hugged once or twice, occasions of celebration, but he had hugged everyone. They had never shared anything special no matter how much Daehyun treasured their every interaction.

Yongguk and Daehyun were both idols of course so the latter had no right to think of himself as unworthy, just ‘wrong’ for Yongguk. Daehyun knew he was good-looking, it would be a silly thing to deny, and he knew he had talent. He had flaws as well but those were harder to admit. Really, if he was honest with himself, Daehyun thought of himself as cool. He was glad no one could his thoughts because he would sound self-centred, but he really wasn’t. He was Yongguk-centred.

He sighed and just watched his feet, trying to block out the sounds of everyone else’s happy chatter. He mulled over it. Why was he by himself? Why was Yongguk like that? Did the leader have to be that comfortable with everyone else? It was almost like he actually had feelings for Himchan…or even the maknae. It was hard for Daehyun to tell and he had supress a frustrated groan.

“Alright guys, it’s the kids’ turn.” The choreographer stepped back into the room with a box that clearly smelled like chicken. He laughed when he saw everyone’s faces light up. “You can eat when you get the steps right.” They all groaned except Yongguk and Himchan who dived into the food and grabbed the best bits first. It was their turn to watch as the younger members attempted to do the moves for the sake of their stomachs.

Just as Daehyun spun and attempted the hook part with his foot, his stomach growled loudly and both he and Youngjae fell to the floor. His seared in pain and Youngjae smacking his head didn’t help. “Jung Daehyun! Why don’t you listen to me!?” Youngjae groaned and stood up as Junhong and Jongup were given the go ahead and grabbed themselves some food. Daehyun scoffed, of course they would get it right, they were the dancers; they only had trouble because Junhong could be clumsy.

“Look, Daehyun, let’s do it like this…” Daehyun tried hard to listen to Youngjae but he couldn’t take his eyes off Yongguk in the mirror. Three of the four walls of their practice room were mirrored and from where he stood, Daehyun could clearly see how Yongguk was staring at him. His eyes didn’t flicker to Youngjae’s like the others’ did. He didn’t chuckle at their argument like the others did. He just stared with his molten chocolate eyes. Daehyun supressed a satisfying shiver.

He twitched involuntarily when Yongguk’s eyes flicked to the mirror and met Daehyun’s for a short second before Youngjae patted the younger’s cheek. “Okay? You understand?”

Daehyun’s was in shock. The leader’s gaze had found his, had searched for it for a brief second. That short moment that Daehyun could really see into his eyes had showed him so much more than he expect. His heart was racing far ahead of him and he didn’t care that Yongguk snatched it up. He would have given it willingly.

“Hyung, it’s late, can we go soon?” Junhong’s voice cut into to Daehyun’s mind. So many things were happening. Yongguk was now speaking to Junhong. Jongup and Himchan were speaking to the choreographer and Youngjae was waving his hands at Daehyun’s face. The latter was trying to hard to pay attention to everything.

“Yeah Junhonggie. We can go soon. Maybe you and Himchan should go back to the dorm now with Jongup. I’ll stay and wait for these two.” Junhong nodded and –

“Daehyun!” Daehyun’s eyes focused away from the mirror and saw how Youngjae had settled himself into the start of the moves they were practicing. “Let’s go!” Youngjae anger was seeping into the air and was adding to Daehyun’s own irritation. Why did he and Youngjae have to be so terrible at the dance? He wanted to be good, like Jongup was good, so that he could impress Yongguk. Daehyun was always aware of how the eldest smiled and cheered for his more talented dongsaengs. Daehyun had become very good at hiding his jealousy.

They left – Junhong, Jongup and Himchan – and Daehyun felt a little lighter. They still tried again though, and again, and again, and each time it was Daehyun’s fault. He could tell that it was him – no matter how little attention he was paying – because that was just it, he was too busy concentrating on Yongguk.

“Ah, you Daehyun.” Youngjae pushed the elder’s shoulder and walked out of the room. The choreographer sighed and gave Daehyun a disapproving look.

“Come on Daehyun. It shouldn’t be this difficult.” He walked over to get some water and Daehyun collapsed on the floor. He was a singer, not a dancer, so why did it matter? Because he wasn’t allowed to pick and choose his parts. He groaned quietly as tried to think over the steps but all he could see was Yongguk’s lips as he panted, his nostrils flaring as he took a deep breath, his eyes narrowing as he dropped to the floor for the next move.

“.” He growled at himself. He was in deep with his feelings and it was getting the better of him. He heard Yongguk move from his spot and begin talking to their teacher but he couldn’t make out what they were saying – Yongguk’s soft and husky voice had melted his brain from the second it left the man’s throat.

Daehyun closed his eyes, letting the sound work through his body. Each part of tensed as the image of Yongguk standing above him came into his thoughts. He had electricity for blood as he saw Yongguk come closer, kneeling on either side of his hips. The elder liked his lips and Daehyun unconsciously mimicked him. He breathed out softly, ghosting the younger’s cheek.

“Daehyunnie.” He whispered so sensually that Daehyun spasmed and his crotch felt hot. “Daehyunnie.” This time Yongguk’s hands reached out and touched his cheeks as the elder thumbed his lips. “Daehyunnie.” He was louder now and it was wrecking the mood. What really did though was when Yongguk started shaking his shoulder and his eyes snapped open.

Yongguk was above but not as he had hoped. “Daehyun. Teacher and the others have all left. It’s just us now.” Yongguk moved back onto his knees as Daehyun sat up. Yongguk chuckled at him but it only made the younger frown. Why was he laughing? “Come on, let’s practice.” Yongguk nodded towards the centre of the room with his smile still plastered on his face and held out his hand as he stood up. Daehyun took it.

Yongguk stood in position with his arms crossed just as Youngjae was meant to stand. When he could, Yongguk made sure to know the others parts just in case moments like the one they were in occurred. It was all so he could help his friends get better but Daehyun always thought that he worked a bit too hard.

Daehyun groaned. “But hyung! I’m so tired and hungry.” Yongguk laughed again. Daehyun bit his lip and sighed frustratedly. His satori was coming out again because he was worked up and ready for bed. The elder ignored that though and moved to turn on the music before gesturing for the other to join him. Daehyun hurried over and put himself in the right spot. He glanced up into the mirror and saw Yongguk’s strong stare meeting his own tired eyes. It excited him.

The part they were practicing started and Yongguk moved quickly. Daehyun matched his pace and the steps were smooth, as a good as they should have been. Daehyun laughed inwardly at himself. Of course it wasn’t that hard, he was just an idiot for having let Yongguk take over his head. The final move came and he hooked his foot around Yongguk’s leg and managed to flip himself onto the floor like he was meant to. It was perfect.

He stopped at that and began laughing as he let himself drop onto the hard wood beneath him. Yongguk clapped a little and turned off the song. He sat down beside Daehyun’s shoulder, facing him. The younger opened his eyes when he felt the heat of Yongguk’s body. He was out of breath and entirely exhausted, his brain was fuzzy and spinning, his heart pounded like the bass drum in the song. None of it was from the dancing though. Yongguk’s proximity had his body going crazy to the point that he couldn’t make himself move.

Yongguk laughed again and Daehyun’s browed creased. Why did he keep laughing? Was Daehyun’s struggles really that funny?

“You shouldn’t do that.” Daehyun tried to lift his head but all he could see was the elder’s knees. He pushed himself up with a loud groan, all of his muscles ached – he was going to dread the walk home.

“Do what?” He looked Yongguk in the eyes and that was a big mistake. There was something in them, something extra, something warm and intense.

“Pout. It’s…” Yongguk chuckled at himself that time as he turned his face away. Daehyun just caught how his cheeks reddened before they were gone.

“It’s what hyung?” Daehyun probed, bending his neck to try and see the elder’s expression. His heart was beating faster than he though humanly possible. All the fantasies and dreams he’d had about Yongguk sharing his affections were like a tsunami through his mind.

“It’s cute.” Yongguk whispered as he slowly turned back to the younger. They shared a long look but Daehyun’s eyes jumped between Yongguk’s own and his lips. They were thick and red. Daehyun could only imagine how they felt but the reality of the situation gave him so much hope.

“Wh-what do you mean?” Daehyun stuttered, but Yongguk had that effect on him all the time so he didn’t mind.

Yongguk was silent for a minute. It surprised Daehyun though when launched forward and attached his lips to the younger’s in a frenzied kiss that took the breath out of both of them. Yongguk held Daehyun’s shoulders so that he couldn’t pull away and moved his lips hastily, like he’d been holding himself in and was finally letting it all out.

Just before he moved back, Daehyun started to kiss back. It had taken him a moment to recover but he had just gotten exactly what he had wanted for over a year. He kissed back as best he could but Yongguk had the control. He didn’t care, instead he just wrapped his arms around the elder’s neck so that when he moved back it was only far enough for them to breath.

“You don’t know how long I’ve wanted that.” Yongguk’s hot breath breezed across Daehyun’s lips. Daehyun chuckled.

“I think I do.” He his lips and his tongue touched Yongguk’s at the same time, tempting the elder in to a second, sweeter kiss.

 


So I'm technically off hiatus now but I still have work to do. Requests will be open in a week.