Chapter Fifty Six

When You Were Mine

“Can you stop?” Minji took the bottle of beer out of L’s hands. He groaned and snatched it back before he finished it and ordered another.

 

“Just…” She sighed, “…wait here. I’m going to call my driver.” He nodded only once. She sighed again before she went into the restroom, since the club was too loud, and called her driver. “Could you pick me up at Inspirit?”

 

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Mr. Choi told her, “I have to refill the gas tank.”

 

“It’s fine.” Minji gave a soft smile, “Thanks. I’ll wait outside.”

 

L wouldn’t stop drinking, and by the time she came back, he had finished three bottles. Minji literally had to pay the bartender into not letting him have any more drinks. L got a bit angry and yelled at her before he walked towards the exit but stumbled and fell. She frowned and helped him up, “I’ll take you home.”

 

“I’m-” He hiccuped, -fine.” He shook her off and started to walk again. Minji grabbed his arm and bit her lip, “I’ll take you ho-“

 

“Why can’t it be me?” L suddenly looked at her but couldn’t see her clearly, despite the fact she was only two feet away. She blinked, “What?” He laughed, but his laugh was anything but happy, “…Why did it have to be Woohyun?” Minji’s eyes softened as she bit her lip, “L…”

 

“Minji, I love you.” He started to hiccup. She gaped at him, “…What?” His eyes started to fill with tears as he laughed, “I love you. I love you so much that-” He laughed again, “-I’m really going crazy.” He grabbed his hair in frustration before he laughed again, tears down his cheeks.

 

“L…” Minji bit her lip, “You don’t know what you’re saying. You’re just drun-”

 

“Please…” L grabbed her hand and looked at her desperately. “…Please… give me just one more chance…”

 

“I…” Minji bit her lip and pulled her away, “I can’t… I’m sor-“

 

“Don’t apologize.” L pleaded, “Please… Please, just say you’ll give me another chance.”

 

“Myungsoo, I’m sorry.” She apologized, anyways. L felt a tear trickle down his cheek. “Minji. Please. I love you. We can just pretend nothing ever happened!” He started to cry even more. “We can just go back to the way it was! Before Woohyun came! Before we broke up!”

 

“We can’t.” Minji guiltily bit her lip.

 

“We can! Just please… I don’t want to lose you… I can’t lose you…” L’s voice died into a whisper as he cupped one side of her face and kissed her. Her eyes widened as she tried to push him away, but he cupped both sides of her face and continued to kiss her.

 

It wasn’t soft like it used to be. It didn’t make her heart flutter like it used to do. It was rough. It was forced. She felt ready to puke from that strong alcohol scent from him. Plus, he just threw up… like… a few minutes ago… Ewwwww…. (Too early for jokes?)

 

“L!” Minji finally managed to push him away and covered with her hands as tears trickled down her cheeks.

 

“I love you!” L stumbled around, his balance impaired from all the alcohol he had consumed, “Why?! Why can’t you love me?! You’ve done it before! Why can’t you do it again?!”

 

“Because I love Woohyun!” She blurted. L stopped and stared at her before he left the club. Minji sighed and walked after him, “Myungsoo… I’ll take you home.” She grabbed his arm, but he shook her off and continued to walk. He stumbled, though, and clutched his head in pain.

 

“Kim Myungsoo.” She said firmly. He paused before he looked around for a taxi. Minji grabbed his arm again. “I’m serious. You’re drunk. I’ll take you ho- Owww!“ He accidentally pushed her onto the ground. She stared at him in disbelief and winced at the blood that trickled down her scraped arm.

 

L grabbed his aching head and cursed under his breath before he looked around for a taxi. He was about to call one over, but another person called it first.

 

“Myungsoo, my driver’s here.” Minji bit her lip to fight back the tears as she held onto her bloody arm. Mr. Choi immediately ran over and helped her up.

 

L shook his head, as if that would get rid of his headache, and pushed a random guy off his motorcycle before he got on it.

 

“Yah!” The guy took his helmet off and stood up. “What the hell do you think y-“ He tried to stop L, but L had already driven off.

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO!” Minji called his name repeatedly, but he was already far down the street, zooming at over 60 miles an hour.

 

“HEY! GET BACK HERE!” The owner of the motorcycle chased after him. “IF I CATCH YOU, I’M GOING TO BEAT THE SHI-“

 

BEEP! BEE-

 

BAM! CRASH!

 

Minji’s eyes widened in horror, and she froze in her tracks. Dozens of people ran out from shops and restaurants, worried by the loud crashes, and they had the same reaction as Minji.