Chapter Twenty Two

When You Were Mine

Even though it hurt to smile, Woohyun couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He felt so happy that Minji held his hand, even if it was only because she was leading him to the other end of the hallway. It made his heart skip a beat. He loved it. He loved how Minji's hand fit so perfectly in his, as if they were made just to hold each other.

 

"...Are you... okay?" Minji asked softly after she let go of his hand. He cleared his throat and wiped a bit of blood off his lip, "Since when do you care? Shouldn't you ask your boyfriend?" He scoffed at her. She winced a bit and frowned at him, "I've always cared about you." *And after what you said about me, I don't even know why I still care...*

 

"Yeah! You care so much that you ditched me!" He laughed sarcastically. She blinked at him, "Huh?" He chuckled at her, "Oh, right. I almost forgot you have the worst memory ever." Minji pouted a bit but moved on, "Did you really... punch L first?"

 

"Why? You want me to apologize? You want me to get on my knees and admit I'm wrong? You want me to compensate his injuries?" Woohyun joked angrily. She raised a brow at him, "I want... a reason. Why? Why did you fight with him? I know you dislike him... but fighting's never the answer, right? So... why?"

 

"L's cheating on you." Woohyun bluntly told her. Minji blinked for a few seconds before she responded, "Huh?" Woohyun sighed, "L's... cheating... on... you." Minji bit her lip and shook her head, "No, he's not. He loves me. He's-"

 

"Why did you ask if you don't even want to believe me?!" Woohyun frustratedly yelled. She frowned even more but kept her voice quiet and low, "Why don't you give me an answer that's actually believable?"

 

"That is believable, dammit! He's done it before! Why wouldn't he do it again?!" Woohyun pointed at L. L blinked and raised a brow when Woohyun pointed at him, curious about what Minji and Woohyun were talking about.

 

"It was an accide-"

 

"No, it wasn't! He goes to Inspirit almost every day! Do you really think he doesn't hook up with any girls while he's there?!" Woohyun cut her off. Minji let out a shaky breath, "S-Stop..."

 

It hurt too much to hear... but a small, small part of her... wanted to.

 

"You're so dense that it's annoying! How could you not-" Woohyun continued as Minji blinked.

 

"Yeah. She's cute and all. She's really annoying, though. Like... seriously annoying."

 

Minji felt angry when those words ran through her mind. "At least I'm loyal!" She blurted. Woohyun stopped and blinked at her, "Loyal? You?" He blinked at her and burst into laughter as he remembered how she had ditched him when they were supposed to go to the library together yesterday.

 

"I've never talked behind your back! Not even once!" Minji felt her eyes sting. Woohyun stopped and blinked at her, "What? And you're saying that I have?"

 

"I know you have! Stop pretending you didn't! I heard you, okay? I heard you!" She stomped her foot and crossed her arms. He furrowed his brows and tilted his head, "Me? Wait. What? What are you-"

 

"You didn't even have to go as far as to call me a s-slu... the 's' word!" She couldn't bring herself to say the word '' but continued, "You know that I don't have friends! You know that they all hurt me and talked about me! You know that you're my only friend! Why-? How-? How could you just say those things about me? How could you have laughed when you said those things about me?" Her voice died down into a whisper as a tear escaped her eye.

 

Woohyun froze in shock. His shoulders dropped. His heart stopped. It hurt to see those tears, those tears that were caused by him.

 

"I've never called you a slu-"

 

"How much longer will you lie to me? L? Cheat? He wouldn't. And I’ve already heard you call me annoyi-"

 

"He would! He already has! How hard is it to get through that thick skull of yours that he cheated?!" Woohyun felt angry after he remembered what this argument began with. Minji frowned, "It was a accident! He was drunk."

 

"It wasn't a damn accident! Stop being so damn in-denial and-"

 

"Why do you even care whether he has or not?! You don't care about me! You've never cared about me!"

 

"I've always cared about you, dammit! I've always been in lo-"

 

"Woohyun." Mr. and Mrs. Nam called from the opposite end of the hallway.

 

Minji wiped her tears and turned to walk. Woohyun grabbed her wrist before she could.

 

"We're not done." He let out a frustrated sigh. She shook her wrist. "Your parents called you." She bit her lip and winced at how tight he held her wrist. He glanced at his worried family and back at her.

 

"I lov-"

 

"Don't touch her." L had walked over and grabbed Minji's other wrist. They both glared at each other as they held tightly onto Minji's wrists.

 

"Let go." Woohyun gritted his teeth. L raised a brow, "You let go." Woohyun yanked Minji into his chest. "I was in the middle of a conversation." He countered. L yanked Minji into his chest. "Well, I say the conversation's done." Woohyun yanked Minji back into his chest. "That's not for you to say."

 

"Stop it!" Minji winced when she was yanked into L's chest again. They both guiltily flinched and let go of her. She stepped away and rubbed her wrists.

 

"Let's go." L grabbed Minji's wrist and walked away. She frowned and tried to pull her wrist out, "L... Let go..." L continued to walk and even held onto her wrist tighter.

 

Woohyun raised a brow and grabbed Minji's other wrist, "Let go of her." L raised a brow and held tighter, "You let go." Woohyun frowned, "She doesn't want to go with you." L scoffed at him, "I'm sure she'd much rather go with me than the one who backstabbed her." Woohyun loosened his grip and blinked, "What? Me? Backstab? What?"

 

"Babe, let's go." L smirked at Woohyun before he pulled Minji down the hall.

 

Woohyun clenched his jaw. *That bastard really thinks he has the right to call her that? After how he cheated on her? After how he offered to sell her? And for only 1,000 won? Dammit!* He punched a locker and stared at the blood that began to drip down the locker.

 

"Woohyun!" Mrs. Nam gasped and ran over before she grabbed his wrist and examined it. Mr. Nam also frowned, "Let's get that bandaged up." He and Mrs. Nam led Woohyun to the infirmary.

 

Jihyun bit her lip as she watched L and Minji walk away. *Who is she? Miyeon? That's her name, right? Wait! No! Minji!* She smiled when she finally got the girl's name right but frowned. *L and Minji are holding hands? Why? And he called her 'Babe'?* She blinked for a few seconds as she thought really hard. Her eyes suddenly went wide as she let out a loud gasp and face-palmed herself.

 

*Oh God! My dongsaeng got into a love triangle...*