Husband & Wife

She's The Maid, But She's My Maid, My Girl.

Breathe In and Breathe Out. Inhale and Exhale.

A simple two step routine and Hye Mi could not just get it right today. She was nervous, she felt sick. But then again, it was normal, right? She was getting married today. No longer would it be a thought, no longer would she sit and wonder what she had dug herself into.

“Hye Mi, please stop moving about now,” her mother instructed her, slapping her hands lightly to stop her from fidgeting.

“But I can’t mum,” replied still fidgeting with the make-up artist becoming annoyed that she would not stop moving.

 “Just do it, sweetie,” her mother smiled. She had no choice but sigh and keep as still as possible. Getting glammed up was not Hye Mi’s favourite thing, in fact she rarely ever did get glammed up. The only time she really was glammed up was when she went out with L.Joe and that wasn’t even proper glamming up. The only other times when she had some make up on and was decent looking was when visiting her father.  

“This is so exciting,” BoMi squealed in delight as the hairdresser began curling her hair. BoMi would be the maid of honour and also the only bridesmaid, in fact. She didn’t have anyone else to be a bridesmaid, but this didn’t bother her at all.

“A little Champagne anyone?” Mrs Lee cheered happily as she popped open the bottle. She truly was happy that Hye Mi and Byunghun were to get married. She felt proud and could not contain the happiness. On her face was a plastered smile, one that had been hiding away for a while but ready to be displayed for the world.

Sipping on champagne, all the females were enjoying themselves, enjoying this bonding time.

While in the other room, on the other side of the hotel, the men of this party weren’t getting glammed up but getting stressed out.  The realisation was setting in. The last moments of freedom for Byunghun but he didn’t mind it at all. In fact, Mr Lee was doing more stressing out than any other male in the room.

Putting on their suits and tuxedos, a smile crept on Byunghun’s face. After today, he would be able to create a new start for him and for Hye Mi. Today is the first day of forever.

“Come on guys, hurry up now. We have an hour before the official pictures must be taken,” Mr lee instructed all the males.

-----------

“ in your tummy,” Mrs Lee instructed Hye Mi as they clipped the clasp on the top of the dress. A wedding dress was never meant to be as comfortable as a Sunday lunch dress, there’s a reason why these dresses are extremely different.

“Alright, let’s go get these pictures taken,” Mrs Lee cheered and led the group down to the little garden towards the back of the hotel where the official pictures were to be taken.

Every few seconds Hye Mi would need to take a few big breaths and smooth out her dress to calm herself down. This was reality and no longer a passing thought. Getting married, she was getting married. 

Like a cliché book or a sappy movie, the two made eye contact and doves began to fly in the hair. Okay, so doves did not fly into the sky, just not yet. That’s for the actual ceremony. But the two did make eye contact and smile.

“Alright, I need the bride and groom first. I need you to hold her, yes just like that.” The photographer instructed, using a lot of hand movements to attempt to demonstrate how he wanted the pictures.

“Are you ready?” he whispered in her ears, making sure this extremely picky photographer did not hear.

“I am, are you?” she replied, attempting not to move her lips in such a distinctive way.

“Yeah, I am,” He said before spinning her around to face him. Gently, he placed his lips onto hers. The sounds of everyone’s gasps could be heard.

“This is not what I said!” The photographer was furious but regardless, he took those photos.

They continued to take photos and ended up one group photo, before the ceremony was to begin. Mrs Lee, Mr Lee and Hye Mi’s mother went off to greet guests as they arrived. The groomsmen and bridesmaid went elsewhere, leaving the couple alone.

“This is it,” She finally said, breaking the silence that enclosed them. She didn’t mean to make it sound like a regret, it was just her poor choice of words and tone that lead to that thought.

“If you don’t want to do it, you don’t have to,” he mumbled as a reply. He really didn’t want to hear once specific reply though. He wanted this marriage to work though, he wanted to believe that this relationship would be about to last, he wanted to see a future with Hye Mi in it.

“Who said anything like that,” she smiled gently. The minutes were passing by at rates which seemed too fast to actually be real. Letting go of her hand, he went to take his place at the ceremony next to the priest who would sign off the papers and make them officially wed.

Looking up at the man next to her, about to walk her down the aisle, she couldn’t be happier. Who better to walk her down the aisle than the man her father called his best friend? Without this man, the chances of her surviving til this day were slim. Without this man, she would have never been inside the Lee Household and she would never be where she is here today, marrying Byunghun.

Taking their steps down the carpet, a red colour, both their faces were filled with joy. Like every love story out there, everyone within the room were happy for the two, that is everyone but the Jungs who sat at their table at the back of the ballroom feeling miserable for themselves.  But this day was not meant to be about them anyways, so let’s refocus our attention.

Letting her go half way down the carpet, Mr Lee took his sit after giving Hye Mi a light squeeze on the arm. Squeeze of the arm, an international sign signalling things will be okay and stay calm. She took the remaining 2 metres by herself, for that was what her life was truly like. She started off with a father figure but was left to find herself in the harsh world. But now, she was trusting her life with another man, not just any man but a man who someone made his way into her heart.

The exact words that the priest had spoken that night weren’t remembered clearly, but only these exact words would be remembered in the future.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Lee Byunghun and Nam Hye Mi in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

&

By the Power vested in me by the state of Seoul (Special City), I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

The crowd roared into cheers as the couple kissed, sharing a moment that could never be forgotten, even in the years to come and even if one were to lose their memory. A marriage, what you lack in is what I will help you in. A marriage, a bond a union connecting the two. A marriage. 

 

 

 




I hope you all wore your wedding attire, cos I sure didn't! (Infact, I'm in my pj's but thats besides the point). 
I may come and edit this chapter in future times because I haven't proof read it, now am I extremely happy with it (I kinda rushed it because I didn't want to keep you guys waiting!) ahah. If I do, I'll let you guys know. 

\

But answer this question please, what do you think will happen now? 

_uraqt