Press Conference - Welcome to the Family!

She's The Maid, But She's My Maid, My Girl.

Camera flashes illuminating the room every few seconds. The blinding white reflected off the white wall back into the eyes of the reporters and photographers. Every person of any News Reporting Program, every network (as in channels for tvs), every journalists from newspapers and magazines were called to this press release. If the Jungs wanted to make things big, the Lee’s could do it one size bigger.

“I would like to reiterate that I am not getting married to Jung WooRi. I am not the father of her baby. I have a fiancée and I would not hurt her or our relationship by committing adultery.” Byunghun said in a monotone with the flashing lights in his face.

“Mr Lee!” A particular journalist shouted out above the rest of them.

“Yes?’ Byunghun nodded after seeing this journalist practically jumping up.

“Park KwangSoo, reporting for Woollim Weekly. Who and where is your fiancée? We’ve heard of her but we have not seen her before. Is she even real?” The journalist with dark hair and a glare which could cut ice asked. Everyone had been thinking the same thing but no one quite had the courage to ask.

“My Fiancée? She is here with me today. She is the most beautiful person in the world, after my mother of course.” He replied but this time not in a monotone voice but one with slightly more emotion in it.

“Why haven’t you shown her before?” Journalist Kim Asked once again.

“Because she is so beautiful that I have been afraid that if I show her to all of you that you might all fall in love with her.”

“Mr Lee, I asked for a name before. Who is your fiancée?” The same reporter pushed on. One reporter. How could one reporter be extremely annoying?

“My fiancée is Nam Hye Mi. Would you all give her a round of applause as she makes her way up,” Byunghun said, introducing the Hye Mi to the world.

“Hello. I am Hye Mi, fiancée to Lee Byunghun,” She bowed and spoke softly for a change. Her lips are quavering, she clearly is nervous.

“Miss Hye Mi, where have you been in the past? Why are you only now appearing?” Same Reporter. Same attitude. Mrs Lee quickly scribbled down that reporters name and his newspaper and handed it over to a secretary for them research this reporter and why he is extremely interested in Hye Mi and not on the actual information being presented at this press release.

“I have always been around. You have not been looking for me but snooping around searching for information that could destroy Lee Industries.” Hye Mi did not need the secretary to tell her who the reporter was. She already knew he is, remembering his face and name from when her, Ricky and Byunghun had broken into the database of the Jungs.

“Excuse me, what are you talking about?” The so called ‘journalist’ said, sending her an ice-breaking glare.

“Do not think I don’t know who you are. You are not Park KwangSoo and Woolim Weekly is not a Korean Newspaper but a Japanese Newspaper about Environmental Issue. How exactly did you get in? I do believe Woollim Weekly was not invited to this press release as not a single environmental concern or issue is being discussed today. ” She said, her lips no longer shaking. She quickly made eye contact with Byunghun who seemed lost. Mrs Lee smiled looking at her future daughter in law, as she finished reading the report the secretary got her. Hye Mi scanned the crowd of reports and journalists and happened to see a friendly and familiar face; Chunji. Well of course he would be there, why didn’t it occur to her that he would be there? He is the CEO of one of the largest networks in the country.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, you have all been conned by this man, Kim Myungsoo. He is claiming to be a colleague of yours but in reality, he is not. He is one of the Jung’s loyal workers, one who is here planning on tearing apart Lee Industries. Well I refuse for that to happen. My future parents-in-law have worked too hard for this company to let some immature company and their delirious slaves feebly attempt to destroy them. If WooRi would like a DNA Test, then a DNA test is what will happen, but I want you to all look at those ultrasound pictures closely. The images state that the woman in them is approximately 6 months pregnant with only one trimester left before giving birth. But look at WooRi, she is still as skinny as ever, with no weight change at all. How can she be nearly in her 3rd Trimester already? “

She bowed and walked off the small stage, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Upon closely looking at the image, Hye Mi instantly knew that WooRi could not be pregnant at all, well she could be but she wouldn’t know who would want to impregnate her, but Hye Mi knew the pictures could not belong to her. 6 Months ago was the start of her and Byunghun and 6 months ago, she knew he was annoyed by her, like always. Byunghun wouldn’t have slept with her, he detested her.

“Maybe I can get a job as a detective or a prosecutor,” she thought to herself.

“Good Job,” a voice said behind her as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her and a chin resting on her shoulder. Tilting her head slightly on the side, she was met with Byunghun’s face.

“Thank you,” she replied, resting her hands over his. She didn’t know what it was but she liked being like this. But was this an act to show their relation to the public or was this for their real relationship?

“How did you know all that?” He asked, still fascinated by her performance out there.

“Don’t you remember?”  She asked him, expecting a verbal response but getting a shake of the head instead, although she didn’t actually see it, she knew it was a no. “Remember that time when we had a fieldtrip with Ricky and happened to stumble on some information on a certain computer?” She hoped that he would catch on. It probably wouldn’t look very good if she bluntly stated that they hacked the Jungs at one point to gather that information.

“You’re extremely smart,” he complimented her.

“Hye Mi! Congratulations, you are now the top trending thing on Naver!” Chunji said, entering the room.

“Ummm, thanks I guess? Why would I be trending on there?” She asked, not sure of the impact she made.

“You’re so clueless. It’s gone viral – your small speech. I directly aired it live before and now all news bulletins on all channels are talking about it. Of course you would be trending now,” Chunji informed her, showing her a report about her on his phone.

“Look, someone wants to call you if she ever suspects her boyfriend of cheating. You’re one super detective,” Byunghun laughed.

“Hye Mi! Welcome to the Family!” 


 

Here is the second chapter as I mentioned in previous chapters. I thought it was time to speed things up! 
Enjoy, Working on the next chapter now. 


_uraqt