Dinner

She's The Maid, But She's My Maid, My Girl.

Feeling uncomfortable in her outfit, Hye Mi couldn’t help but squirm around. She was wearing platform shoes and a dress she deemed inappropriate to wear at a dinner with her future in-laws and her own mother. But how was she supposed to say that to Byunghun? He practically forced her into that dress.

Small chit chat hasn’t been something Hye Mi has exactly excelled in. After her father’s death, she stayed to herself most of the time not being able to comprehend it at it all. She believed in God but why would he take away her father from her? That young girl crying on the floor of their dry cleaning store when she learnt her father would not be able to play hide and go seek any more, when she learnt that she would not be able to see him, hug him or tell him that loves him anymore still lives inside of the young lady, almost a woman now.

As the waiter came around with the meals, each person smiled and thanked the waiter but with a question inside their heads; Why exactly did Byunghun want to have dinner together? He never used to want to even have dinner with his own parents once upon a time.

“Byunghun-ah, why have you called for this dinner?” His father said, after clearing his throat.

“Father, I believe it is only right of me to ask Ms Nam for the Hye Mi’s hand in marriage.”

“Oh No, please don’t make a scene,” Hye Mi groaned inwardy. This would definitely catch the eye of the waiters who would then make a big fuss. This restaurant is one of the biggest and most known restaurant in Seoul and that means plenty of big name stars would be there to; ranging from a few singers, to artists, journalists and even CEO’s of major companies. Everyone who had a name in any industry would be here.

“That is a good idea. Obviously he gets the intelligence and looks from me right,” Mrs Lee laughed. From an outsider’s perspective it looks like the two families at the table have always been close. It looks like they are old family friends without the complex history they actually have. If you look at Mrs Lee, it looks like she has always been the loving Parent Byunghun always needed while growing up, but we all know the truth. She was negligent to him, she didn’t care for him and yet somehow, somehow, they made it out okay. Somehow, she realised her wrongs. Somehow she actually becomes a somewhat decent mother.

“Mrs Nam, would you please allow me the honour of marrying your daughter? I vow to you that I will make her happy and treat her well. I will do my best to honour my title as her husband and I will wipe away any tears that may spill from her gorgeous eyes. She makes my world a brighter and much happier place, and if you allow me to marry her, I promise to you that I will never hurt her.”

Sincerity. That is the only word that can describe the passage Byunghun had just spoken out loud. He was being sincere and truthful; it’s true that Hye Mi does make him smile. It’s evident. And for him, he will try to make this marriage work even if they might end up divorcing sometime down the future.

All eyes fell onto Mrs Nam now. Awaiting her reply. Would she say yes? They all hoped so because the wedding is meant to go ahead. Plans are supposed to have started or be starting extremely soon!

“Of course. Make her smile every day and treat her like the queen.”

To this the entire restaurant which fell quiet cheered, but they were all waiting for the next question; the important question. But they didn’t know that this question had already been asked and answered, this time the ring would be present.

Getting off his seat with a smile plastered onto his face, he got down on one knee, pulling out a small red box while doing so.

“Nam Hye Mi, will you do me the honours of becoming my wife?”

He said as he opened the small box revealing the ring. The ring shined and glimmered as the lights from above hit the crystal in the centre reflecting at every angle.

“Yes.” She said quietly before realising that everyone else in the restaurant was waiting for her reply as well. “Yes, I will marry you!” She cheered louder for thee others to hear this time.

Getting up from his position, he slipped the ring onto her finger. A perfect match, just like the jeweller said it would be. Maybe it is true, maybe they are meant to be.

The Champaign soon came flowing out to them with everyone congratulating them on the new bond they will be creating. You could almost say that the night had indeed been quite perfect and ran smoothly.

Perfect. Like a Dream. 


Hi Everyone, 
I have exams next week! Mid Year Exams and me aren't very good friends. I haven't even started studying yet, wish me luck why don't you! haha, 
I have the next two chapters written up but I have to just adjust and add in correct names because I'm a horrible person who can't even remember the names of the characters she makes up. 
Anyways, 
They should be up in 3 days max. 

_uraqt