Nine

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                The bell rings, a signal that classes have ended. The banging doors are slammed by the excited groups of students, going out from their respective classrooms. Everyone else is happy because it’s the last day of school for this week, except Kyungsoo. He only moves at his desk when everyone else is gone.

                He leaves his room lifelessly, half-lidded sight, his wide diameter of eyes is almost hiding today. When he passes one of the classrooms, which is empty, a familiar aura is hanging in there. He does not know if the enemies are sensing that too, whatever, he needs to remove it. He places his palm on the wall from the outside, closes his eyes, and a glinting light comes out from his hand. He purifies the whole place.

                “I didn’t know you are studying in our school too.” He leans back as he heard that endearing voice behind him. It’s Minseok.

                Kyungsoo takes his hand away from the wall, still with his sad face. “I just recently transfer here so I can closely monitor Park Chanyeol. But, from the aura he left here, he’s not coming to school for days.”

                “How long has it been?”

                “Four days.” Kyungsoo shortly answered like a zombie. He sighs and ruffles his hair in frustration. “He’s not even going to the training class anymore! Hyung, Christmas is almost near. We can’t go home to our siblings like this.”

                Minseok exhales too but calmer than he expresses. He puts his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, to cool him down and stops his heavy breathing too.

                “I’ve been with Chanyeol for a long time now. I know he’ll be back to his old self and fight.” He assured.

                The two start walking, heading to their training for today.

 

                A loud scream yet delightful tone is coming out from the singing class, there’s an assessment today, so they need to do their best on the practice if they want to be the next big thing. Kyungsoo is simply sitting right at the corner, listening to his co-trainees from rehearsing. He is still bother about Chanyeol and can feel the boy is absent again as expected.

                “Do Kyungsoo.” His Music Teacher called him, who resembles a typical-strict-looking-principal, making everyone silent from her echoing voice.

                He stands up without energy at all, his steps as he walked is the only sound from that-now-silent-room. He moves forward to his teacher standing at the door while everyone else is looking at him. None of them becomes close to him because of his eyes, rich in sclera, they describe, scary.

                Kyungsoo and his teacher then proceed to the recording studio, where his assessment will be conducted. As soon as they enter, Kyungsoo hands his thumb drive to the audio engineer.

                “Please select the first song.” He politely said after bowing to this person. He goes inside the live booth, wearing the headset and position himself in front of the microphone.

                “What did you prepare for us, Do Kyungsoo-sshi?” His Teacher, who’s at the control room, asked him, holding a clipboard and pen in her arms. With his blinking eyes, instead responding back, he chooses to say something else.

                “Please play my song.” That an eyebrow raising request from Kyungsoo. However, his teacher thinks this student will be surprising him for his presentation so she let the staff start playing his piece.

                The music is soulful and emotional. Kyungsoo’s teacher is expecting an R&B performance to him, he begins it with humming. His initial singing is okay, not until the chorus.

 

                “Where are you, Baby?

                I’ve been missing you, missing you for days!

                I hope you are okay.

                Please come back here.

                Oh, baby! Yeah!”

 

                The staff and his teacher are both feeling dizzy with his singing. Kyungsoo has a good voice, but due to his overwhelming emotion, it’s all messed up. They are not thinking right anymore, his teacher stumbles on the floor and the staff accidentally presses the broadcast button. His very agonizing song is relayed all over the building.

                Everyone is disturbed of what just suddenly played on the speakers. Even the Kris’ group, whose hanging out on the footbridge, hears that can-consider-awful-sound. The prince is laughing out loud, does not care even Luhan’s doe eyes are glaring on him.

                “What’s wrong with them? Why do they let this ugly voice sing?” He falls on the floor then, holding his stomach from guffawing. Jongin and Luhan are simply staring at him, standing in the railings, but Luhan is more than staring, his glaring.

                “Aren’t you a part of the Singing Class too?” Jongin asked him. Luhan turns his head, still not done giving those ungrateful eyes.

                “Not yet. And it seems, I’ll stick with the Dance Class if they let that person sings.” Kai chuckles on his response and both back watching their boss rolling on the floor from laughing.

 

                Kyungsoo finishes his performance with humming just like how he started it. His teacher and the staff is quickly revive as soon as he's done. They are relieved that the unbearable singing has finally come to an end, getting back to their posture like before, but bizarre things are not done yet.

                “The air conditioner must be broken. It’s getting cold.” The male staff talked and later, the effect is showing due to their shivering actions.

                Kyungsoo notices the glass that is dividing him from them is getting foggy; then, becomes completely white. He panics because he knows the reason for this sudden incident. He hurriedly goes out from the Live Room and run to the exit.

                “Hey Do Kyungsoo!” With a trembling voice, he just makes his Teacher shouts pathetically.

               And, as he comes out, the projected cause is waiting for him. Minseok abruptly grabs his collar, pulling him inside the nearest empty room he will see.

                Minseok locks the door, getting back from holding his collar and pins him at the wall.

                “What do you think you are doing?” Minseok asked him, with a low yet terrifying voice. Kyungsoo only responses by blinking his big round eyes. “Do you want to be kicked out of here and really never see Chanyeol again?”

                “But… I’m just worried of him.” Kyungsoo is being fidgety, groping the wall behind him with both his hands.

                “WORRIED? It’s like a public announcement that you put into a song!” And, Minseok makes Kyungsoo cried. He lets the boy collapses on the floor, hovering in tears, whimpering loudly same with a weeping baby. “Stop crying! You’re a careless messenger, Gabriel.”

 

                Meanwhile, the reason for Kyungsoo’s odd behavior, is wandering in the streets, hiding in his oversized-black-hooded-jacket. Chanyeol goes to convenient store today, wearing his uniform inside that coat. He always leaves their house but he’s not going to school. He does not have the courage to go on places where someone knows him. After what just happened, he lost his will to live.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter