Thirty Seven

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: It hurch...

 

   The day passes so quickly. The memories from the honeymoon flash to Chanyeol every morning whenever she wakes up. The fishing in the lake, their basketball game, and the teasing like kids that they do most of their time at Mt. Chuwolsan, those are sweet things that she will miss from the holiday. And she joyfully obtained enough captures from those moments.  Chanyeol wishes the timelines will not fade away like her future, and her husband's.

 

   Kris walks inside the room he and his wife shared that 12th morning of April. He spots Chanyeol sitting at the round table, who is sticking pictures at the scrapbook which she has been working for a while now. He grins at the view of his wife's back. She looks so calm and her face is bright, busy with every colourful pages of her project.

   Kris does not want to disturb her. "Do you need anything, My Love?" But, he fails and distracts her anyway.

   Rubbing the back of his neck, the Demon Prince only replies after his wife closed the book. "Nothing. Umm… is it done?"

   "Yes." Chanyeol neatly pushes the book in the center of the table before she stands and joins her husband.

   Her long skirt gracefully sways as she walks and Kris always expresses awe, even she wears white dress every day. Kris himself never clothed black anymore.  Chanyeol clings her arm around her husband's as they go out from the room together.

   At the corridor, they pass the pillars and behind, they can view the blue clear sky, as if the nothing is wrong. Their silence in the walk bothers Kris; who thinks there should be a few talk at this moment. The sun shines on his wife’s face as he looks at her. The latter senses his stare so she does the same, expressing anticipation to any word he will say.

   He quickly formulates a statement or a question inside his mind and the product comes out. “What time are we leaving?”

   Chanyeol's hold tightens in Kris's arm. It may not show on her face but she is obviously nervous of what is going to happen soon. The couple has never really talked about a plan for today’s event together. Although Kris regrets his question, he realizes they should face this issue as soon as possible.

   Chanyeol looks forward their path and willingly answers him. “We can go before noon.”

   Kris pulls him gently to stop their walk and asks. “Are you sure?”

   Chanyeol is tensed and yet she nods. The couple walks in silence once more.

   Kris is the one who put her in her current troubled state so with his guilt, he attempts to brighten Chanyeol’s mood.

   "What do you think Lulu made for breakfast?” He asked. “I never see him in the kitchen back when he was my servant. Do you think his cooking is edible?"

   He seems successful as Chanyeol elbows him at his side. "Our baby won't live if it's not."

   "I really hope he can take care of him well." Kris leans to Chanyeol's face and pecks on her lips before he opens the door in front of them.

   Lucifer places the last plate completing three sets of utensils on the round table. He is dressed in a regular angel’s clothes. The feast he prepared seems too extravagant for this time of day, telling the couple it is the final meal of their life.

   The wingless angel is not smiling and not so serious when he welcomes them in the table. Chanyeol and Kris’ eyes lock at their golden egg rests on top of one chair. It is blinking like usual. Kris shifts his focus to his wife and notices the tears forming on her eyes. The ambiance must be too sad so Kris finds a way to ease her emotion.

   "I thought angels don't have the ability to eat in that form?" And the method he thought is by picking the innocent Lucifer.

   "Kris, don't be so mean to him." Chanyeol scowls. His action just makes his wife's mood worse.

   "Well, if you don't wish to be here with me, I can leave you alone." Lucifer is used to his old master's treatment that he calmly reacts to it.

   Chanyeol glares at her husband, who rolls his eyes at her. Then with bright face on, she changes the direction of her sight. "No, don't listen to him. Eat with us, Hyung."

   All sitting on the chair, Chanyeol initiates a prayer to her father while they are clasping the hands of one another. She gives her thanks for the food and wishes for the success of today's task. Other than that, she mentions heaps of things as if she is giving her last message to her beloved father.

   "I love you, Dad." She mutters and a tear falls from her eye.

   Lucifer knows God can hear his daughter. And, Lucifer knows the mission given to Kris and Chanyeol is cruel. But there is always a need for sacrifice, whatever the weight of its importance. God himself will also expense anything for the sake of a greater good.

   Silently sitting at his chair and staring at his maiden, the wingless angel prays something in his mind as well. 'Please, Father, save the lives of these children. Please don't take their youth away from them. They love each other purely that I beg you to consider my prayer.'

 

 

 

   The breakfast is done and Lucifer, who is cleaning the dining area, is the only one left there. He suddenly hears feet rushing and coming closer to his way. Opening the door, an excited Chanyeol appears behind it. Lucifer is a little confused of her but he calmly waits for his maiden’s next movement.

   Like a sneaky gradeschool child, Chanyeol walks forward Lucifer’s direction. Her hands are kept at her back and the angel feels she is hiding something there. Without prolonging the suspense, the maiden brings her hands in front and reveals her scrapbook to the angel.

   “Tada!” She delightfully sings.

   The huge brown book she was working for days is done and ready to be presented. Lucifer accepts and stares at it with curiosity, carefully opening Chanyeol’s project. The book is full of Chanyeol and Kris’ Polaroid pictures and each of them has a caption included, which were written neatly. The angel glances back to Chanyeol with eyes in complete amazement.

   Eyes sparkle, Chanyeol shyly looks down the floor while scratching her chin with one finger. “Kris and I made sure we leave memories for our baby.” A disappointment hits the angel, who firstly thought the scrapbook is for him. But, that’s silly. ‘Why am I going to receive such item anyway?’ Chanyeol takes him out of his thought as she reaches one of his hands and holds it firmly. “Haha. I want to include pictures of you, Minseok-hyung, Kyungsoo and the rest of the angels but I’m aware you won’t be visible in the camera.” She sighs. “I… I-I really hope Kris and I are not going to fade in these images like our existence in time and space.”

   Her last words are shaky and to steady her, Lucifer tightens his hold in her hand as well.

   “Of course it won’t.” The pair takes warm from each other with a hug. Chanyeol leans down the angel’s shoulder and nuzzles him.

   “I love you, Luhan.” That is Lucifer’s human name, hearing it feels uplifting to his heart and in his overwhelming emotion, he awkwardly pats his Mistress’ back.

   “I love you too.”

 

 

 

   The sun is bright and at the center of the sky. It is almost noon. Embracing the egg in his arms, Lucifer looks down the broken planet at the edge of their house. The pressure is coming its way to him, he, who does not wishes the hours pass midday. He does not want to be apart to his Master and Mistress.

   Kris must not be the kindest boy Lucifer meets but he watches over him since the day he was born. The Now-Wingless-Angel thought he will spent his entire life taking care of the once bratty kid back then. Not until he returns to his siblings due to one endearing boy. His name is Park Chanyeol and he always has a radiant smile on his face that as bright as the sun above. The couple may be too opposite to be together but love makes them stick side-by-side permanently.

   “Hyung.” He turns back as soon as he heard his name called softly. Kris and Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter