Twenty Three

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Please excuse the increasing death rate.

 

              The night in the Angel’s Place is fairly loud due to squealing noises made everything in the kitchen.

                Taemin’s face is so red as if he is drunk and it only appears he is chugging a pitcher of hot chocolate he pays so he can be human. His other archangel brothers can simply ogles and sit with him on the island. He is giggling without anything to laugh on but that must be the work of his payment.

                “I think this is a wrong idea after all, Kyungsoo.” Minseok rests the side of his head on his palm, darting his gaze on his younger sibling beside him. “Look at him!”

                “He looks fun though. Uriel is always serious like you and this is a great chance to see him mad.” Minseok rolls his eyes sighing; amusement is suddenly interrupted when Chanyeol stands from his seat.

                “Hey, you didn’t touch your hot choco!” Taemin who is beside him pouts his lips seeing his treasure to be wasted.

                “Take it, I’m going to rest.” Even he still has a handful of that drink around his hold, he greedily ravish the cup Chanyeol left.

                 Kyungsoo signals the oldest to permit him to follow their delegate and he automatically gets Minseok approval. Silently sneaking inside Chanyeol’s room, he found the owner crying like he is badly hurt. He rushes to sit beside the edge of Chanyeol’s bed in order to comfort him. The taller does not reject the torso he offers and hugs it tightly, burying his face on Kyungsoo’s chest.

                “Chanyeol, what’s wrong?” Petting Chanyeol’s head, the short boy’s payment is attacking him by just seeing him weeps pathetically.

                The teenager’s whimper cracks, yet he tries to answer him. “M-my heart feels so much pain and I don’t know why!”

                That is incomprehensible to Kyungsoo because it was muffled. But, he tries to understand. “Why, what happened?”

                “Th-there’s this… this person! It’s always cold around, but… recently it’s warm… and then suddenly it’s cold again!”

                The words coming out from Chanyeol’s mouth is really difficult to perceive, pushing Kyungsoo’s nerve to its limit. However, he could not scold the other with his poor state at the moment. He does not let his temper take over him so he hushes Chanyeol. Kyungsoo encourages himself to analyze again the statement the taller provided, delivering the best conclusion he could think of.

 

                “Are you… in-love?”

 

                “What?” Chanyeol pushes himself away from Kyungsoo in his shock. “I-It can’t be! There’s no way I would fall to a demon!”

                “Huh? You’re in love with Kris?”

                “No!” The taller blocks his face with his own hand and his secret is revealed effortlessly.

                Chanyeol cries harder out of embarrassment; Kyungsoo is starting to hovers to tears too, shaking, he tries to ease the other again. He concluded that it will be Kris since there is no other demon he could think of to be link to his cared delegate. He successfully places Chanyeol onto his arms, letting the other to wash away the heavy feeling.

                “I can’t fall for him, Kyungsoo!” He sniffs. “He’s arrogant, rude, selfish, and all I can think to describe him as a demon! I really can’t, you know. I can’t.”

                “Shh… We will find a way to remove that feeling of yours. If the demons will discover that out, they will use it as your weakness. Do you want that?”

                Chanyeol looks at him hastily with wet face and swollen eyes. “No!”

                “Good. Now hush, Chanyeol. We are planning to make another face-off with the enemy so get yourself together.”

                “I-I will.”

 

                A rainy day has come and Chanyeol’s company can only stay at home. There will be a fight going to happen this weekend that their leader is making the best tactic he could think of. It is very unusual for Taemin and Yixing to help him with their human form but they do. Everyone in their group feels like this will be grandest battle as if it is the final. Even the remaining archangel siblings will come to make it balance and flawless, the probable reason why they feel that way.

                While half of the group is busy with planning, the other half is at Chanyeol’s room. Their delegate is receiving a haircut from Kyungsoo to cease the scenarios of mistaking him as a girl again. Due to the Kyungsoo’s latest discovery, he begins to hate seeing the hurt Chanyeol because this is affecting his payment too. The contagious attraction created when men saw their delegate is also pissing him off. So he will make sure to have the taller boy a manly cut. And in the meantime, Sehun is quietly being with them, sitting beside the window as he watches the rain outside.

                “It feels like Friday is going to be my last fight.” Still dazing outdoor, Sehun mumbled out of the blue making Chanyeol and Kyungsoo exchange look and interrupted their haircut session.

                “Huh? Do you think Kris will win the game on Friday?” He looks at Kyungsoo who is providing him an eyebrow raised.

                He shows them a blank smile while shaking his head. “No, for me… it’s my last.”

                “Why? Do you think you are going to die?” Kyungsoo’s voice is rising that Chanyeol needs to nudge him so he will refrain doing it. “Do you think Chanyeol will be happy hearing that?”

                “I don’t want you to die Sehun!” Their delegate seconds the shortest’s statement. Sehun hearty laughs, raising his hand like he is vowing.

                “Alright, I’ll try.” That is still doubtful for Chanyeol yet he suddenly becomes curious of something.

                He is shy to ask but he still attempts to. “Umm, Kyungsoo, do angels really die?”

                “Of course, but unlike Human we can never be reborn again. Our existence will completely vanish like we never happen.” Kyungsoo sighs before he continues to explain. “With our previous battle since the ancient time, demons have killed a lot of our brothers and we don’t have a power to bring them back again. We are not allowed to do the same with the enemies though. We can only punish them, but taking their existence is the most forbidden sin. And to tell you frankly, one had done it that caused him his identity. And, he might have not killed our brothers with his own hands but he controls demon to do it for him. Sehun knows him very well.”

                “Lu-ci-fer?’ Sehun looks at Chanyeol, hurt since the latter seemed to hit the riddle.

                Chanyeol regrets asking that; dumbfounded with his new knowledge. Kyungsoo stops cutting his hair only to put both hands on his shoulders. He reluctantly raises his head to glance the latter above him.

                “Tell me. Does that mean I will die the same like you guys?”

                Kyungsoo stares on the other direction with a saddened face then eyes on him again. “I dislike saying this but… yes. Don’t worry though! Why do think we become your guardians if we let that happen? We guarantee you, My Lady that you will never get any harm. Right, Sehun?”

                “Yes.”

                Chanyeol’s sights are on the youngest again. The boy seems so down today that he cannot help getting bothered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter