Twenty Five

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Black fireballs are everywhere. Chanyeol tries to dodge it as much as he can, running here and there and hiding at any spot he can find.

               The pair chose the top of the buildings as their battlefield which is their common venue. There are only two of them, like the old days when their first match held.

                "Chanyeol, are you going just to keep on running? And, in your human form? You’re going to lose your stamina and strength, Sweetie."

                The Demon Prince loudly laughs that the younger male can clearly hear at the wall where he pressed his back on. Chanyeol slowly descends down and sits on the floor. He is tired from the chasing, not every shot Kris gave him escaped his lanky body.  He takes off his hoodie jacket and leaves the also torn and burnt white undershirt he is wearing.

                Chanyeol cannot hide there from Kris forever. And, he cannot run away from his responsibility to fight with the Demon Prince until the very end. This is their final battle and they both need to end this together.

 

                “Park Chanyeol, show me you’re a man!” Kris  called the younger male once more and his wish for him to come out is granted.

                “Alright.” A light flashes suddenly from the corner of a wall. Kris heard steps little by little going closer to him.

                The female Chanyeol reveals herself at last.

                Kris celebrates her appearance by laughing, his dragon-like wings flap like claws waiting to devour the delicate maiden. Chanyeol’s body is healed from the wounds she got from the attack when she was still in human form. She swings her hand to release her sword from there, positioning herself to her fighting post.

                “You’re too hot.” Chanyeol said “I’m just letting you warm up.”

                “That’s more like it! Give me what you got, Baby.” And, Chanyeol accepts his challenge.

                The pair starts their battle in a kind-of-sparring manner not until deafening sounds of brushing metal from their swords which are flaming when they rub it together. This happened before and that was from their recent fight. Since today, the winner will be finally named; none of them wants to bit the dust.

                If Kris wins, Chanyeol knows what she will end up, but what if it is the other way around? The Heaven’s Delegate initially plans to play it by ear, yet this is a serious task so she needs to decide what she would really do to her Demon counterpart.

               ‘Can I kill you too, Kris?’ Chanyeol grunts when she exerts force to her attacks that Kris can simply parry. The young lord’s pokerfaced today means winning will not be easy. She admits that Kris is stronger in terms of form and tactic. It makes her feel that the score she gained on the previous  were all just luck.

                ‘What about you? Do you really want to take my life away? If I die, will it make you happy? The threats for my existence will be removed once I killed you. But, why I feel so hurt whenever I hit this sword to you? Why I feel so sad thinking you’ll be gone? Why I feel like you are so important to me?’

                Chanyeol drops her sword and Kris takes that as an opportunity to push her down. She bounces and twists on the floor as if she is a ball before she lays there, flat in her defeat. The magic of her maiden form disappears, leaving her with her human worn-out self.

                Kris is surprised of her sudden submission but he quickly eliminates it and changes into a smirk. He comes closer to his mate whom he finds with an expressionless face, staring up the sky. Kris mocks Chanyeol while he aims his sword at the latter’s heart and stabs him, receiving a cry from the younger. The prick is still shallow but it is already painful for Chanyeol.

                “You lose, Chanyeol and you know what that means.” Kris smugly laughs but pauses when he sees Chanyeol gazing at him with sad-looking-eyes. “W-will you simply drop your life for me?”

                “Yes, if that will makes you happy.” Chanyeol answered while trying to smile.

                “Huh?” The demon prince gets confused by him, pressing his sword deeper to the younger male.

                Chanyeol groans softly before he speaks. “Didn’t you hear what I said? I like you to win, Kris, because that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter