Twenty Two

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Another day has come and another battle is occurring again in the sky. The charging yell, clashes of swords, flying arrows are deafening which come from the strong young men representing each other’s kingdom. Today’s match seems to be lively that the demon called Leviathan wonders on what is going around him.

                There are two angels who caught most of his attention naming Efes and Lucifer. Without a doubt, these two shows a magnificent fight, both pairs of eyes glow in sky blue. But, their movements are as if scripted with the smoothness and synchronization.

                Leviathan is too busy watching the pair's fight. One of his fellow demon bumps against him and he is not joining his brother Bel anymore in battling with Gabriel.

                Michael proves his leader title making his opponents struggle facing him. Since he is also going against Mammon, Amon stops for a while to scold the dazed Envy Bearer.

                “Levi! What are you slacking off there?” The demon gets back to himself when he heard the growl of his brother.

                He points to the direction of the twins. “Look at those two. Can you see something unusual?”

                “They are passionate as always.” Levi shakes his head and face-palms; he puts his hand on the latter’s shoulder.

                “Don’t you think they fight perfectly as if you are watching an epic movie?” Kai laughs in full blown as if he just heard the funniest joke of the year from Levi. The latter is totally done with him. “Yah! Please take me seriously!”

                There is a little tear coming from Kai’s eyes from laughing that he needs to wipe it himself. “I’ve been with Lucifer all my existence that I know every corner of him. He’s just like that because the one he is fighting to is his twin. So they match every attack in sync.”

                Levi takes a deep breath in irritation and the other demon pats his shoulder with a smirk.

                “Why don’t you look the couple in the highest peak? They are more like flirting than fighting.”

 

                And Levi notices that too. Kris and Chanyeol are grinning like mad men as they clash their swords against each other. After the pair got stuck on Mt. Chuwolsan, their relationship is much better. They did not tell anyone what happened between them but with their recent interactions, they are giving hint on it.

                There are arrows aiming to Chanyeol and Kris pulls his mate closer to him so she will not get hit.

                “Hey!” Gently shoving him away, Chanyeol looks around with a flushed cheeks. Kris chuckles at him that she can only pout.

                “I already told her before the fight to not aim at you or you’ll become a big bird again. She’s really stubborn. Would you like me to kill her?”

                Chanyeol shakes her head with furrowed brows. “Don’t be so mean.”   They can sense the stares from their subordinates that they begin hitting swords like they mean it. “Say, can you lose to this game so we are quits?”

                “No, Sweetie, you’re going to hurt my pride. In the end, I’m the one who’s going to win anyway and I’ll be taking your life.”

                The maiden looks at him smugly. ‘Can you really kill me?’

                “What’s the haul bag for?” Kris points his gaze on the huge bag clinging behind Chanyeol. “Going to climb somewhere?”

                Chanyeol rubs the back of her head then shakes it. “Just need to take care of some things.”

                In the middle of an unusual active battle today, a being lands on a cloud where everyone can be seen below it. With his golden sandals, he leisurely steps forward on the edge to watch the angels and demons fighting underneath. The color of his eye is teal and hair is brown. There is no doubt he is a beautiful angel, smiling with his pouty lips.

                “Huh? Jesus must have mistaken. It seems I am not needed here.” He ogles more before a black arrow carelessly about to hit him. “Hey!” He finds the culprit of the attack, discovering that it comes from a demon shooting three arrows at once at the back everyone else. Glaring to the enemy, a white and gold bow magically appears in his hand.

                A white light forming into an arrow shows on his other grasp, targets it then to female demon.

 

                Asmodeus feels the pain of the white arrow shot on her right shoulder, and another is thrown to her in just a second passed. The attack multiplies that she cannot figure out who aims it. She instead screams in irritation, shifting to a different spot. Her eyes scan as she moves to another place for any upcoming arrows that will be stabbing her. Her predictions are right, a line of arrows are going to land on her; she tries to stop it by pointing her shots to it.

                The angels notice the sudden ease with their fight when the black arrows halt in assaulting them. Glancing above, they see those are clashing with white ones.

                “Uriel is here!” Raphael happily announced, flipping in celebration. The female demon seems not to be amused knowing the being that hinders her movements.

                “That CREEP?” She hysterically said, her breathings become deep like she is about to release a fire from her nostrils, in anger. “YAH! SHOW YOURSELF TO ME, YOU DAMN ANGEL!”

                Sweet laughs echo around them and the anticipated archangel appears. Chanyeol is mesmerized of his appearance; Kris on the other hand outbreaks with jealousy again, waving his hand in front of his mate.

                Asmodeus does not waste time anymore, launching upward to engage a proper duel with her fated rival. Both of them release their sword, displaying a sharp offense against each other. It has been so long since the last time they faced.

                Defending on every attack, Uriel continues with his light laughter. “Miss me?”

                “Yeah, I miss your ugly face!”

                “But, you are uglier than I am.” The dulcet sound coming from his endearing mouth is poison for the female demon. It makes her go insane and she is getting sloppy.

                Due to too much annoyance she is feeling, she screeches, disappearing to only be beside their young master. She clutches her fingers harshly to Kris that the other growls in protest. Everybody else cannot hear the curses the Demon Prince lays on her because they vanish. Since they are gone, their party leaves one by one as well.

 

                The angels come closer together after it. Raphael wraps his arm on the neck of the younger archangel to give him a noogie.

                “You drive her nuts, Uriel!” He snorts.

                “I like her getting to that cos’ she’s turning to a pig.” The pair is busy guffawing on the recent incident, ignoring their leader comes in front of them with seriously looking at them.

                “Ahem.” Michael clears his throat so the two will stop. “You should formally meet our Lady, Uriel.”

                “Is this the famous Park Chanyeol?” The angel who is new to the maiden carefully rests his hands on her side. “You-you’re so pretty.”

                Chanyeol feels his nervousness, trying to ease it by praising him. “You’re pretty too. As a matter of fact… the prettiest I’ve ever seen.”

             Chuckling forcedly, Uriel becomes a little down and rubs his chin with his finger. “Correction, I go down to second place when Lucifer enters the competition. I have nothing against him, Efes, even he did some reckless thing. It’s just that—”

                “Ahem.” A second clearing of throat interrupted his monologue making him breaths like he is having hiccups. “Show your ethics, Archangel.”

                Uriel rolls his before he positions himself in a kneeling position on the air.  “Nice to meet you, My Dear Lady.”

                Chanyeol nods and beams brightly to the angel. “Me too.”

 

                Returning to Earth, they create the common chaos after turning back to human. Chanyeol this time prepares himself for the payment his guardian needs to settle. That is the use of the haul bag behind him.

                “Hyung, I made a mega-dagwood-sandwich-deluxe for you.”

                “Really?” The teenager takes the one he was talking about out of his bag wrapped in a generous amount of foil. No one will consider it a sandwich anymore from its height of 1 meter. And, no one can answer how it fits inside his carrier.

                Minseok plunges in chomping his meal hungrily; Chanyeol then continues supplying the other members of his group. He gives Kyungsoo a box of tissue to cry on and a garbage bag where he can put the used. He tosses a soft white pillow to Yixing who catches it with his mouth as if he is a dog, quickly sleeping on the middle of the street after receiving it.

                “Wow! You handle their payments well.” Chanyeol turns back simply to get surprise of what person Uriel turns into.

                He becomes Lee Taemin, a rookie SM debut recently. Chanyeol has never guessed one of the archangels is a celebrity. He wants to ask him something but he is too starstruck at the moment that he forgets it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter