Sixteen

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Sehun rushes to the hospital as he sensed Chanyeol’s powerful grieving aura from there. He finally reaches the 16-year-old boy, finds him sitting on the bench with an empty expression in a bloody and dirty form.

                “Hyung!” His younger human form sits beside the dead-looking person in rush, lifts his arms to check if there is a major damage. He pauses from what he is doing as he heard Chanyeol’s breath hitches. The other boy looks at him and Sehun notices how anxious he is with his pitiful-puffy-eyes.

                “Sehun, I…” He swallows and tears fall again from his sight. Seeing him like this makes Sehun want him to simply shut his mouth. The younger hushes and hugs him because those are what he needs right now. He only sobs more in the arms of the angel. “...I couldn't save her.”

                “You tried your best, Hyung.” The boy puts his hand to the older’s hair while the other rubs his back to calm him down. “I should not let you leave alone.”

                “No, i-it’s not your fault.”

                Chanyeol whimpers more and bury his head on the younger’s chest. He could not talk anymore because of the emotion he is releasing and it seems like Sehun is not asking him to speak more so he stays in his warmth.

                In the silent corridor where only Chanyeol’s weeping sound can be heard, the noise of a footstep added to it. A man in solemn movement is coming closer to them. Chanyeol and Sehun sense it, looking the direction of the newcomer.

                It is Chanyeol’s father who looks stress after somebody from the hospital summons him there. His child stands from his seat and about to approach him but the doctor coming out from a room does it first. The doctor has a gloomy expression, facing the restless Mr. Park.

                “He’s my father.” Chanyeol opens his dry mouth to introduce his Dad to the doctor. Mr. Park grips the man at both side of his arm, eyes craving for an answer. And, the doctor give him what he wants, seriously looks at him while shaking his head.

                “I’m sorry, Mr. Park but your wife is announced dead-on-arrival.” Mr. Park’s hands leave the doctor after hearing the news that he could only have in his nightmare. This is reality and everything that is happening is true.

                “Dad.” With Chanyeol’s weak voice, he gets the attention of his father.

                Mr. Park scans him with his eyes; his son is covered with dirt and blood but the boy seems to have no damage at all.

                “YOU!” Chanyeol’s Father grips his collar with anger; he lost his wife and no one can be pointed out to blame other than his lanky son.

                Chanyeol tightly closes his eyes, tears fall continuously while his father is still holding him. Sehun cannot let this person treat their delegate like that so he moves his feet, trying to take Chanyeol out of Mr. Park’s grasp.

                “I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said in a broken tone yet his father does not budge and keeps the glare to him.

                “How could your mom die? You’re there! You supposed to protect her!” The man is raging as he shouted to his only son.

                “I… tried to, Dad. But…”

                “No! Look at you! You’re alright while your Mom is there, DEAD!” Mr. Park firmly pointed to the room where his lifeless mother is lying.

             Chanyeol wants to fall to the ground seeing how his Dad blames him. Mr. Park must been hating him right now. Before the boy becomes smaller from depression and from his father’s confrontation, someone embraces him and moves him away from the furious man.

                “Stop it, Mr. Park.” Minseok and the other two guardian angels are back, surrounding their delegate and not letting his father sees him. “You should be thankful that you still have one family member left rather than losing both.”

                It has been a long time since Chanyeol last seen them that he cannot control the longing but shameful to appear so terrible in front of them. Kyungsoo gets him from Minseok, taking a white hanky out of his pocket to wipe the dirt on his face. His eyes shift gazing at his father and see him taken aback by his previous action.

                “We will be taking your son to our care for a while if you don’t mind. We can let you see him again when the wake is prepared and if you put yourself back together. Now, if you excuse us.”

                The group leaves Chanyeol’s father with a dumbfounded face; stares that person judgingly before it. The man is left alone speechless.

 

                In the empty staircase, Minseok lets his wings out to cover the five of them; in an instance, they are sent to their headquarters.

                As soon as they arrived, the lights there are blinking like all of them are defective or something. The guardians do not know the reason behind it but a firm-deep-tone give them a clue of who’s doing that.

                “I’ll kill all of them.”

                Minseok, Kyungsoo, Yixing and Sehun look behind their back in timing of the explosion of all the lights in the living room where they are all spotted at the moment. When the room turns to darkness, a line of sparkling flames run up to the wall; the person who is talking glows with the same flare as well.

                “Their lives will not be enough to replace my mother. I’ll kill all of them. I’ll kill those demons. I’ll kill Lucifer. I’ll kill Kris.”

                “Hey. Chanyeol, calm down.” Yixing who is the most composed of the angels holds both of his shoulder and Chanyeol widely glares his eyes at him. “I know they’ve done something very unforgivable for you but it will not make you happy and you will not able to move on. Do you want that?”

                It eases Chanyeol a little, lowering the level of his stare thinking what his guardian have said. However, the power he just releases is uncontrollable that the floor and the wall crack because of it. With the overwhelming force, he is not on himself right now.

               “But, they killed my mother! They need to pay for it!” His eyes become gold, the same whenever he transforms as a maiden. If they angels won’t do something about it, their shelter will be ruined to dust.

                “Chanyeol, I know how important your Mom for you but you still have your friends. You still have us. I know Mr. Park is angry right now but I know he still loves you.” Chanyeol closes his eyes and a tear fall from it, getting back his brown orbs back. Minseok does not care if he is having those fiery glows, hugging him in order to help him relax. Sooner than they thought, their headquarters is safe from being destroyed and all the flames are gone. “Chanyeol, you’re a strong boy. We believe you can overcome this without using the same dirty tactic. We will help you stand again, okay?”

                Chanyeol nods and answers his embrace back. The angels look at each other with relief, that they are able to bring their maiden back to himself.

                While they are busy with sentimental moment, everyone is not aware of Sehun’s glowing eyes with similar color to his twins.

 

                In the side of the demons, Lucifer is experiencing the same. The glowing of their eyes basically explains that they are still connected. They can see what the other can see. Although, in this situation, they can freely use it against each other and tell their comrades the secret of their separate party; yet, none of them uses it as an advantage. Sehun sometimes use it only to keep Chanyeol safe while Luhan won’t move because of his overwhelming pride.

                Laughter coming from the entrance of demon's place, the sitting fal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter