Thirty One

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                "Daddy? Woah!" Without answering Kris' question, the Godly Being in black wraps his gigantic hand around the Demon Prince's body and lifts him.

                "Hahaha! You've grown up handsome like me." Kris scowls at his father's finger that is poking his face. The Evil King notices Chanyeol's stunned stare at him and he smirks. Now, the maiden knows where her boyfriend gets his signature expression. "Is that Heaven's Delegate who stole your heart, son? She's gorgeous."

                Chanyeol does not know but she feels shiver with the Evil King's comment. "Chanyeol." She shifts her gaze to the other giant who already placed his hand open near her feet, like inviting her to hop on his palm.

                Chanyeol accepted it because she is aware that, that being is her father. Once she is carried by that huge hand, she transfers to God's shoulder and both of them smile with anticipation in their eyes.

                "What are you doing here, Pops?" Kris asked, interrupting the reunion of the two.

                "Hanging out with my best friend?"

                "Say that one more time? FRIEND? And... BEST FRIEND?" The word he repeated after his father sounds so foreign to him. Especially, it is coming from the Evil King himself.

                "The mortal may not know but our relationship has been like that from the start. And, the battle that's been going for years is like this game of chess." His father laughs. "Sometimes friends sulk at each other but will reconcile shortly. YHWH, why don't you prepare something for our children?"

                The smiling calm being nods and snaps his fingers. In an instant, two cups of sky-blue-colored drink appear before them; they are for the size of the gods with them though. God of Heaven picks a handful of white clouds floating above his head and puts it in the cups.

                "Drink up, kids." The King of Hell offered. Although the young couple is like a hundred meters away, they are able to exchange looks.

                They are hesitant at first, hop down the floor, and try to reach the cup at the same time. Without knowing, the size of the cup just fit their hands right. Looking at their parent, Chanyeol and Kris cannot believe they are at the same level as them now and the room does not look so big like before.

                The pair sits in each chair beside their parents that appeared all of a sudden. They take a sip of the drink that was offered to them.

                "I'm glad you visited me here, child." God's tone is soothing as if Chanyeol is floating while hearing him speak.

                "D-dad?" She verifies first if she is allowed to call him that, which her father answers with a nod. "I bet you know why I'm here, right?"

                "Of course." He willingly replied. "The world I place you in is dying and that's because the evil in human's heart is more dominating than the good one. The imbalance is getting too much for it to handle."

                Chanyeol trembles while making an eye-contact with Kris. Hesitantly, she speaks. "Does that mean there's no way we can stop it from the destruction?"

                God releases a deep sigh before he answers. "No, there is." He looks at Kris and continues. "But, I could tell you that after you finish drinking."

                "I can wait for Chanyeol outside since I'm not here for a tea party." And, the Demon Prince takes the last sip on his cup.

                "Very well said." The God nods. "My friend?"

                The Evil King snobbishly holds his son's collar with his fingers and Kris returns from a midget again. He stands, revealing his black demon wings at his back. Once he flaps it, he and his son are gone.

                "Alright, now that we're all alone, are you ready to listen to me?" Chanyeol hesitantly nods at his question. God smiles, holding her hand then he starts talking.

 

                Meanwhile, Kris and his father appear at the entrance of that room. Jesus is no longer there and the young prince does not really care about that. The Evil King makes him stand above his palm. Kris glances up at him, seeing the excited expression building on his face.

                "While waiting for your woman, do you want to have a sneak peek of what we have on hell? I can take you there."

                Kris shows that he is uninterested when he changes the focus of his eyes to something else instead. "No, thank you."

                "Why not? It's not as bad as the mortals describe our world, my son. And, we have lots of gorgeous women that you might like more than your own." Kris expresses his dislike this time to the words his father gave as he sharply looks at him again. "Uh... I promise it's fun there."

                "Chanyeol is perfect enough that I don't wish for anyone else. You can leave now, Dad, if you can't stand this place. I'll be waiting for my girl here." Kris said seriously and his father can simply chuckle at him.

                "Park Chanyeol got you so good. The kid Ammon told me must not be a mistake after all. Choosing her over me? Heh." The Evil King pokes Kris' face who yelps with his huge finger. "Okay, boy. I need to go now. I hope to see you next time."

                "Wait, Dad."

                "Yes."

                The young prince is shy to ask but he is curious if his father knows anything about their issue. He must know something after Kris learned the Evil King and Heavenly God's relationship.

                "Do you know the solution Chanyeol and his—her father are discussing right now?"

                "Hmmm..." The demon lord holds his own chin, thinking deeply of what to response. He shakes his head that makes his son sigh. "YHWH is always secretive with crucial things so I really don't know anything. But, because we are talking about his favorite planet here, I'm sure you won't expect an easy way out. Just wait for your babe to tell you what they've talked about. See ya!"

                His father suddenly disappears and Kris should have expected that he will fall on the hard pristine white floor.

                "Damnit." He groans softly.

 

                After God and Chanyeol's conversation, the maiden walks the dark path all alone. Her body is trembling all over; she can still hear her sobbing, the warm tears that fell on her cheek is ghosting to her skin, and the warm embrace her father provided before. She can still feel it.

 

                The huge golden door opens from the outside and Kris c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter