Seventeen

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Chanyeol has the will to go back home after a month from Sehun’s Birthday and Mrs. Park’s death. He is not there to stay again; he is only there for a purpose of pulling all his stuff out and to check his father’s condition.

                A shock expression is painted to his face after seeing the house he used to live is so different from the time he last seen it. Caramel and cream color of their walls and furniture is now coated with red and black. Their happy family pictures and his parents’ couple portraits are all gone and replaced by some artsy photographs. He does not know if those are appropriate for him to view. Suddenly, he hears noises from the kitchen so he proceeds there and checks it out.

                He hears a male and female voice giggling before he sees who those people are. His eyes widen and jaw drops after viewing Mr. Park making out to some unknown woman. There’s a loud chomping sound on the counter, only a few inches away from him that’s why he notice it. He sees a fat little boy’s face buried on a huge bowl of food that he cannot figure out if it’s a human or pig’s feed. Since he is unable to endure this circus-kind of situation he clears his throat to get their attention.

                Mr. Park faces his son and that’s the just the time Chanyeol learns his father is drunk with his flushed face.

                “Oh Chanyeol, you’re back!” The adult man grins at his son foolishly. Chanyeol tries not to show his judging look but it is difficult because he can finally see the woman with his father.

                The woman is Mr. Park’s secretary. She wears a red mini dress and makeup you can compare to a . Even Chanyeol does not fully know the woman, she appears as a cheap e to him. The teenager is starting to boil inside him. How could his dad easily flirt with another woman after he just recently lost a wife?

                “Dad, what’s going on here?” He could not control his voice anymore that it was release from his mouth in high tone.

                The man chuckles and kisses the woman with him on the cheek. “Can’t you see? I’m moving on.”

                “Moving on? Mom died only a month ago!”

                “So what? Are you not happy that I’m recovering after I lost your Mom because of you?” Chanyeol is surprise of what his father said that he response with a short laugh in irritation.

                “Dad, I did not kill her. It was an accident!”

                “Whatever, at least show respect to your new Mom.”

                “New what?”

                “Jiwon, he’s my son Chanyeol.”

                “Hello, Chanyeol.” The woman flirtatiously rests her head on Mr. Park’s chest and the boy shows a quick disgust.

                “And Chanyeol, this kid is her nephew named Mark.”

                “Hello there.” The boy said in muffle while still busy with his bowl, waving to Chanyeol’s direction.

                “I’m tying the knots with Jiwon next week. If you don’t want to come, it’s ok.” His father with an attached woman starts to walk out of the room.

                Before they completely process their leave, Chanyeol opens his mouth and tries asking a swift question. “Why so fast?”

                “Because, we’re going to have a baby and you’re going to have a brother.”

                “What? No!”

                “You can’t do anything about it. See ya later!”

                Chanyeol is left dumbfounded in the kitchen. The whole thing that happens right now is tough for him to analyze in his mind. He is interrupted from it when he hears the remaining person with him there.

                The little boy raises his head with unkempt face because of the food. He pushes his bowl closer to Chanyeol and the latter can simply gulp.

                “Want some?” The boy offered his gross-looking meal.

                Chanyeol hurriedly shakes his head. “No.”

 

                The Heaven’s Delegate runs inside his room as if there’s an emergency going on with him. Well… there is. He takes his phone out to inform his new family the occurrence inside his house. While waiting for the person his calling to answer, he locks his room and he sits on his bed.

                “Hello?”

                “Hyung!”

                “Hey Chanyeol, done with the packing?”

                Chanyeol closes his eyes with his current frustrating feeling, shaking his head slowly. “No, I think I’m going to stay here for a while.”

                “Huh? …Why am I sensing that there’s something bad happening there?”

                “I guess you could really say that. My Dad is getting married with some random b**** and she has a gluttonous nephew.”

                “What?”

                “I’ll tell everything to you later but for now I’m going to fix it myself.”

                “You sure, you don’t need help?”

                “I'll call you again if I need one.”

         “Alright.” Chanyeol ends their conversation, heart beating faster and body is trembling.

                He does not know if he can really solve this heck-of-an-issue all by himself. But, he is obligated to do so; it’s inside his own household after all. What he needs to do for now is to keep observing these people. Everything that is happening to him is strange already so this is not new.

 

                He makes his plan on the move eyeing the strangers who intruded in their house. They are not doing something unusual other than the woman shamelessly displays affection with his father and the nephew stuck eating everything inside the fridge. He is already beginning to have painful head because of them, does not even know if he can keep ogling anymore.

                One of his the days he spends there, he crosses on to his Dad’s path. Chanyeol blocks Mr. Park’s way, who recently has a typical exterior of a drunken man, looking at him sternly.

                “It seems that our company is not that busy that you use most of your time here.” Chanyeol said in unfriendly tone to his father; both of them are standing in the middle of the staircase.

                “Well, your new Mom told me that I should some time have fun with my life.” Mr. Park reasoned out.

                ‘Having fun for almost a month? Are you kidding me?’ Yesterday, the teenager asked one of the staff from their company, learning that Mr. Park had been gone from work and did not provide a proper announcement of his leave since his mother’s funeral. Good thing he is curious about it and could straight this flaw out.

                “You see, she loves me so much and so do I.” It’s unknown but Chanyeol wants to find out what potion did that woman gave his father to act thoughtlessly like this.

                “Dad, are you sure you love her?” Chanyeol bravely asked his father, making the latter snaps. “Do you really forget everything about Mom that you move on this easily?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter