Ten

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm back!!!

 

              Christmas is one of the typical holidays for a 16-year-old Chanyeol. His family does not celebrate it like most of the people do because his parents believe that his birthday is more special than the yuletide season. His birthday this year is extraordinary but nothing change. With his father not going to work, they go to an expensive restaurant with just their small family and have dinner, receiving gifts from almost everyone in town.

                But, for the angels, they are like humans; it’s the most celebrated day in heaven. The angels that are assigned on Earth go back home to the sky and gather with their siblings for a festival. It is the special day for Chanyeol’s brother. His birthday is not celebrated like Jesus, because he hasn't done something to change the world yet. But if it’s his turn, he will also receive more love and praise than he ever had.

                At the moment, Chanyeol is just a popular boy, an SM Trainee, and the heir of an automobile company. He walks at the street that Christmas day, still planning what to do.

                Chanyeol is thinking if he’ll meet up with his other friends at school. Or, will ask his mom to accompany him at the park; but, he’s not a little kid anymore. Or, he will wander around Seoul all by himself. Today is just so… boring. He’s puzzled why Minseok, Kyungsoo and Yixing did not bring him instead to heaven with them. He’s curious too about the celebration they are holding up there.

 

                “It’s not your time yet.” Remembering Minseok saying that to him, makes him more upset.

 

                Chanyeol glances up to the sky, still thinking what his guardians doing there right now. Not a few moments later, his deep contemplating is interrupted when he heard a screeching sound from a car clashing to something. He looks on that direction and people already crowded the scene. Out of this teenager’s curiosity, he goes near there to find out what’s going on.

              Chanyeol’s is able to sneak in the front, viewing a boy, possible around his age, lying on the floor and bathing in his own blood. There is a little girl kneeling down beside him and crying.

                “Please save this Oppa!” The girl cried, looking everyone in the crowd. Obviously, the boy was hit by the car and the girl must be the reason he was in that condition because he protected him.

                Chanyeol comes forward; unconsciously, acting as a hero. He carefully lift the boy’s body, in order to carry him to the nearest hospital. The girl stands up still holding the boy’s wrist.

                “Please save him.” The girl begged. “I can’t bear to see someone is dying for me.”

                Chanyeol nods at her and gives him a small smile. “Let Oppa try his best, okay?”

              The girl nods while wiping her face. He turns to face everybody, who simply watches the whole thing. Humans have their own selfishness, and Chanyeol will not disagree with that.

              “Can someone tell me which way is the nearest hospital?” Chanyeol politely asked. One of the citizen points to the blue building in the north east direction. At least, one of them is able to give him that little help. Chanyeol bows and quickly heads there.

 

                He only needs to cross the road, walks to the sidewalk and he is on his way. In the middle of his short journey, he does not mean to glance down at the boy’s face. Yes, he is covered with blood, but Chanyeol cannot hide the fact he is quite good looking. All of a sudden, the boy flinches; his heartbeat is undeniably strong as Chanyeol feels it through their connection. It is slowing down till it stops. Chanyeol’s eyes widen, falling down with his knees onto the floor, sticks on carrying the boy in his arms.

 

                The boy must be dead.

 

                Chanyeol cannot accept that someone loses his life in his grasp. It’s not his fault, but he feels he’s the one to blame. His tears fall suddenly, pitying the unfortunate life journey of this person. As he’s busy pouring his sadness, dropping on the boy’s face, a blue light forming a ball comes out from that boy’s chest. It is like a tennis ball in size. Perhaps, it is his soul. Chanyeol does not have time to get amaze of it. He unconsciously grabs it and puts back to the boy's chest.

                The boy surprisingly opens both of his eyes, Chanyeol startles, but it closes in an instance. Because of shock, Chanyeol moves away from the boy. After a few while of calming himself, he comes closer by crawling, learning the boy starts breathing again by touching him. It makes him feel relieve somehow but the blood dripping from his body still continues.

                “Does my book have a way to heal somebody?” He muttered. Before he can call the book to come out, the tears he pours moments ago evaporate. The blood stops leaking from the boy, must be because of his tears. He does not know his tears can heal. He looks around, wondering if somebody is watching the miracle he has done.

 

                “Do you enjoy reviving a human, angel?”

 

                There is a person observing him for a while now and it is above him. He slowly looks up, seeing a pair of huge skeletal wings flapping, owned by someone wearing a black cloak, holding a lengthy black scythe. From this description, he is clearly the…

                “Grim reaper?” Chanyeol asked himself, making that person smirks at him.

                “Yes, I am one of those so-called beings. This is my territory for my job and… that boy is my target.” The reaper almost hooks the blade of his scythe to Chanyeol’s neck. Chanyeol’s eyes widen and he gulps because of that sudden action. “Don’t you know you are a hindrance to me? And, don’t you know angels should not interfere with deaths? That’s a Holy Law!”

                Chanyeol shakes from the loud terrifying voice of the reaper. That being looks so angry, with face so dark, glaring at him. It seems he did something so unforgivable and he knows there is no escape at this moment. He also notices that everything around him stops moving, turns black and white as well. This must be a magic made by the reaper.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter