Twenty

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                “Everyone listen up!” One of the mentors gets the trainees’ attention with his loud voice. The dance, singing, and rap classes are gathered inside one of the practice room, overcrowding with the numbers they have. “We will have a three-day MT in Mt. Chuwolsan starting this Friday. We will give the waivers in just a short while and make sure they are signed by your parents before our trip comes.”

 

                When the kids received the waiver, they start to feel excited about the upcoming Membership Training. It is seldom for SM to give their trainees who are not debuting yet this kind of activity because they only do this for their debuting artists. That is why the kids are so happy, having a feel of debut soon.

                Chanyeol’s group is looking at the same paper as they hang out at the staircase. Among them, Sehun is the only one to have a normal family and Chanyeol does not know if he can pass this to his Dad. While Minseok has another thing inside his mind the main reason for him to gather all of them there.

                “Should we all tell them that we can’t go?” The boys look at him with wonder and one of them asks.

                “Why?”

                He deeply sighs looking at the waiver again before he can respond back. “Do you know the Zero-Numinous Zone?” Everyone except Chanyeol seems to have an idea of it so Xiumin explains for the benefit of their delegate. “There are 30 places in this planet that both angels and demons or any supernatural creatures become vulnerable. If we go there, we won’t able to use our power.”

                “So, what?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow and he quickly receives a slight glare to the eldest. “That means it’s a ceasefire for both parties. We’re safe for any attack from the demons since they cannot use their powers as well. And, we need a little break from this war.”

                The younger angel has a good point, making almost all of them nod at him except for Minseok. The eldest folds his arms on his chest before sighing and sternly looks back his sibling.

                “Kyungsoo, we won’t have any difference to human if we’re there.” The eldest doesn’t have a little desire to be compared to the most sinful being for him. Kyungsoo knows that, shutting his mouth and thinking of how to please him. “Alright, we’re going to vote out if we’re joining this MT or not to be fair. Please raise your hand, kids and tell your side.”

                “I will vote whatever is unanimous.” Yixing drowsily raises his hand. He wants this to be over quickly so he can still have time to sleep.

                “I’m going to stick with what I said before, I want to go.” Kyungsoo firmly said. Minseok is not happy with that.

                He stares at their delegate and hoping the boy will favor him.  “What about you, Chanyeol?”

                The rapper startles a bit because of the sudden request for his answer. He does not know yet which option he will choose, looking at the person beside him who is the youngest of their group.

                “I’ll go with whatever Sehun’s choice.” The youngest’s eyes widen a little, pointing his index finger to himself.

                He sighs before he answers. “If you are going to ask me... MT looks fun.”

                “YAS!” Kyungsoo and Minseok show the perfect interpretations of triumph and defeat when the younger angel is jumping for joy and the eldest face-palms. Everyone else can only laugh at their show. “That’s a yes to me! That means Chanyeol will go and Yixing too since it’s the majority. What you can do now, Hyung?”

                Minseok cutely growls before he left his seat from the stairs and about to walk away. He turns around, glaring at Kyungsoo that makes the latter feel guilty, who little by little jumps slower till it completely stops. He points his finger as if it is a gun; the singer swallows.

               “Make sure you’ll bring a deluxe multi-layered sandwich on the trip. Double or triple the ingredients especially the salamis, pickles, Swiss cheese, Worchester Sauce, Dijon Mustard, horseradish, bologna, unsmoked bacon, rib eye steak, mushrooms, tomatoes—“

                “Hey!” Kyungsoo needs to stop him before he is going to oblige listing tons of ingredients.  He is sweating and he may cry because of this. “You’re telling a whole lot of recipe!”

                “Shut it! And… oh, I want a roasted turkey for dinner. The one flavored in butter, clementine, rosemary, other fresh herbs—”

                “Stop it. Hyung!”

 

                The three-day MT starts on Friday as expected, Chanyeol and his crew need to get up so early in the morning for the said activity. Kyungsoo, who is the most excited for this, is also the most stressed from all them due to Minseok’s never-ending food requests. He is now regretting everything since the eldest just became more abusive to his cooking skill.

                In the middle of their bus trip, Chanyeol is unease thinking if the payment the three archangels need to settle will get worse since they will be mere human for a longer period of time. He is worried if Minseok’s appetite will be stronger than ever, Kyungsoo will cry and fill the Damyangho Lake, and Yixing will be replacing sleeping beauty. But, something is unusual to those three.

                Chanyeol is restless for the whole journey and he keeps on staring at the calm Minseok beside him. The five of them chose to sit at the backseat of the bus so they can talk more privately, while their co-trainees enjoy each other’s company in their front.  Chanyeol bites his lower lip, breaths deeply and pull something out of his bag.

              “Hyung, are you not hungry?” Minseok seriously looks at him then goes back watching the other teenagers. “I… still have a pack of brownies, marshmallows, gummy bears—”

                “I’m not hungry, Chanyeol.” The older quickly stops his question before he could finish it.

                “Huh? That’s strange.”

                “We’re already within the Z.N.Z. That’s why I’m being like this but once we get out of here. Expect us to be worse.”

                Chanyeol is taken aback of his explanation but he is more amazed by the cool acronym for that area. He closes his bag and feels relief. Still, with what Minseok said and as he presumed, the payment will not be so good. He shall be alert for that scenario. As he contemplates about it, his eyes do not mean to notice the sleeping Yixing in the corner.

                “Hyung.” He whispered, shaking Minseok gently. He points his finger to the resting angel which the eldest pays his attention. “Why is he sleeping then?”

                Surprisingly, Yixing’s eyes open and he looks at them. “It becomes a habit.” Then, he goes back shutting his sight.

                The two stare at him judgingly while shaking their heads. “He’s hopeless.”

 

                They arrive at the resting place and Chanyeol plans to send SMS to his brother. When he is going to send the text, it just keeps on fail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter