Twenty Seven

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The angel's place was chaotic last night. The archangels did not know what to do as their home was eaten by the flame once again. They brought a humongous beast along with them because they could not make Chanyeol back to his human form. Chanyeol's phoenix sways her huge flaming wings, burning the lamps and the couch of the living room. She also broke their door to the entrance. The phoenix cried loudly while the angels winced at her hysterical voice.

                Taemin who just returned from his schedules could only blink his eyes in stunned at the overwhelming occurrence.

                "Uriel, don't just stand there! Help us!" The angel forcedly nodded to Kyungsoo's request.

                Including Luhan, all of them used all their efforts to calm the beast down, yet it was still not enough.

 

                "Heaps of stuff happened last night that I myself could not remember how we're able to send you in a deep slumber." Kyungsoo massages his temple as he tries recollecting them.

                "So… you mean you don't know why this egg is on top of my bed?"

                Kyungsoo uses the silence to analyze better what happened. Like there is a light bulb on top of his head, he raises his index finger when he figures things out.

                "As expected to the wise Lucifer, he was the one to solve the problem last night. If I hadn't wasted all my energy calming your phoenix, I should have been the one to do so. But anyway, he asked me to bring out the book. And after reading a few stuff there, he said a life form was inside you. None of us ever tried aiding a delivery, especially of a BIG BIRD but look at this product. Heh."

                "T-t-this egg... This egg here? Is my… THAT FAST?" Although Chanyeol's question is stuttering, Kyungsoo clearly understands him and nods.

                “Why do you doubt it? You and Kris are mythical creatures last night, duh?” With wide eyes, Chanyeol flops laying-back down to his bed. The movement makes a little shake that the egg bounces, nervous quickly hits his guardian.

                "Oh dear, Chanyeol. Even though I'm not happy with all the things you pulled up last night, the kid here is still innocent."

                Chanyeol tries raising his head again. "You call that a KID?"

                Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at his criticizing question.

                "Well, yes! Yours and Kris'!" And for the second time, Chanyeol plunges his head on the pillow.

                'Tell me, Park Chanyeol. What is this carelessness?'

                While he is reflecting to his deeds, Kyungsoo summons their delegate's manual. He opens the page where Chanyeol can read more info about his case. The angel sits at the edge of the bed and faces the book in front of the latter.

                "Mating in Beast Mode: As a consequence to this activity; a huge amount of power will be drained and going to be transferred to the offspring. The phoenix itself will be the one that is most affected by this.” Chanyeol read aloud to the section Kyungsoo is pointing. “She may not use her abilities as a celestial or mythical being for a while and worse, she is going to be ill like a mere human. HEY! WHAT KIND OF SICKNESS IS THIS?”

                “I believe it’s going to be like a fever,” Kyungsoo answered. “You may not feel it now but that’s coming soon.”

                Imagining the side effect, Chanyeol without tears whines like a defeated infant while Kyungsoo hugs the egg because it may roll over and fall on the floor with its mother’s tantrum.

                “Yah!  Act more mature now since you have a baby!”

                “~NO~OOHHH!”

 

                Chanyeol may have a new responsibility now but he still wants to continue his life as a human-idol-trainee. His guardians are always there to support him so they'll be coming with him to his schedules. They cannot also leave Chanyeol's egg alone in the house that they will bring it along.

                Kyungsoo and Luhan create a DIY baby carrier because in any of the backpacks they've tried, Chanyeol's egg does not fit. They position the offspring in front of its mother and this teenager already feels awkward.

 

                "Don't worry about it, Chanyeol. This bag is invisible to human eyes." Luhan assured as they are preparing to leave for the day.

                "So just the bag." And, Chanyeol mumbled.

                "Of course the baby too, you silly!" Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. Minseok and Yixing are waiting for them outside so they start heading there.

 

                Although the Heaven Delegate's guardians guaranteed him that his carrier is not visible, Chanyeol is still pressured. The weight of his baby is no joke as if he's holding his own size in his upper part. This is the first time he carries the egg since Luhan seems fond of taking care of it all the time. Chanyeol bends his back lifting his chest upward; he knows people see him in a weird posture right now. The way to SM Entertainment today becomes a challenging task.

                “Yo! Sweetie, what’s that? A punishment?” After climbing the torturous stairs, Kris is waiting for Chanyeol there. His insulting look will never change even he and the younger boy are now lovers. The young crowd does not mind their lovey-dovey act on the side because it turns to be a usual happening in the place.

                Chanyeol shakes his head seriously. “This is just the fruit of what we did last night.”

                “Last night?” The egg is not a hindrance to press the couple together as Kris pulls Chanyeol’s waist closer to him. “I hardly can remember what happened.”

                “Me neither. But, they said it’s the offspring of the big bird and the big reptile.”

                “Huh? That’s so fast.”

                “Yeah!” Kris laughs and Chanyeol slaps his arms instinctually.

                ‘Who could have thought their relationship will escalate this quick?’ Luhan is simply riddled inside his mind while he is judgingly staring at the two.  He reminisces the days this pair glares at each other as mortal enemies and now it looks like they forget the past of how they smile and gaze one’s in the eyes.

                Chanyeol and Kris sense Luhan’s observation of them, the reason for their separation from each other. The fallen angel gives both a tense smile and uses this opportunity butting in at their little moment.

                “You need to go to your class now. Let me carry the egg, My Lady.” He softly said.

                “No, Kris will do it for me instead.” The tallest points at himself and Chanyeol answers him with a fast nod.

                Kris rolls his eyes sighing before he agrees to his lover’s request. He takes the strap and slings it to his shoulders.

                With a slight flabbergasted expression, Kris says. “Oh, it’s light. Are you sure there’s something inside this?”

                ‘Really?’ Chanyeol snaps, pouting as he responds. “Certainly there is.” ‘This guy must be really strong.’

                The younger clings to Kris’ arm as they part ways with Luhan who watches them till they are gone. Chanyeol is envious of his lover since the latter seems not having a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter