Twenty Four

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Oh, my this is too much late. I'm really sorry!

 

 

                “W-welcome home.” Chanyeol tiredly smiles while supporting the new member of their house. 

                It has been a long time for Lucifer to be inside a bright ambiance and it is possible that he will stay there for good or so. When he joined the darkness, everything in his surrounding was in shades of black, except for him because he never wears that color.

                The master of the house brings him upstairs and to a room that so radiant like everything else in that place, but Lucifer feels something more in it. 

                “This is Sehun’s room.” Chanyeol says and that makes sense. 

                As he scans the room, the fallen angel’s gaze falls on the person who is holding him. Lucifer stares at the other boy with wonder. Chanyeol shows a worn out face not due to the fight but due to the loss of someone important for both of their lives. The older male is very aware of the bond created between Chanyeol and Sehun that sometimes made him jealous. 

                The latter notices his watching and this younger male responds only with a curve on his lips. Wanting to avoid the eye contact, Lucifer’s back helps him to do so by ache he suddenly feels. He flinches away that he almost stumbles but Chanyeol is able to prevent it by automatically putting him on the edge of the bed. 

                “Chanyeol! Please go down here for a while!” Minseok calls. 

                With Lucifer’s throbbing back condition, the younger boy does not want to leave him. But, the eldest archangel calls his name again. 

                He snorts a bit on his annoyance. “I’ll be down there in a minute!” 

                “This is just a short meeting! Come on, everyone is waiting for you!” Minseok insists. 

                “Don’t worry about me. You better go now because they need you.” Chanyeol sighs deeply, standing up straight and lazily proceeds downstairs.

                The four archangels who are circled on the living room in their human forms eye him even when he sits with them on the couch. Taemin, the angel besides him, puts his hand on top his and gives him a sympathetic look.

                “How… is he?” The angel reluctantly checks with him.

                Chanyeol shakes his head gloomily. "He does not look so good with his wounds.”

                "Why does it have to be his wings, Hyung?" Kyungsoo's high-toned question stuns all his siblings and Chanyeol. "Our wings are the source of our strength. Without it, we are just like a mere human."

                Minseok does a short-annoyed-snicker before he defends himself. "Do I lack a reason to provide such Devine Punishment to him? His sins are longer than one volume of book. And, we will take days if I elaborate all of it." 

                In the history of the universe, they know Lucifer is the most corrupt angel ever existed and staying powerful will not result any good to him. Everybody cannot oppose the eldest that they keep their silence. Minseok uses it as an opportunity to proceed to the main part of this assembly, clearing his throat before he speaks again. 

                “The demons are outnumbered so I believe they won’t carelessly attack us. All we need to do is to be observant of our surroundings. Some of us should watch from outside.”

                “Wait.” Taemin suddenly butts in. “Can I be exempted? There’s an upcoming SMTown Concert this week so I need to prepare for it.”

                That shorts Minseok’s temper. He closes his eyes as he breathes slowly before opening it again. And, everyone knows what is next to it. 

                “Goodness! You are not here for a purpose to be an idol, Taemin.” The boy who is being scold trembles with the eldest terrorizing tone. He wants to cry after this and pampers himself with hot chocolate. 

                Chanyeol pities him, planning to suggest something for his sake. “Let him go, Hyung. I’ll do all the tasks you will ask him to.”

                “No.” Minseok quickly and firmly disagrees. “You’ll be most helpful if you stay here because any possible danger might happen out there.” Chanyeol can only exhales in disappointment. “And, Yixing, I’ll leave Chanyeol in your care while the three of us are in our post. Make sure you won’t leave him alone, now that there’s an outsider staying with us. Lucifer must be powerless at the moment but we’re still unsure if he will really not cause us any harm. You get that?” 

                Yixing nods with his unusual serious face. “Sure, but before anything else, can we take a rest for a brief moment? We just finished a very tiring match and I’m certain our payment is already killing us.” 

                “You got a point. Kyungsoo.” The younger angel nods since he knows the meaning of calling his attention. He then proceeds to the kitchen to prepare his older brother a meal.

                And, the meeting is dismissed. 

 

               ‘Efes? Efes, it’s me, Lucifer. Can you hear me? Hey, speak up.’ 

            “Hyung?” Lucifer opens his eyes when he heard that nearly-deep-voice, finding out Chanyeol is in front of him showing a worried face. 

                He is clasping both of his hands like praying and inside them is his beloved brother’s soul. Chanyeol has a glimpse of what he is holding when he slightly opens his grasp, suddenly seems to remember something.

                “Oh, I have a perfect container for Sehun.” He does some head turns while thinking where he could put that till he pause, gazing the drawers of the nightstand. “Hold on.” 

            Chanyeol kneels down on the carpeted floor while he is opening the second drawer. It is as if he finds a treasure inside there as he does so. He excitedly pulls out a glass jar which still contains some various candies. The teenager then flips the container upside down to remove the colorful wrapped sweets out of it. He opens his palm for the fallen angel to place the spirit ball on there. Once he had Sehun’s soul inside the jar, his eyes gaze it with hopefulness.

                “Please wait a little while, Luhan-Hyung. Our Sehun we will reborn again, I promise.” He said, holding the jar with both hands as he looks at it.

                “Our Sehun?” The annoyed tone Lucifer releases suspends the optimism flowing inside the younger male. Lucifer knows Chanyeol was not the one who gave that name to his twin. But, hearing that from the latter feels like Chanyeol replaces him in Efes’ existence.

                And from the thing he was doing before, with no response from his brother, his hopes to have Efes once more decreases.

                “I… don’t think… Efes will be back with his physical form again.” He says those words slowly because he is hesitating to tell it to the younger.

                Chanyeol chuckles in his confusion, placing one of his hands on Lucifer’s knee. “How could you say that? It might be not now but I’m sure we will find a way.”

                “I don’t know, Park Chanyeol. But, I’m starting to doubt it.” The younger presses his lips together into a thin line, realizing the other person’s word.

                They welcome the silence but it is quickly broken when Lucifer’s back hurts again. In Chanyeol’s worry, he sits with him on the bed, putting the jar on top of the nightstand and checks that said part. Lucifer’s white shirt is soaked with blood on his back side, making Chanyeol swallows and as if he is the one having it.

                “L-Let me heal you.” The taller stutteringly says; hands are shaking as he attempts to touch it.

                “No.” Lucifer strictly refuses Chanyeol, flinches away from his approaching hands but the latter rigidly shakes his head that forces him to give up.

                The fallen angel groans in pain at the younger boy’s touch. Chanyeol hushes him. He later feels ease when the Delegate of Heaven’s warm-healing-palm massages his back.

                In a little while, he turns his head to glance at Chanyeol, whom showing furrowed brows.

                "What's wrong?" He asks.

                "Your wounds." Chanyeol seems not wanting to tell what he discovered. "They're not healing." 

“Of course.” All of a sudden, Kyungsoo is already standing by the doorway with arms folded on his chest. “Devine Punishment is not a simple injury that you get from the fight. Did you see the one you imposed to the late-Beelzebub? He died not getting his hand back. So, Lucifer’s wounds will heal but it will take a while, much longer, now that he’s weak without his wings.”

                Chanyeol feels disappointed and pity at the same time. He touches Lucifer’s back again; making the other softly winces and holds his hand.

                “Don’t worry about me.” Lucifer assures without looking straightly at his eyes. “I’m not going to die just because of this even I wanted to.” 

                “But, you will little by little lose your existence here on Earth if you don’t change to human form, Lucifer.” Walking forward to them, Kyungsoo says a fact seriously.

                “What?” Chanyeol asks in shock. This is new to him so Kyungsoo explains further about the fallen angel’s situation right now.

                “If you think our life as an angel is simple, think twice, Chanyeol. The reason why we need to become human in this world is because of that. And since Lucifer currently doesn’t have an ability to transform as a mortal, he will fade before you know it.”

                “I won’t let that!” Chanyeol opposes. “I-is there a way to solve this, Kyungsoo?” 

                “Umm… This is the first time to have this kind of case, but everything has a way.” Kyungsoo holds his own chin as he thinks, looking at the floor in front of him. The other two especially Chanyeol anticipates what he is about to say. “As written on the Holy Law; if the Angel was punished by taking his power away from him, he will need to find a host.” 

                “A host?” Chanyeol asked.

                “It’s okay if he is still staying in heaven since he is not required to do that anymore. But if he is thrown to Earth, he should find someone who can give him power. It can be any supernatural being.” The archangel’s explanation continues. 

                “That means, I can be that host.” Chanyeol hopefully says. “What do I need to do, Kyungsoo?” 

                The Heaven’s Main Messenger decides to keep his quiet rather than answering him. Kyungsoo is only staring to Lucifer that confuses Chanyeol.

                “Kyungsoo?” The tallest calls for his attention again. “Do I just need to control my force in my hands and transfer it to him?”

                The shortest sighs and finally surrenders to him. “You better ask him instead of me, Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo softly said before he leaves. Chanyeol would want to nag him about it but Lucifer shakes his head to stop the younger.

 

                There are no moment Chanyeol stops asking the archangels about the power transfusion Kyungsoo had mention. He exempts Minseok, because Chanyeol knows he is the no.1 person that will not care in regards to Lucifer’s state. He asks Taemin that he even bribes him with hot choco. Yet, he fails because Taemin confesses that he skips reading that part on the Book of Holy Law. He doubts that alibi but he moves on getting information to Yixing who seems to be warned by Kyungsoo. This next target is more difficult than Taemin. In the end, he gives up on his archangel. Every day though, he keeps on asking the subject of the issue as well; but to no avail, the fallen angel does not budge. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter