Twenty One

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               Heavy rains pour, all the adults run here and there restless for the two trainees that they haven’t found yet. Minseok and his two other siblings already received the message from Sehun before Jongin passes it out to the staffs. The schedule for tonight seems not to be followed due to it. The trainees will do nothing but to wait inside their rooms.

                The angels see the adults handle the search without showing panic and strictly not allowing any youngster roaming outside. The group secretly watches them from upstairs. Wanting to help in finding Chanyeol by themselves, they are waiting for the right time these people will not notice their plan to sneak out.

                “There’s still a lot of adult human in the living room.” Kyungsoo lowly said that someone near him could only hear, eyes sharpen while looking at those said people. He looks back to his side where his siblings attempt to hide with him. “What should we do now? What if that Kris-guy kills Chanyeol?”

                “I don’t think he will do such a thing.” Minseok, who is at the very end of the line, fearlessly shows himself in the middle of the hallway. “I’ve been with Kris before I learned his true identity. I know he won’t do what you’re thinking about him.”

                “Hell, yeah. Like he hasn’t tried it many times.” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and goes back watching the adults.

                “You know what? We can’t really do something big here, now that we are so equal to those mortals.” Yixing joins his siblings' conversation. “I don’t know; but, it will probably be our first time to catch a cold if we have gone out there. I’m really worried about Chanyeol too but let’s just hope him the best and allow those people to do the job.”

                All of them are astonished to Yixing’s advice. There is a lot of times they cannot talk to him straight but there are times when he opens that mouth, he says something sensible. Minseok agrees with him gesturing everyone to wait for good news inside their rooms. Kyungsoo and Sehun are saddened if they can only do use their amazing abilities to save their delegate. All of the boys rest back but never relax.

 

                The roar of the thunder and pouring rains awaken Chanyeol from a long time of passing out. He blinks repetitively before completely opening his eyes and finds Kris’ face so close from his. The arms of the latter are tightly wrapped around him. He carefully gets up from the muddy floor they are lying on, shakes the taller to wake him up.

                Kris squints from the sudden return of his consciousness. He slowly peels his eyes open, only to see a wet Chanyeol. The other boy’s fringe blocks his sight and has parted lips. Unexpectedly, he feels something painful at his legs.

                Chanyeol looks at his mate’s limb. With the help of the lightning, he is able to see the lower part of Kris’ pants had a rip. Blood is gushing down there and it looks broken.

                “Ugh! What a disgusting place is this?” Instead of paying attention to his leg, Kris’ eyes which keeps blinking inspect the spot where they fall onto with loathing. Chanyeol wants to collapse again on the mud in hopelessness for Kris. But, he needs to snap Kris to reality.

                He flares his nostrils and huffs. “How could you notice that other than your injury?” The older glances to where his sight is darting to, with no worry at all.

                He smirks confidently. “That will heal in just a short while.”

                Kris seems not to have knowledge of what place they are in right now. Chanyeol sighs deeply, looking around them. He finds a branch of wood which is perfect to what he is about to do beside him. He kneels, ripping the hem of his shirt.

                Kris violently backs away. When Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, he calms him down. The younger seems to have a different thought in his mind. Kris has a small disappointment with that and also learning Chanyeol still has another layer of cloth under that shirt.

                “We’re inside a Zero Numinous Zone.” Kris' eyes widen. He flinches when Chanyeol is coming closer to his leg but he does not budge as the latter straightens it. He places two twigs at each side of Kris’ injured legs and starts to cover it with the strip of his torn shirt.  “For now, we’re a mere mortal like everyone else living here on earth.”

                “Why no one told me about it?” Kris gawks the same time Chanyeol is done creating a splint to fix him. “Do you have your phone with you?”

                Chanyeol shakes his head. “Besides, it’s useless. This place has no coverage.” Kris curses while the younger stands and helps him to get up, putting his arm around the other boy’s shoulder. “We better get off here before both of us get sick.”

                Kris does not oppose him anymore; letting Chanyeol leads the way and supports him in walking. This is going to be a long night.

 

                Kris and Chanyeol lather an amount of time in walking. Everywhere they turn is already dark. The younger is certain they will not be able to find their home this evening. Kris also looks badly hurt so they need to have a shelter to rest and haven from the never-ending rain.

                 Chanyeol is watchful with every step they make within this journey. He does not want another beast to attack them and double their burden. He depends on the flash of lightning to see their way clearly also discovering a place to stay. Chanyeol can feel Kris is beginning to get weak due to his stumbling every now and then. Thankfully, the lightning really helps them spot a figure of a house from afar. Chanyeol tests his luck coming towards it. They are not forlorn after all. There is a hut.

                Chanyeol knocks the door reluctantly but when no one answers he violently bangs his hand on it.

                “Is anybody there?” The younger’s tone is loud and tired, maybe because of the trip they had.

                “Just open the door,” Kris demanded, coughing as he gets weaker from his condition.

                Chanyeol follows his order, wrapping his hand on the knob and twists it. As the Heaven’s Delegate enters the hut with one step, he s the wall beside the door to find a light switch. But to no avail, there’s none. He feels a chair there instead. He carefully places Kris on it and continues fumbling the ground like a blind person.

                He stops to seem the center of that shelter. There are a pile of logs and few inches away, he spots a texture like a fire pit. It is out of woods to burn so Chanyeol try to put some. He flicks his finger thinking there will be flame coming from his hand. But, none.

                ‘Oh yeah, I forgot.’ Before Chanyeol can feel disheartened, an expensive-looking lighter is thrown near his feet. It will not come from anywhere but to the person with him.

                Chanyeol turns his head back to where he left Kris. Even he can only see a silhouette form, he knows the other is looking at him.

                “This is a Zero Something Something, right?” Chanyeol shifts his gaze from the lighter to Kris then to the lighter again.

                When he glances at Kris once more, his eyes get smaller. The words he is about to say seems to be difficult to come out from his mouth. “You-you-you SMOKE?”

                The taller sneers in a slight irritation before he responses. “If I bring a lighter with me, does it automatically tell you I’m a smoker?” He knows to himself the answer, looking away for the rising awkwardness. “I just recently started… it.”

                “What should I expect?” Chanyeol mumbled. He rolls his eyes and inhales, going back in creating fire. “You’re already 18 and demon do things like that.”

                Kris gasped. “Yah! I only smoke a cigarette whenever I feel stress! I don’t even have one right now! But, why am I explaining myself to you anyway?”

                Chanyeol just remains silent. He is done lighting up the place, appearing to be spacious enough for both of them. Kris closes the door and that screeching sound is the only thing they can hear after they stop talking.

                The younger walks around to analyze the hut. His eyes quickly target the cardboard sized like a single bed on the floor. A brownish huge cloth that can be considered as a blanket is lying on top of it. Chanyeol holds the end of the cardboard, pulling it in front of the fire. He takes the cloth on the side of the cardboard to pat the flat then grabs it again and shakes off whatever dust or dirt it has. He neatly places it back on the floor. Finally, he is ready to face Kris again.

                He seriously looks at the older as he comes closer. He descends down to remove the splint attached to Kris’ legs.

                “I’m going to take this off temporarily. Please take your clothes off too.”

                “What?” Chanyeol glances upon him with a stoic face and slaps his knee. “Ouch!”

                “Don’t what me! You’re going to be iller if keep you wearing your wet clothes. Now, take it off!”

                Kris surrenders in refusing him. He exhales while slipping off his hoodie jacket and shirt. It is difficult for him to get undress in front of somebody and seems to Chanyeol too. The other boy bends his head down not looking at him anymore. When he is going to give it to the younger, he notices that sudden behavior. Also sees Chanyeol’s face turn red even in the dim lighting.

                As Chanyeol completely undoes the strap, he hesitantly puts his hands to Kris pants. The older recoils his legs away from the latter. Chanyeol’s eyes blink but avoid staring at him.

                “I can do this on my own.” Kris cannot gaze straightly at him too. He unbuckles his pants and pulls it off from him, but when his passing is on the knee, the pain strikes on him again.

                “You can’t do it.” Chanyeol swaps with him and gingerly gets rid of Kris’ pants. Good thing the older has a boxer brief on. Chanyeol is relieved.

                It is uncomfortable to see his enemy almost but he still helps him lift up from the chair. He transfers him to sit on the cardboard, lifting the cloth from there. The minute he is going to cover it to Kris’ bare body, the older retreats.

                “You will NOT put that thing on me.” He firmly said, expressing a full disgust with the blanket.

                “Sir, this will warm you up.” Kris shakes his head violently.

                “No f***ing way! That looks so dusty and… STINKY!”

                “Don’t be picky.” Chanyeol forces the cloth on top of Kris laps and the other shuts his eyes tight. “Seesh.”

                The younger stands up to continue his examination of the hut. There are cabinets on the wall and some things they need are just inside when he opened it.

                Kris is surprised as a white clean towel is thrown to him. It is not only one piece but there are three slammed on his face. He is like drowning with it before he sees Chanyeol taking his own clothes off.

                “Dry yourself with those.” Chanyeol’s word muffled from wiping his face with his top. He moves his head to look at him simply to see that he is like drooling. “Yah! Look somewhere else!”

                Kris shakes his head then faces the towels in front of him. “Why do you give me all of these if you don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter