First Meeting

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

The bus journey to town took about half an hour to reach the destination. You recalled the event happened back at the mansion, and you unknowingly smiled at the thought of having atleast Luhan, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Sehun standing up for you. There were after all, your favourites among the EXO boys. They would hang out in your room at night; Sehun doing homework with you while the other three would just laze around. They would share stories, secrets and thus you felt a lot closer to them than the rest of the EXO boys. You were grateful to them for what they did just now.

The bus finally reached the stop and you alighted. As you walked along the street, passing through the different shops, you felt so relieved and free. Yes, free was the right word to describe the feeling you were having. After months of 'hibernating' at the mansion without any enjoyable activities, you couldn't help but felt much more alive. You spotted Yoona from far and gave her wave. She was wearing a white loose top with a yellow flowy skirt. Her hair was tied half.

"Lyorin! Finally!! I miss hanging out with you." Both of you embraced in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry. A lot of things have been going on lately but hey, here I am." You squeezed her hand and flashed the brightest smile. Both of you started walking to the usual coffee house, chatting along the way. There were so much to catch up.

"Can I have 2 cups of large cafe mocha please? And the chocolate muffin. Thank you!" You ordered the usual and then settled down at the nicest spot in the coffee house, overlooking the bustling street. It was already 8pm.

"When was the last time we've been here? You remember?" Yoona asked.

"Hmmm..months ago?" You gave her sheepish smile. You were guilty of course, for not been hanging out with your one and only best friend.

"So, how are you? Have you been doing good? Any interesting news? Boys?" You were bombed with questions.

"I've been good. Yourself?"

"I'm fine too. So, how are you and your cousins? What are their names again?" You looked down. You were conflicted whether to tell Yoona the truth or to continue lying to her. She was your best friend after all and both of you had promise not to keep any secrets.

"2 cups of cafe mocha and chocolate muffin. Here you go. Please enjoy!" The waitress saved the awkward silence. However, Yoona was still eagerly waiting for your response.

"You mean Kai and Sehun?" You said while sipping the mocha. Yoona nodded. "Yea, we're still living together and all. Nothing much". Yoona looked at you unconvinced. You felt terrible knowing that your only best friend was judging you. You didn't blame her, not at all. Finally, you conceded and began telling her slowly.

"Okay Yoona, we've known each other since we're 5 years old. You know how much I've always wanted to know about my past and my parents right?" Yoona's face turned soft after you mentioned about parents. She understood so well how badly you wanted to know about your father and mother. "Kai and Sehun, they're....not really my cousins. How do I say this? They are people who know about my past and can help me out."

"Huh? But we're of the same age. How can they be able to help you out?" Yoona was confused. How could someone your age knew about your past? They were too young

"It's complicated. I'm not sure myself but deep inside of me, I can't help but trust them. It's not just them but there are a total of 12 guys that I'm staying with and we aren't really cousins." Yoona choked slightly upon hearing what you just said. Her eyes widened in shock.

"12?! What?! What if they're bad guys?" Yoona looked genuinely worried for you. You shook your head.

"They're definitely not, Yoona. I've been staying for 2 months with them. They have proven themselves and..." you abruptly stopped. You thought on how much information should be revealed and whether the part about the boys possessing powers should be made known to Yoona. "There are things I can't tell you about my family. I hope you understand." You decided that it was enough details let out.

"I understand, Lyorin. Family matters should be kept confidential." Yoona flashed you a comforting smile.

"Thank you. Actually I'm not supposed to tell you about the boys but I promise, I will bring you to see them one day. Let me slowly talk to them alright. Right now, just pretend that they're my cousins okay?" You pleaded. Yoona's face brightened knowing that you had trusted your secret to her. She held out her pinky signalling her promise. You exhaled, feeling relief. Both of you started chatting about other stuffs, laughing and teasing out loud.

Soon, it was already 10pm. You and Yoona headed out of the cafe house and walked towards the bus stop. As both of you were walking, a group of rowdy boys happened to walk along the same alley.

"Hey pretty ladies, where are you going?" You glared at them with piercing eyes. There were 5 of them and they seemed to be drunk. You ignored and walked past but suddenly one of them grabbed Yoona's hand.

"LET ME GO!" She screamed fiercely. Despite being girls and outnumbered, both you and Yoona didn't show any signs of fear.

"Wow. Fiesty! I like!" One of the guys claimed. Then, they encircled the both of you. You wanted to just run and escaped since you were a good runner but when you thought about Yoona, you were worried she couldn't catch up.

"Don't be scared. We just want to be friends." The guy smirked and went closer. You pulled Yoona behind and stood infront. Your hand was reaching through the phone in the bag. Then suddenly, one of the boys snatched your bag away.

“Give it back! Or else..” You screamed.

“Or else what?” The guys started laughing.

Suddenly, out of nowhere a voice was heard, “Or else, all of you will not be able to leave this place in one piece!” You turned your head and saw two silhouettes walking towards you and Yoona. As they get closer, their facial features were clearer. You didn’t recognise them but was actually thankful that they came.

“Pass me the bag, now?!” One of the guy ordered. All 7 of them were glaring at each other. You could hear Yoona’s heavy breathing and gently squeezed her hand to comfort her.

“What if I won’t?”

“Fine, just don’t regret it.” The other guy warned. He came closer to the guy who was holding your bag. He stared at his eyes and within seconds, the guy miraculously tossed the bag to him. Your eyes widened. Then, as though in cue, the 5 guys scrambled away with fear in their eyes. You were confused. Without any physical contact but by staring at their eyes, the guys turned timid seeing the two boys, who came to your rescue.

“Did you see that? He just stared at them and off they went.” Yoona whispered behind you. You nodded, clueless but agreed with her. You and Yoona were left with the two unknown strangers. The two strangers walked over to the both of you.

“I believe this is yours”, the tall guy handed your bag.

“Thank you so much.” You replied. Yoona came forward and thanked them as well.

“Are you girls hurt? Oh by the way, my name is Min Hyuk. Hyun Sik ah, they are your schoolmates right? Hmm…Lyorin and Yoona?” the other guy asked.

“How did you know our names?” Yoona frowned in confusion.

“Oh Hyun Sik here is your schoolmate in Seoul High School” He said gleefully to lighten up the tense atmosphere. He pushed  Hyunsik in front who seemed to be shy around them. “Sorry, my dongsaeng is a shy person.”

“Hi. Hyunsik and Minhyuk…” Lyorin greeted

“Minhyuk oppa. Sorry about that and thank you for your help.” Yoona nudged you from the back. As usual, you didn’t call Minhyuk oppa despite him being older, so Yoona interrupted the awkward situation.

“Ahh it’s okay. I hope you girls are fine. Where are you heading?” Minhyuk asked. Yoona and Minhyuk were just randomly conversing while you, on the other hand, were just staring at Hyunsik who was staring back at you as well. You were looking at his eyes. The eyes that left the bad guys trembled in fear. You were mesmerised at the intensity of his stare that Yoona had to snap you out of it.

“Lyorin, Lyorin! Let’s go now.” Yoona pulled your hand.

“Oh okay”, you were still dazed.

“Alright, take care! Be careful okay?” Minhyuk said. He then grabbed Hyunsik and walked at the opposite direction.

Both you and Yoona finally reached the bus stop. “Hey, are you okay? Yoona asked after seeing you all quiet. You gave her a nod. “Why? Is that Hyunsik guy too cute to you?” She teased.

“What? No!” You rolled your eyes at her teasing.

“You were staring at him the entire time!” Yoona teased you further.

“I was just trying to recall if I even seen him in school. That’s all,” you lied. Yes, you were staring at him, but not because he was too cute. It was because his eyes were breathtakingly beautiful.

“Yeah right… Anyways, since he’s our schoolmate, I guess we’ll be able to notice him around school now. I hate it that we have too many students in school that we can’t even recognise our own schoolmate.” You just nodded, your mind was elsewhere. Soon, your bus had arrived. You said your goodbyes and gave Yoona a hug before boarding it.

You reached the doorstep and took a glance at your watch, “10.45PM. I hope they’re asleep already.” You unlatched the lock slowly and quietly, preventing any unnecessary noise.  Just when you opened the door, you were greeted with Suho standing right in front. “OMG! What are you doing here? You gave me a scare!” rubbing your chest in surprise.

Suho looked at you with a worried expression. You turned your head and saw Chanyeol pointing on to an invisible watch on his hand, signalling the time. Not all the boys were there, just a few who happened to stay awake for you. “Lyorin ah, do you know what time is it?” You sighed at the question directed to you. You felt like a kid having to answer your parents.

“Hmm..10 plus.” You answered, while staring at the floor. Even though Suho was the nicer one of the two leaders, you still felt slightly intimidated.

“10.45,” Suho corrected. Your head was still down. You were prepared to get nagged but instead “Lyorin, don’t go home so late next time okay?” He bowed down to your eye level. You puffed up your cheek and fiddled with your bag’s strap. Suho can’t help but smile seeing the way you were acting; like a little kid. “Have you eaten?” He tried to lighten the atmosphere by changing the topic . You nodded and mumbled a weak ‘yes’. “Okay good, because if you’re hungry, there’s kimchi fried rice in the microwave. Oh by the way, Aunt will be staying over tonight at her sister’s”

Oh great, so I’m the only female in the mansion full of boys. And to make things even better, they aren’t ordinary boys but with out of the world powers. Really Aunt, thank you so much!! You mentally threw tantrum at your Aunt. You excused yourself since you were tired. You then walked past the boys glumly and went straight to your room. You had a quick shower, put on a loose tank top and a pair of shorts and hopped on to bed. As you laid down facing the ceiling, your mind kept humming a particular name.

HYUNSIK…HYUNSIK…HYUNSIK…… till your mind shut and your eyes slowly gave in to the sleepiness.

 

 

To be continued...

 

 


 

New characters!! I wonder who are they. Their names sound familiar right? Kekeke. Hope you like the story so far. The chapters seem rushing, i'm sorry =( I just don't want to make it draggy. Thank you for reading!