Break

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

You packed all the necessary items needed for a week. You would be staying over at Mr Lee's house, EXO's clan master, during the school holidays. You were nervous yet excited; nervous to meet the reputable Mr.Lee and excited to finally be able to leave the huge but boring mansion for a week. Aunt Marie would not be following since she had work. So, you were left with just the boys. You were miserable at first but after knowing that Mrs Lee had a daughter her age, you eased a little.

The journey was about 3 hours long by car. You and EXO had to travel in 3 cars and all the cars they owned were nothing short of classy and expensive cars; Audi, BMW and Mercedes. You weren't surprise at the high end cars these boys possessed. Soon, you finally reached the destination. Once again, you were greeted by the magnificent house. It was huge with an outdoor pool and a basketball court.

 

"Lyorin, this is where we used to train." Sehun informed. You slung your big backpack onto your shoulders and walked slowly towards the main door. There were people, whom you assumed were maids, trying to help carry your bag but you declined their offer nicely.

Out of a sudden, you heard a piercing scream, "KAI OPPA!! YOU'RE BACK! I MISS YOU!" You saw a girl running towards Kai and hugging him so tightly. Kai, on the other hand, remained stiff.

"Lee Sori, let go of Kai. He must be tired from the journey." You then saw an elderly man and a lady. In an instant the EXO boys bowed in unison and greeted the old couple. "Hah EXO, long time no see." He smiled and patted their backs. You stood there awkwardly. Mr Lee then approached you, "Hello sweetie. You must be Lyorin. Oh my, you've grown beautifully. The last time I saw you, you were still a baby. I'm Mr Lee by the way and this is Mrs Lee, my wife."

"Nice to meet you my dear." Mrs Lee went to hug you.

"And that is my daughter, Sori." Mr Lee pointed to the girl who was holding on to Kai's hand. You smiled at Sori but she glared instead. You looked away immediately.

"Thank you Mr Lee and Mrs Lee, for accommodating me." You spoke.

"It's okay. This place is always open for you to visit and stay. Come, I will show you the room." Mrs Lee squeezed your hand softly and led you to the room.

 

Finally, it was dinner time and you went to the dining room. If you thought the dining room back at EXO's mansion was big, this one was even bigger with maids helping out here and there. You didn't know where to sit and ended up being beside Kai. However, Sori jumped straight in front and pushed you aside.

"Kai oppa, I'll sit beside you," she said in the sweetest voice to him but sneered at you instead.

Kris, who noticed your 'what-the-hell' expression, quickly steered you to sit beside him and so you went.

 

Dinner was loud and noisy with everyone busy chatting. As for you, you didn't talk much but just listened to the lively chats. Mrs Lee, scooped a ladle full of rice and placed it on your plate. You nicely rejected since you were already full but she kept saying, "Eat more, Lyorin. You need to eat more." She was so nice and motherly. Maybe that's how it feels like to have a mother. A mother who constantly cares for you.

Seeing that her mother was giving more attention to Lyorin than her, Sori called, "Mummy, can I have more rice too?" Mrs Lee turned and looked at her daughter.

"I thought someone is on diet," Mrs Lee stated bluntly causing laughter across the table.

"You're on diet?" Chanyeol asked Sori.

"Yeah, I think you should," Tao further teased which made everyone snickered. "You looked like you've gained a little." He laughed.

"Tao oppa! Be quiet!" Sori got irritated.

You didn't laugh but were listening to the commotion. Sori wasn't fat. She was just slightly bigger than you but definitely not fat. You knew that Tao was just teasing her. You realised Sori was close to EXO and a pang of jealousy hit you.

 

After dinner, you went straight to the room and rummaged your bag for a book to read before bed. The room had an open balcony overlooking the lake. You went outside, breathed in the night air and then climbed on the ledge. You close your eyes and enjoyed the chilly atmosphere. It was calm and peaceful until Luhan, Sehun and D.O barged in to your room. You wanted to hide but it was too late.

“Yah Lyorin! Why are you sitting near the edge?!” Sehun blasted the quiet mood.

You didn’t realise that you were sitting at a dangerous spot. Your room was on the second level and if you had moved an inch, you would probably fall straight to the ground. You carefully made your way down. “What are you guys doing here? Can’t I have a peaceful time by myself?”

“We’re bored.” Xiumin said.

“You guys have Sori to entertain right? Why do you need me for?” You complained.

“Oh, someone is jealous huh?” Luhan pinched your cheek. You stuck out your tongue and walked away but he pulled you back and requested to sit down with them for awhile. “Don’t be mad. Sori is just Sori while you are our lovey dovey precious Star.” He snuggled up but you pushed away.

“Ewww, don’t call me that okay?” You mimicked a puking action.

“Anyways, Sori just wants Kai.” Sehun stated hoping to make you feel better.

“Huh?” You wondered.

“Because, Sori is Kai hyung’s ex-girlfriend” Sehun answered. “They were together for quite some time until Sori cheated on him. Wait, am I allowed to reveal this to you?” Sehun covered his mouth and widened his eyes. Luhan playfully smacked the back of Sehun’s head because of his absent-mindedness. “Lyorin, promise me not to tell Kai hyung okay?” He begged.

You nodded but wanted to know more so you asked, “Sori cheated on Kai? With another guy?” They nodded.

“It was hard for him to accept at first because he really loved her but now everything is just a past to him. They were together for about 3 years so that explains why he was devastated. Seriously, it affected him so much that he was close to depression. Luckily, we were there to help him overcome the misery.” Luhan explained further.

“He really….loves her.” You mumbled softly. Your heart ached suddenly. It wasn’t because you felt bad that Kai got cheated but you envied how close him and Sori used to be. You longed for Kai to atleast acknowledged your presence. All he ever did is to give you the cold shoulder. You could even count the number of times he actually talked to you after 8 months of living together.

"Loved not love," Luhan whispered. He heard you.

 

 

To be continued...