Better to be oblivious

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

School started and everything was back to normal. Yoona kept gushing about her short holiday trip to Jeju with her parents. Lyorin listened intently, envying at all the stories she was telling. She lied to Yoona telling that her holidays were spent at the mansion doing nothing. Actually she wasn’t lying. She really did spend her holidays at home, omitting the part when she almost got killed. They were by their lockers when she observed Hyunsik alone at his. Yoona excused herself since she was in a rush to be home. She apologised and left Lyorin as she made her way out of school. Hyunsik was still there, rummaging his locker. So, she went and approached him.

“Hey Hyunsik, how’s your holidays?” She asked casually. Hyunsik finally turned and showed his face. However, Lyorin noticed that his expression was glum. His usual eye smile seemed to have disappeared. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She was concerned.

Hyunsik stared at her. He winced as images of her sick face poured in his head. He was glad that she had gotten better. As much as he wanted to be close to her, he already vowed not to cause her anymore pain.   “Nothing. I got to go." Then, he left. He left her clueless and confused. She stood there awkwardly looking at his back walking away. She could not understand the sudden change in him but decided to brush it off. Maybe he was not in the mood.

 

Weeks passed and Hyunsik's attitude towards her got worst. Whenever she was in the room or within vicinity, he would just leave not giving her the chance to ask. She texted and called his phone but was ignored. Lyorin got worried. One day, she saw Peniel alone at the canteen after class.

"Hi Peniel, is this seat taken?" She went over to him and pointed at the seat opposite.

He shook his head and gestured for her to sit down.

"How have you been?" She started the conversation.

"Good. Yourself?" He asked in returned.

"I'm fine, thank you. Where is Hyunsik?" She asked. His face changed at the mention of his brother's name.

"He's absent today." He answered flatly.

"Oh. May I ask, is there any problem lately? Is Hyunsik facing any problem?"

"Problem? No. He's fine just that.." He stopped and looked at her, "he needs to get his priorities right. There are imp0rtant things, well in his case, an imp0rtant person, whom he needs to look out for." He carefully chose his words to explain.

"Oh I see. Is that why he's been avoiding and ignoring me?" He sensed upset in her tone.

"Lyorin, you have to understand that sometimes being oblivious is better than knowing the real truth. Hey sorry, I have to go now. See you around." He smiled and stood up.

Lyorin stopped him, "Peniel, I don't get it," giving him a confused look.

"You'll understand one day. Take care!" He walked away leaving Lyorin puzzled by his words.

 

****************************************

 

It was another weekend and you planned to stay home. Initially, you wanted to meet Yoona but something cropped and she cancelled the plan. So, you were left with a boring weekend. At least, there was still Hyunsik before but now, he wasn't talking to you. Despite the incident with BAP, EXO surprisingly allowed you to hang out. But on one condition, you were given a tracking device so that they could track your whereabouts. Plus, they knew BAP would not do anything stupid in public. They let you have your way because confining you would only make you hate them. Also, now that you know the full story, you were extra cautious of your surrounding.

 

It was a Saturday, which means EXO would be having their usual training. You stood along the corridor nervously, waiting for them to walk past. You wanted to request for something. You were curious and wanted to know more.

D.O was the first you spotted, "Hi Lyorin," but he walked past without asking further. You pouted, hoping that any one of them would stop and talk to you. You would then take the opportunity to ask.

You saw Baekhyun, Chen and Tao. You flashed the brightest smile but they just smiled in return. You sighed letting them walked away. Suddenly, Sehun skipped his way to you. Finally, someone you can ask.

"Hey Lyorin, have you finished the math homework?" He asked out of the blue.

You scratched your head and answered, "Yeah, I did it last night. Sehun.." You tugged his hand. "can I watch your training?" You asked at last. He looked at you with a frown. Afraid that he would refuse, you added "Please? Yoona cancelled our plan to meet today. So, I have nothing to do. I'm so bored. Pretty please?" You clutched your hands together and pouted adorably. "Help me ask Suho oppa please?"

"Eh?" He scratched his head trying to comprehend. "Okay, I'll ask him."

Coincidentally, Suho was walking towards them. "Hyung, is it okay for Lyorin to watch us train?"

Suho turned to you and said, "Oh okay. Next time, just ask me directly alright? Am I that fierce?" He joked.

"Thanks! I promise to watch quietly."

 

"You're here?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah. I'm here to watch you guys!" You jumped excitedly.

"Great. Just a gentle reminder, it's going to be hot in there." He said and pointed towards the basement area.

"Nah, I can handle the heat." You claimed.

"Are you sure?" He snickered and pushed the door open.

Oh my! You were greeted with an unexpected scene. You saw half guys already inside the training room. Chanyeol took of his shirt right before your eyes making you gulped nervously. You blushed seeing his toned and muscular body. He walked towards you, "I told you it's going to be hot in here." He smoothly turned around and left you speechless.

All except Kai were shirtless. You prayed hard not to faint at the high level of tertesterone atmosphere you were in. You found a nice spot at the corner and took a seat on the floor while fixing your eyes on the glorious creatures. You were a girl afterall.

 

You watched them throughout the training without blinking your eyes. You were fascinated. They were not only testing their powers but also learning combat skills. Kicks and punches were thrown everywhere. You witnessed Chen's ability to electrocute, Baekhyun's power to blind the opponent and Xiumin's specialty to turn everything into ice. Tao and D.O worked side by side. Tao taught D.O his fighting skills which was useful when combined with his strength. Chanyeol and Suho faced each other; fire and water. The rest were practicing on their strength and power control. You noticed Kai stealing glances at you. You were unsure whether your presence was troubling him or he was just being insecure. He was the only one fully clothed. Anyways, you ignored and watched them for the whole 4hrs. 

 

To be continued...

 

 


 Such a boring chapter. T____T