Discovered

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

At night, you felt slightly better but still relatively weak, so you stayed in your room. You didn't see the boys the entire day, probably because you were sleeping most of the time. You went to sit near the window ledge and looked out the night sky.

"Lyorin, can we come in?" You heard a knock and saw Chanyeol, Xiumin and Luhan by the door. You nodded.

"We brought your dinner," and saw Xiumin carrying a bowl of porridge and placed it in front of you. You thanked and gave them a weak smile. Xiumin and Luhan grabbed chairs and sat while Chanyeol, sat across you on the window ledge. Chanyeol touched your forehead. "Feeling better?" You nodded.

"Yeah better." You answered. Chanyeol pushed the bowl of porridge nearer to you.

"Go on, eat it while it's still warm." You slowly digged in. You hated porridge and didn’t really have the appetite but forced yourself to eat it.

"What are you thinking about?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing, I'm good." You lied. There were obviously plenty of things in your mind; school bullies, Yoona and Kai.

"If you have any problems, you can always talk to...oppas, you know." Chanyeol smiled, proudly acknowledging himself as an oppa. You smiled and felt glad knowing that they cared for you. Suddenly, Xiumin noticed your bruised hand. You remembered that your hand was bruised by Yuri when she stepped intentionally the other day. Luhan grabbed your hand before you could hide it .

"What's wrong with your hand?", "Are you being hurt in school?" Soon, you were bombarded with questions.

“Really, nothing. I fell, again.” Of course, you could lie to them the other day, but this time they were not convinced at all. They stared at you, expecting the truth. Eventually, you gave up and told them. “Okay fine. I was..well…a girl, wait..girls in school are sort of..disturbing me.” You had a hard time trying to explain to them. You didn’t want to say that you were bullied, so you carefully phrased it but the guys were quick enough to spot.

“Bullied? You are being bullied in school right?” Luhan asked in a stern tone. You looked down and straight away they knew they got it right.

Chanyeol got up, “What have Kai and Sehun been doing? I’m going to give them a piece of…” But before he could go, you held firmly to his arm, preventing him from leaving and confronting Kai and Sehun.

“Yeol oppa, please don’t. Actually, those girls, they like Kai and Sehun. Basically, they are pissed that I’m always with Kai and Sehun.” You confessed at last.

“I’m going to get Lay. Atleast let him treat your hand.” Xiumin straight away went out to call Lay. On the way out, he bumped into Suho, “Suho, where’s Lay?” He asked.

 “Why do you need Lay for? Is Lyorin okay?” Suho sounded slightly tensed.

“Go in and have a look.”

Meanwhile back in the room, “I don’t want you to get angry at Kai and Sehun. It’s not their fault. Please don’t confront  them or anything. Don’t worry about it. I can deal this bully. I’ll get by, I promise.” You forced a smile but the guys remained stiff. You turned and saw Suho entering your room. Please not Suho. He’ll probably slaughter Kai and Sehun. Of all the guys, you didn’t want Kris or Suho to know about your situation. Being the leaders, they would probably give Kai and Sehun a hard time. “Aish, why did Xiumin..” You mentally cursed.

Suho came in all worried, “Lyorin, what happened to your hand?” You sighed. Chanyeol filled in the details for his hyung who immediately changed his expression from calm to serious. “I’m so going to get Kai and Sehun to explain all these!” He burst. You shook your head and pleaded him not to. The moment was cut off when Xiumin entered the room with Lay. He settled beside you and examined your hand. 

As he was healing it, “Suho oppa, it’s not Kai or Sehun’s fault. It’s nothing serious. I beg you please don’t create a fuss over it, especially when…” You tried to convince them not to probe on the matter anymore. 

Lay looked at you puzzled, “Especially when?”

You fiddled with your fingers, “Hmm…especially when Kai hates me.” The guys were surprise after hearing your honest confession.

“No, silly. Kai doesn’t hate you.” Lay said as he moved his hand away, all done with the healing. You stared at the healed hand of yours. Wow, this guy's power is truly amazing and useful.

"Kai doesn't hate you, trust me. I apologise that his temper and mood can be off but he never hates you. He can never hate you." Xiumin tried to console. You gave him a smile but inside you didn't buy his words. The way Kai has been treating you since the first time you met was definitely negative.

"Lyorin, I'm going to talk to them atleast. I can't let this happen again. We don't want you getting injured or sick. Oppa will make sure everything will be fine. Now guys, please let Lyorin have her sleep. It's late. And you, Lyorin, I want you to rest and get better. It hurts to see you all pale and weak. Oppa wants the healthy Lyorin back, okay?" Suho was kneeling beside and holding your hand. His words were soothing, just like a loving big brother. You nodded as a response. You went to the bed and settled yourself but before Suho could leave the room, “Suho oppa, thank you.” He gave the most angelic smile in return.

 

***********************************

 

Suho went to find Kai and Sehun. Both of them were in their respective rooms; Kai was reading while Sehun was listening to his ipod. They were clueless as to what had happened. Suho called for Sehun to gather at Kai’s room.

“Hyung, what’s up?” Sehun asked his hyung casually. Kai was just staring at Suho, waiting for him to speak.

“Do you guys know anything about Lyorin being bullied in school?” Sehun eyes widened in surprise.

Kai stood up from his place and walked towards Suho. “What are you talking about?” His voice was deep and articulated. He sounded serious.

“Yes, I just came back from checking on Lyorin. She’s being bullied, and apparently these girls are your fangirls.” Suho was not angry at Kai and Sehun. He knew that his younger brothers were not aware of the situation. “Her hand was hurt,” he continued. Sehun clenched his fist in anger. He was angry more at himself than the bullies in school. He should have paid more attention to Lyorin but he failed.

“I will get back at the people who did this to her!” Sehun made his way out to check on Lyorin but Suho stopped him.

“Do not do anything rash. It may aggravate the situation. Plus, I’m not supposed to tell you guys because Lyorin didn’t want to make a big deal over it.” Sehun was even angrier at himself knowing that Lyorin did not want to trouble the boys. How could she possibly think of suffering this alone without telling us, he cried inside.

“Then what are we supposed to do, hyung? Is Lyorin okay?” Sehun asked impatiently.

“Calm down, Sehun. Lyorin is fine. I just want you guys to keep a look out for her. Do not act on impulse. Spare a thought on Lyorin okay? She doesn’t like the attention that is given to her already, especially that you guys are with her now. Did you get me?” Both Kai and Sehun nodded in unison. They understood what the leader expected from them.

“Kai, can I speak to you for a while? Sehun, can you?” Sehun understood and calmly went out of the room since Suho wanted to have a private talk with Kai. “Kai, can I ask you to treat Lyorin nicely?” Kai was taken aback by the request.

“I treat her normally, what’s wrong with that?” Suho gave him a disappointing look and Kai knew exactly what his hyung was talking about. Ever since, Kai set his eyes on Lyorin, he had never once treated her nicely. He was rude, arrogant and cold towards her. He had his reasons, Suho was aware of it and so did the rest of the boys. “Kai, I understand you but Lyorin is not the usual girls that you used to…..hmmm you get me right? Kai, she thinks that you hate her and despise her presence.”

Kai shook his head, "I don't hate her."

"I know, Kai. I know you actually care for her. Please don't be too hard on her okay?" Suho tapped Kai's shoulder. Kai nodded. "Yes, she can be stubborn at times but she's like our dear sister. She needs us as much as we need her too."

"Hyung, I know."

"Good." They ended the conversation. Kai felt bad. He didn't mean to treat her coldly. If only he could move on from his past.

 

---------------------------------

 

Lyorin woke up in the middle of the night feeling quench. She crept out of her bedroom silently and headed to the kitchen to grab herself a drink. She poured a glass of milk and settled down on the high top seat near the kitchen bar when suddenly, Kai appeared out of nowhere. She jumped a bit from the shock but was too tired to tell him off or pick a fight. Kai who saw how shocked Lyorin was, said his apology for the first time ever before heading to the fridge to get himself a drink as well.

"Why are you here?" Kai asked as he grabbed hold of the milk carton.

"I need a drink." Lyorin answered, watching Kai's back as he took out the milk from the fridge.

"How are you feeling? Better?" Lyorin was surprised at how friendly Kai's tone was. Before, he was rude and cold but that night he sounded pleasant.

"Yeah, better." After pouring the milk in to a glass, Kai walked over to the kitchen bar and sat opposite of Lyorin. He looked at her pale face and glanced at her hand.

"Does it still hurt? Your hand."

"Hmm..no. Lay oppa sort of..." Lyorin looked up and met with Kai's eyes. His eyes were mesmerising; she blushed.

"Why didn't you inform us?"

"It's really nothing serious." Lyorin didn't want to be a burden to the boys especially over such a matter. She disliked being seen as weak.

"How did they hurt you?" Lyorin remained silent, not wanting to fill in the details. Kai was adamant to know, "How?" He asked again.

"Hmm..pushed me against the wall, slammed my hand...yeah." Lyorin's face contorted as she recalled the several incidents she had with the girls. Kai sighed and then looked straight into Lyorin's eyes.

"I won't let them hurt you anymore." Kai meant every word he said and the seriousness showed on his face made Lyorin's heart skipped a bit. She was thankful yet wary of Kai, especially when he possessed powers. As much as she hated the girls, she didn’t want them to get hurt. She gave him a nervous smile as she gulped the last bit of milk.

She placed her head down and whimpered slightly, since she was not fully recovered from the fever and was having a slight headache. Kai who noticed, pushed himself off the seat and went vanished in an instant. Within seconds, Kai reappeared, holding a small bottle in his hand.

“Nah, take this. Lay hyung passed it to me the other time. You can have it.” Lyorin, who didn’t notice that Kai had actually teleported back to his room to grab the bottle of medicine, lifted her head and looked at him.

“It’s okay. Lay gave that to you.” Lyorin shook her head and refused to accept the medicine.

“Take it. You look like you need it more. You don’t have to give it back. Just keep it for yourself.” Kai placed the bottle infront of Lyorin. He settled himself back on the seat. Lyorin took the medicine and gave it a look

“Thanks. I guess I’ll head back now. Good night.” She smiled and to her surprise, Kai smiled in return. It wasn’t a big flashy smile but still a smile from Kai, who had always been cold and grumpy to Lyorin. But before she could leave the kitchen, Kai grabbed her arm.

“I don’t hate you.” Lyorin stumbled a bit but Kai managed to steady her. She was shocked at his sudden confession. He continued, “Listen, I don’t hate you at all” Then, he stopped and stared at Lyorin straight to her eyes. “Don’t get sick again okay?”

“Ouh? Okay thanks.” Lyorin managed to answer. Wow, Suho must have really talked some sense to him. Lyorin headed straight to her room. She downed the medicine that was given and made herself comfortable on bed. Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

 

 

To be continued...